Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Hello everyone

11K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  mike72uk 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Latecomer to these boards but ordered mine back in mid-August and looking forward to taking delivery although this is currently scheduled for December 1! Christmas is certainly coming early this year.

See that others are getting similar wait times though.

Went for the Petrol S as 1) don't think Diesels are really a good option for the future and 2) didn't really see much difference in price between the other two petrol engines and the fun of the S on my usage. If I got one of the others, I would just wish I got the S anyway also it is quite Possibly last chance to have a V6 before fun gets outlawed/priced out.... which is what I will remember when standing next to it on the petrol forecourt.

Will also admit that another F Pace has just arrived on the street with one of my more annoying neighbours and I am such a "£$%... having the S parked a few cars away will make me smile whenever I see his.... juvenile but the truth.

Thank you all for your feedback on these boards particularly the options... I can alter mine until November and may well do so... particularly thinking of axing the ACC as have only really experienced it in hire cars and think that the current positioning of the radar on the front of the car looks awful.

Feedback welcome!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome and just to let you know it is compolsary to provide pictures when your car arrives, or so it appears from other welcomes on here :lol:

For my 2p I would recommend you consider the LED headlights (which I have), the skinny spare (which I don't have, but wish I had) and the Blind Spot Monitoring (which I also don't have, but wish I did).

#3 ·
Noted and will post the pics!

I am considering the LEDs... the Bi-Xenons come as standard but if I axe the ACC I can add the LEDs and blind spot monitoring ... must admit... struggling to understand whether the Bi-xenons do anything extra at all. Standard on the F Pace S and description is pretty limited!

#4 ·
If you search on this forum I think you will find many owners are not very happy with their xenon headlights, as apparently they are a bit dim!

I also listed the skinny spare as it is only £155 (or was) and includes the jack, etc. whereas if you don't order a spare wheel you don't get a jack, just the pressurised gunk to ruin your tyres, even if they would otherwise have been repairable.

The full size spare puts a hump in the boot and ruins what is otherwise a fantastic boot area.

I'm sure others will chime in with their thoughts and advice.

#5 ·
Excellent choice!

Personally, I would lose the ACC & get the BSM and the LED's

Been driving a 2.0d R Sport with Xenon's and have to dispute that they are poor, but the LED's are much better and I'm really missing the auto hi-beam assist ( as are many other blinded Surrey drivers as I keep forgetting some cars are made from twigs, antelope hide, stone wheels and no floor to keep it moving..) :D

#6 ·
Welcome. Nice spec but I would definitely go for the LED lights and space-saver spare. I also went for the heated windscreen because it's nice to sit inside whilst defrosting rather than get cold hands! Can't comment on other possible options as I don't have them.

Look forward to seeing your pics in due course

#7 ·
I was very disappointed with the Xenons having come from an Evoque with Xenons that were excellent. Also the Xenons don't have high beam assist and are not adaptive and don't have assisted turn lighting. My second FP had the LEDs and they are significantly better. Also I highly rate the BSM function. It's excellent.

#8 ·
Finally I have my F Pace, and I love it... not so much the petrol stations I have spent a lot of time in since... but the noise, the theatre and the drive are all worth it. As was the 825w Stereo and the envious gaze of my aforementioned neighbour.

My only gripe is the Adaptive Cruise Control. Fine under braking (although very early) but races back to set speed as quickly as it can... Parking assist very helpful... never driven anything this big before and not the easiest thing to see out of! If i could turn back time I would not purchase.

Small minor gripe is that around the front doors, Mud is coming in outside the cabin but on the inside of the door... Anyone else have that?

Overall the wife thinks she has a sensible family SUV replacing a very boring 2.0 diesel XE that made her feel old. Now she can brace the SUV playgrounds of the Cotswolds and Southwest London with confidence... Also the sensble SUV is only when she is in it. In my case dynamic is my mode and all others are wife mode*

A little works Mini wanted a drag race yesterday... not only did I pummel him to 60 mph but it was a short victory as the excellent satnav let me know there was a speed camera around the corner... so on winning, applied brake and let him fly through to take the plaudits meeted out by the flashing camera...

*this is a unique situation to my family and not a generalisation about all wives.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Grille
Wheel Car Window Tire Vehicle

Attachments

#11 ·
Wow you really are just around the corner from me. I recognise those streets. One of the very few Victorian schools in our area that isn't now posh apartments. I won't say where in case you don't want your location revealed but I'm sure we'll passs each other on Trinity Road or Garrat Lane as some point!

(Lovely looking motor by the way!)

