#1 ·
Looks like key cloning from the CCTV.

Was between 3-4am.

Have the parked location.

Police on the case!

Totally gutted.

#27 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Hey Gdank. So frustrating. You're probably aware but your home address is showing in the image.
No it's not :p

I did the whole thing where you set your home down the road in case I lost my keys and people got into the car, that way the car wouldn't take them to my house ... about 20 houses away!

But thanks for thinking about it!

#28 ·
Hey Gdank, have you tried locking it remotely? I wonder if they have managed to fully clone a key to enable them to unlock it agains/start it etc ? Assuming yes given it moved locations, or possibly moved on flat-bed or similar !

I'd lock it for the hell of it anyway !

#29 ·
That would drive me up the wall. I'd be out hunting the area like you have.
Remote start at every opportunity.
Very frustrating.

#30 ·
mike72uk said:
Hey Gdank, have you tried locking it remotely? I wonder if they have managed to fully clone a key to enable them to unlock it agains/start it etc ? Assuming yes given it moved locations, or possibly moved on flat-bed or similar !

I'd lock it for the hell of it anyway !
I've tried locking, but it will not complete as the boot was open.

In addition I tried to remote start, but again it would not as the doors were not locked.

Today, the remote won't connect to the car anymore ... so not even "beep + sound"

#31 ·
You could try jaguar customer services , they can also track the vehicle through the SOS sim in telematics and liase with the police .
Also call the jaguar In Control Secure, number , even if not fitted.

It usually needs the police to call Jaguar to permit this though.

#33 ·
Sorry to hear of your lose
But now glad I took the three year gap insurance
Garenteed full replacement of the vehicle and all though jaguar
Hope you get it back

#34 ·
catwoman said:
^ . . yes, good idea there June16 . . it's definitely worth a try anyway

Gdank said:
Today, the remote won't connect to the car anymore ... so not even "beep + sound"
. . . they've probably disconnected the battery by now
That's how police have been recovering Mercedes and Evoque and RRS , the embedded sim. I think it's on the standby battery as is alarm.

#35 ·
Gdank said:
....I told the police where it was - they said it would be quicker if I went there!
I'm deeply concerned the police would recommend that . . you could have ended up in any kind of a situation!

It's very poor if they expect car owners to do their work for them. Easy to see how these low-lifes get away with this sort of thing!

#36 ·
June16 said:
You could try jaguar customer services , they can also track the vehicle through the SOS sim in telematics and liase with the police .

I did tell the police this, and the insurance company, and anyone else who I thought should know.

@ Catwoman : That's Essex police for you ... even I was shocked!

TBH I think the only people that care are the insurance company.

#37 ·
Sorry to hear that they are so unhelpful.
It might still be worth you calling In Control Secure as an owner, they are 24/7 and maybe a crime ref number will help.

You can always raise a police complaints form , it won't get your car back unless it stirs them into some sort of belated action .
However it does affect their precious stats and targets .

#38 ·
Ok some updates.

Firstly the insurance company said not to a full replacement as it was 4 days over the 1 year.

However they did offer my £52,400 which is very reasonable, considering it's 1 year (and 4 days!!) old with 9k miles, and I paid just under £61k.

So I'm very happy with that.

No update from the police ... although they did email me 4 days later to ask for the CCTV footage ... so glade to see it finally get looked at! :shock:

#39 ·
Gdank said:
Ok some updates.

Firstly the insurance company said not to a full replacement as it was 4 days over the 1 year.

However they did offer my £52,400 which is very reasonable, considering it's 1 year (and 4 days!!) old with 9k miles, and I paid just under £61k.

No update from the police ... although they did email me 4 days later to ask for the CCTV footage ... so glade to see it finally get looked at! :shock:
The sheer fact you will be going into a dealer without a trade you will be able to come out of this with very little to pay, I call that a result.

Will you stick with the F-Pace or consider something else?

#40 ·
luminated said:
The sheer fact you will be going into a dealer without a trade you will be able to come out of this with very little to pay, I call that a result.

Will you stick with the F-Pace or consider something else?
The finance company need £20k of that first ;)

All depends on the wife. If I can convince her that we don't need an SUV then then maybe something else.

#41 ·
June16 said:
It might still be worth you calling In Control Secure as an owner, they are 24/7 and maybe a crime ref number will help.

You can always raise a police complaints form , it won't get your car back unless it stirs them into some sort of belated action .
Don't bother with police complaints, it's government policy to cut police budgets, so they prioritiise response, life and limb comes first, then all the way down to property crime, including vehicles right at the bottom. They will only respond if there is nothing better to do, so all you can do is keep everything as secure as possible then claim on insurance when the worst happens.
Any incident is going to affect insurance costs and NCBs so whatever extra security you can add will be very cost effective

#42 ·
Gdank said:
Ok some updates.

