Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Shiny door side panels - scratches.

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JLRnumber5 
#1 ·
I thought I'd seen this mentioned in the forum before but here goes.

The door black side panels and other glossy shiny bits like cup holder cover pick up so many tiny hairline scratches so easily.

Can anyone suggest a way of removing them or at least making them look less scratchy?? :cry:

#3 ·
The outer plastic bits on the doors I've found scratch very easily, not great.
Has to be polished out out. I had mine done when detailed and they are sort of ok still.
Interior I've not had any scratches and it holds up well I've found.

#4 ·
It's not perfect, but I tried the Autoglym glass polish on them this weekend (externally) and it was certainly an improvement. It was by mistake at first as I had some overspill but then thought hmmm, this could work - tried it on a small piece first.

#5 ·
interesting. I posted a question on another thread this morning about the Jag Autoglym paint protection product which they are trying to sell me. Was wondering if the paint protection prevents this issue from materialising in the first place.

Flub!

#6 ·
IMHO the Autoglym paint protection is vastly over priced for what u get. Better off spending the money on a ceramic coating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.