#12 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Wow you really are just around the corner from me. I recognise those streets. One of the very few Victorian schools in our area that isn't now posh apartments. I won't say where in case you don't want your location revealed but I'm sure we'll passs each other on Trinity Road or Garrat Lane as some point!

Ha! I will keep a look out! What are you driving these days? Are you ex F-Pace these days!

#13 ·
The mud inside the door is actually an ingenious solution created by al early FPacer.
Buy some rubber stripping and just slot it on.
I put mine one a year ago and still there with no need for glue, tape or and bolts etc.

Something like this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VZWMK46?tag=mokownclu-21

Works really well.

#14 ·
Mbadger77 said:
The mud inside the door is actually an ingenious solution created by al early FPacer.
I put mine one a year ago and still there with no need for glue, tape or and bolts etc.

Something like this.

Works really well.
Some cut lengths of old cycle inner tubes work just as well and stay in place 😀

#15 ·
SW18Tractor said:
JLRnumber5 said:

Ha! I will keep a look out! What are you driving these days? Are you ex F-Pace these days!
I'm in an SQ5 at the moment but missing JLR. Was considering a Velar but decided having seen quite a few on the road now that i'm not as blown away by it as I first thought considering how much more it is than an FP. So waiting for the facelift RRS and will see what that's like.

#16 ·
Mbadger77 said:

Something like this.

Works really well.
Hi Mbadger77, have you got some pictures of where/how you fitted this to share ?

Regards,
Mike

#17 ·
Mbadger77 said:

Something like this.

Works really well.
Thanks Badger - do they simply fit along the bottom of the door?

#18 ·
Jacksoag said:
Mbadger77 said:

Something like this.

Works really well.
I said it at the time. I'm not,putting some scabby old inner tubes on my premium car. The £4 bits of rubber though :)
Much more fitting to quality of car.

#19 ·
mike72uk said:
Mbadger77 said:

Something like this.

Works really well.
Hi Mbadger77, have you got some pictures of where/how you fitted this to share ?

Regards,
Mike
Yes just fits direct on the door fin. I'll try and remember to take a photo in the morning.
Hasn't been cleaned since last summer so be interesting to see how dirty it is.

#20 ·
Mbadger77 said:
mike72uk said:
Mbadger77 said:

Something like this.

Works really well.

Regards,
Mike
Yes just fits direct on the door fin. I'll try and remember to take a photo in the morning.
That would be great, I'll order a length in the meantime...after 1800 miles to the Alps and back, the insides of the lower doors are looking particularly grubby !

#21 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Jacksoag said:
Mbadger77 said:

Something like this.

Works really well.
I said it at the time. I'm not,putting some scabby old inner tubes on my premium car. The £4 bits of rubber though :)
Much more fitting to quality of car.
They're not scabby, they work and nobody knows they are there - can't see how they affect the perceived quality of the car. And I still have my £4 😀. Helped towards buying my 2nd F-Pace......which has the same deluxe fitments.

#22 ·
Mbadger77 said:
mike72uk said:
Mbadger77 said:

Something like this.

Works really well.

Regards,
Mike
Any luck with those pic's MBadger77 ? Did you just slide the piece onto the bottom of the door (the bit that effectively curves under the body ?)

#23 ·
mike72uk said:
....Did you just slide the piece onto the bottom of the door (the bit that effectively curves under the body ?)
Hi, you just cut a short piece and slide it up so it grips along the edge of this plastic fitting to fill in the gap between, as shown in this pic (which is how they look if you don't fill it in) . . . so it's unobtrusive, but just enough to stop a lot of the stuff that can get splashed up through the open gap

View attachment 3814

Attachments

#24 ·
catwoman said:
mike72uk said:
....Did you just slide the piece onto the bottom of the door (the bit that effectively curves under the body ?)
Hi, you just cut a short piece and slide it up so it grips along the edge of this plastic fitting to fill in the gap between, as shown in this pic (which is how they look if you don't fill it in) . . . so it's unobtrusive, but just enough to stop a lot of the stuff that can get splashed up through the open gap

door gap.JPG
Cheers Catwoman,

Ordered some after washing today (at which point I realised that gap you referenced was the problem and how they would fit!

I see you have the splash guard (as JLR seems to refer to mud guards/mud flaps) but still get dirt coming in !

Quite why that part isn't flush fit or doesn't have some rubber gasket (for body flex) is beyond me as once you've see it it's obvious that dirt and grime will ingress through there !

Regards
Mike

#25 ·
Hope it worked. Sorry I did take a photo but forgot to be honest and haven't been around as much as Normal.

#26 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Hope it worked. Sorry I did take a photo but forgot to be honest and haven't been around as much as Normal.
Worked a treat, thanks Mbadger77 and Catwoman

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.