I do not mean to appear to be insensitive to your situation but maybe an idea to update your CCTV to give you phone notifications of movements, my camera setup texts my mobile if it notices any movement, at least I have a chance to get outside and the thieves have a chance to run before I get hold of them.

#43 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Gdank said:
Ok some updates.

I do not mean to appear to be insensitive to your situation but maybe an idea to update your CCTV to give you phone notifications of movements, my camera setup texts my mobile if it notices any movement, at least I have a chance to get outside and the thieves have a chance to run before I get hold of them.
You don't silence your phone whilst you sleep?

#44 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Gdank said:
Ok some updates.

We had a guy regularly checking cars along the area and I had contents removed from drive when I left it open once. So I get CCTV and I have the alerts. Very quickly I realise the only thing moving at night is a fox and in six months I've not seen a single "villain", which I'm glad about. The front of house alerts were soon removed though I have the back door still setup to alert as well as inside.
The fox actually seems to have disappeared once I fitted an extra side security light though.

#45 ·
Well, this thread has just prompted me into buying some Faraday Bags!
My car is parked probably 50m+ from the house and unless you know which house it belongs to, it should be safe but my brother has a BMW 5 series on his driveway and my fiancé has a keyless entry Tiguan on order too.
Seems like good extra insurance to me for £3.80 per bag! (Not forgetting the spare keys!!!)

OP - I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your vehicle but by sharing your experience here, you may well have prevented others going through the trauma, hassle and expense. Thanks.

#46 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Frankly my life and well being is worth far more than the value of a car, you don't know how committed and armed these thugs are. As someone who has been held up by armed robbers I can tell you it's one of the most frighting things I've ever experienced and after experiencing it I wouldn't want to put myself in such a situation ever again.

#47 ·
RSPORT27 said:
Well, this thread has just prompted me into buying some Faraday Bags!
My car is parked probably 50m+ from the house and unless you know which house it belongs to, it should be safe but my brother has a BMW 5 series on his driveway and my fiancé has a keyless entry Tiguan on order too.
Seems like good extra insurance to me for £3.80 per bag! (Not forgetting the spare keys!!!)

OP - I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your vehicle but by sharing your experience here, you may well have prevented others going through the trauma, hassle and expense. Thanks.
Can I second that. I too have today ordered two Faraday bags. Gdank, thank you for the warning.

But, in the same spirit as others, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your car, the grief and hassle. It made me wonder at what point one draws the line on owning ever prettier, more expensive luxury goods. All of us here have lovely but expensive cars either sitting on our drives, on the kerbside or in a garage. Sadly, greed and envy result in some folk choosing to steal what others have worked hard to achieve.

Gdank, I hope things pick up in 2018.

Arianne

#48 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Gdank said:
Ok some updates.

Nope, the phone is never turned to silent in case of family emergency's.

Never had an issue with the camera setup either.

#49 ·
luminated said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Frankly my life and well being is worth far more than the value of a car, you don't know how committed and armed these thugs are. As someone who has been held up by armed robbers I can tell you it's one of the most frighting things I've ever experienced and after experiencing it I wouldn't want to put myself in such a situation ever again.
Yes not a situation you would want to find yourself in for sure, as for committed and armed the thugs, they need to worry about how committed and armed I am.

Concrete, welly boots and the sea are close by. ;)

#50 ·
For those that asked ...

Yes my CCTV can be set to send alarm to my phone. However I have family all over the world who WhatsApp me at night so I do use DND.

It wouldn't matter anyway as once a spider puts one web across the dam thing it constantly sets the motion detector off... so had to turn alerts off.

#51 ·
June16 said:

June16 said:

Sorry to hear of the loss of you car Gdank, but just picking up on these comments...

I think you've be very lucky to get any response from JLR in relation to tracking over and above what you can get yourself from the app. The InControl Secure tracker is a proper Thatcham monitored tracker, that is a paid option. You've not got the proper tracking hardware in the car unless you had it fitted at manufacture. If JLR were able and happy to track it when people hadn't bought the option, they'd have a hard time selling the option. So I suspect you'd get a response of 'Very sorry for your loss, but you don't have a tracker fitted'.

The standard vehicle location from the app is much simpler. The car notes it's GPS position regularly, and then when it stops it transmits that to JLR over the builtin sim. It's not a continually broadcasting tracker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.