Remote start - again slight twist

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
JLRnumber5

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Correct. Providing your car isn't manual transmission you can remote start via the Jag remote app. It's one of the functions I really miss.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jim

Post by Jim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Also, not only is it possible from the App, it actually prevents you from starting the car remotely if it isn't locked and the alarm armed.

I quite often use the remote start when I'm in hotels just before leaving my room on the way to checking out, or if it is frosty from breakfast before going back to my room, etc. A very handy way of ensuring that in the morning the car is nice and warm when I get in or at the other end of the day in the summer ensuring the car is nice and cool when leaving the office to drive home.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Gato Grande

Post by Gato Grande » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:05 pm

I used mine last winter, and, 'showed it off' a couple of times to friends from the house, I am quite remote so lucky people passing by won't see it,

It's great to have and when frosty it automatically kicks in the heated screen, terrific
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, sliding roof, Ammo grey, now over 12 months old, and, still looks lush.....👍😘

Jarmstro36

Post by Jarmstro36 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Dw,

Comes as standard on the automatic, on a manual it i an added feature that you purchase.
I was going to order it on mine until the dealer advised as i was getting anyway after ordering my auto

Regards

Jarms
R-Sport, AWD, Auto, Polaris White, privacy glass, 20" Blade wheels, Heated front and rear seats

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Cheers Jarms, apart from turning the a/c and heating on do you know what else can be controlled via the remote phone app?
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

Coopsterdude

Post by Coopsterdude » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:37 pm

dw-fp-jag wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 pm
Surely if you 'remote start' your car on your drive it still keeps the doors locked so not too many worries about some passer by just jumping in and nicking it?
Still waiting for delivery of mine and don't have the added remote 'option' but believe I can do it via the free phone app; please correct me if I've been misinformed.
Yes it's available via the remote app providing it's an automatic - I don't believe the option is available on manual cars.
2.0D AWD Prestige Auto. BRG, Oyster trim with Pistachio stitching, Privacy Glass, Activity Key and Towbar

XERoy

Post by XERoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Is this really an issue?
As far as I can see the engine running is a non point (other than the environmental impact).
The car is still locked, park brake on, in neutral, immobilised (you cannot move it without the key), so I really cannot see what all the fuss is about, other than the environment stuff, and I'm sure that jaguar could argue that the car coming up to temperature slowly on someone's drive is more beneficial to the dolphins than jumping in it and driving it at low temperatures, and low efficiency for 10 miles.

It's probably banned in Germany because audi, BMW, and Mercedes do not have it. ;)
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D

pstoehr1964

Post by pstoehr1964 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 pm

HI,
XERoy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm
It's probably banned in Germany because audi, BMW, and Mercedes do not have it. ;)
no, that is not the reason. According to the STVO §30 it is strictly forbidden.

Greetings from Germany
Peter
20d PRESTIGE, BRG, ICTP, Practicality Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Head Up Display Pack, Timed climate with remote and some other fancy stuff

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 pm

Forbidden in the UK on a public highway too. Didn't stop me 'risking it' however.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

XERoy

Post by XERoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 pm

pstoehr1964 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 pm
HI,
XERoy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm
no, that is not the reason. According to the STVO §30 it is strictly forbidden.

Greetings from Germany
Peter
Greetings. It was a joke, not really serious.
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”