Rubbing Noise - Front Half Shaft

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mik

Re: Rubbing Noise - Front Half Shaft

Post by mik » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:15 pm

Renesis wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:05 pm
Hi Steve unless your within your 30 days of purchase I think you will have a battle on your hands with a rejection for this now.

If this is the only issue and they have now fixed it surely you’d want to keep it now?
This. There must be other significant issues you are unhappy with surely? :?

Mrs mik's car has started making the noise very quietly. I am delighted to hear there is a fix in the offering.
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

Steveb68

Post by Steveb68 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:58 pm

The noise started around 5000 Kms and got progressively worse...it’s been in the garage twice for a fix and it hasn’t been successful. My main concern is the effect this might have on the resale value. I keep my cars for 4 years and then sell them on. I don’t want that this issue becomes something that my car becomes tagged with and could possibly effect the value. Love the car but really really disappointing that 70,000 spent should get you a car that’s been tested.
3.0 V6 Diesel S, Ammonite, Back Pack, 22 inch Black Double Helix, Luxury Pack, Sliding Pano roof, Elec. T Bar, 14 x 14 mem. seats, Privacy glass, ICTP 825,ASR, Adv 360 parking,Cold climate pack, Practicality pack, BS monitoring, Activity Key

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 am

Renesis wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:39 pm
So after several visits to the dealer a rejection letter, a meeting and a conversation with the JLR regional tech I decided to allow work to be carried out on my car as the last attempt before it was fully rejected.

New half shaft support bracket which is now made of of some grade of steel as opposed to aluminium was installed last week. The estimated cost of this part is said to be £35k due to design and development I imagine.

Several road tests were carried out and the vehicle finally returned to me earlier this week after a couple of weeks of being tempered with due to some other outstanding issues with the car.

Happy to report the noise has finally disappeared!! I have done everything I can to see if I can hear the noise and I’m 99.9% sure the new part has done the job on my car. I think I’m one of the first people to have had this part as it isn’t being installed to new production cars until later this year.

A very well done to my dealer who have really come through in this instance and a big thanks to JLR#5 for all his help with the rejection assistance.

I’m very pleased to be able to put a line under this and finally start enjoying my FPace instead of it being a massive disappointment.

Also had the new ICTP updated installed and all working fine, finally my car works!!!

Thank you so much for posting this. I have shared it with my dealer, Lloyd Kelso. Our RR Velar is scheduled to be returned to them for diagnosis of the same issue next Monday. I am hoping your post will expedite the process. What a relief!

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

alan1307

Post by alan1307 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:55 am

JTB00577 has been released today detailing the fix, which is a new driveshaft support bracket!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:09 am

Too late for me but very happy for other owners that his issues seems resolved.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Steveb68 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:58 pm
The noise started around 5000 Kms and got progressively worse...it’s been in the garage twice for a fix and it hasn’t been successful. My main concern is the effect this might have on the resale value. I keep my cars for 4 years and then sell them on. I don’t want that this issue becomes something that my car becomes tagged with and could possibly effect the value. Love the car but really really disappointing that 70,000 spent should get you a car that’s been tested.
I would not worry, dealers are not telling people the cars they have for sale on the forecourt have been rejected anyway so I would not worry too much, I am sure a fix will be found.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Has anybody else had this or have been booked in for this recall yet?

I’m afraid to say that the noise has returned on my car and I’m not a happy chappy, my concern is will it get worse and be louder than it was before? So far it’s noticable again but not as loud - at present 700 miles covered with new part installed
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Renesis,

Is it the same noise from the same place, I.e. the original problem returning?

You post would indicate it probably is :(
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:55 pm

My Velar went in yesterday for this issue and so, when I hear more, I will update this forum too. The two cars are sisters and so some information about the Velar may be helpful for F-Pace owners too?

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Arianne wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:55 pm
My Velar went in yesterday for this issue and so, when I hear more, I will update this forum too. The two cars are sisters and so some information about the Velar may be helpful for F-Pace owners too?

Arianne
Good luck Arianne, Renesis car fix they said would sort the issue has not resolved the problem as the issue has come back which is a worry for anyone with this issue that still after 18 months the issue is not resolved and they keep making cars with potentially this problem not resolved.

Worrying for you all.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”