Remote start - again slight twist

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
User avatar
XERoy
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by XERoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 pm
Forbidden in the UK on a public highway too. Didn't stop me 'risking it' however.
I use it all the time in the winter, public roads, car parks etc... Have done so since 2015 in my xe. Never had any issues.

I actually used it today to cool down the car. Lovely.

As far as the legal aspects are concerned, at home and abroad, I think that due to my earlier points about the car being locked, immobilised etc that this is a case of the law needing to catch up with modern technology. It was probably written when you had to have the keys in the ignition to start a car, back in the bad old days.

R
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D


JLRnumber5
Posts: 4191
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 pm

^ agreed. I park my car in the street and it's a busy area and police often around so I was always primed for such a conversation!
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 am

I wonder if like all laws there is a date on this legal issue, would be interesting to know how old the law for this dates.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


chimchimcheroo
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: The Flat Fens

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by chimchimcheroo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 am

dw-fp-jag wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm
Cheers Jarms, apart from turning the a/c and heating on do you know what else can be controlled via the remote phone app?
VEHICLE STATUS INFORMATION
Check current fuel level and range, and status of door and window position and locks. See the last parked location of your Jaguar and find your way back to it with on-foot directions.

VEHICLE MAINTENANCE ALERTS
You will be able to view maintenance issues – for example low fluid levels – and get advice on what to do next.

JOURNEY HISTORY
This opt-in feature can automatically record your journey history including your route and mileage statistics. This information can be exported by email in Excel format for expense reporting.

REMOTE CLIMATE CONTROL
Prepare your Jaguar in advance by setting temperatures to keep you and all your passengers comfortable from the moment you step inside. It is powered by remotely starting the engine.*

REMOTE BEEP AND FLASH
This feature turns on your Jaguar’s hazard lights, dipped headlights and an audible alert to help you locate it in a crowded car park.

REMOTE LOCK AND UNLOCK
Lock or unlock your doors remotely with the click of a button. Simply press the ‘lock’ button on the Vehicle Security screen of the InControl Remote Smartphone App to single lock the doors, arm the alarm, fold in the wing mirrors and close the windows. Press the ‘unlock’ button to unfold the wing mirrors, turn on the dipped headlights and cause the hazard lights to flash twice.
REMOTE ALARM RESET
You will get an alert on your smartphone if your car alarm goes off, allowing you to reset it if required.

WAKE-UP FUNCTION
To conserve battery power certain non-essential Remote features will shut down if you don’t drive your Jaguar for 4 days.

Therefore if you'd like to be able to use these services after this period of time, you can schedule a Wake-Up, which will reactivate features such as remote climate control and lock/unlock features.

The Remote Smartphone App features will be automatically reactivated the next time your Jaguar is driven.
2.0d Auto RWD Portfolio, 20" 10 spoke wheels, BRG, Adaptive Dynamics, Privacy Glass, Leds, 20 way seat pack, Black interior, Oyster headlining, Remote rear release, ICTP 380, Rubber mats, Loadspace scuff plate, fixed sidesteps, Dual view screen


dw-fp-jag
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by dw-fp-jag » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 am

Re the 4th point above - Surely it just starts the electrical systems for 'Remote Climate Control' and doesn't actually 'start the engine' on your drive or wherever its parked?
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.


User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 1301
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:07 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by catwoman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am

dw-fp-jag wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 am
Re the 4th point above - Surely it just starts the electrical systems for 'Remote Climate Control' and doesn't actually 'start the engine' on your drive or wherever its parked?

Yep, starts the engine, sits there wherever you've parked it, idling away merrily . . warms the car up on a cold morning, air-con cools it down on a warm afternoon . . . lots of threads discussing this feature.
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red


Coopsterdude
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by Coopsterdude » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 am

catwoman wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am
dw-fp-jag wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 am
Re the 4th point above - Surely it just starts the electrical systems for 'Remote Climate Control' and doesn't actually 'start the engine' on your drive or wherever its parked?

Yep, starts the engine, sits there wherever you've parked it, idling away merrily . . warms the car up on a cold morning, air-con cools it down on a warm afternoon . . . lots of threads discussing this feature.
I am right in thinking this is only available on models with the Auto gearbox though aren't I?
2.0D AWD Prestige Auto. BRG, Oyster trim with Pistachio stitching, Privacy Glass, Activity Key and Towbar


dw-fp-jag
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by dw-fp-jag » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:30 am

Wow... must hammer fuel consumption sat there idling away on cold mornings. A design fault methinks :idea:
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.


User avatar
Foxylady
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by Foxylady » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 am

Coopsterdude wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 am
catwoman wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am
dw-fp-jag wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 am
Re the 4th point above - Surely it just starts the electrical systems for 'Remote Climate Control' and doesn't actually 'start the engine' on your drive or wherever its parked?

Yep, starts the engine, sits there wherever you've parked it, idling away merrily . . warms the car up on a cold morning, air-con cools it down on a warm afternoon . . . lots of threads discussing this feature.
I am right in thinking this is only available on models with the Auto gearbox though aren't I?

CORRECT! In case you've parked it on your drive and left it in gear! Don't want to be starting up the engine remotely and suddenly find your F-Pace in your living room!!!! :lol: :lol:
2.0 Diesel RWD Automatic Prestige in BRITISH RACING GREEN with Latte/Espresso, Rear Camera and Space Saver


JLRnumber5
Posts: 4191
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:53 pm

dw-fp-jag wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:30 am
Wow... must hammer fuel consumption sat there idling away on cold mornings. A design fault methinks :idea:
Design fault? No not at all. Worked brilliantly. Used it all the time. Miss it terribly!
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deeceebee, Google [Bot], jeffreywoodham, Mulberry and 5 guests