Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

ICTP Patch '3'

361K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  corriescar66 
#1 ·
Confirmation in writing from my dealer just now that they have the "comprehensive" update for ICTP and it's going into my car from Monday so will report back!

#27 ·
It's so difficult Paul .. and it's really driving beginning to drive me nuts.

I came from an Evoque Dynamic (4+ years) and I had two extended test drives in an identical spec FP to the one I bought (3.0ds 22" wheels) and my lasting memory was how well it rode on 22s over poor surfaces. It felt just like my Evoque in ride quality (and obviously superior in handling/perfomance).

Wind the clock forward 4 months and my own car arrives and I am immediately struck by how uncomfortable it feels particularly at low speeds and on urban roads (superb however on fast twisty A roads) and then I read others (only a few) having similar issues so I know I'm not alone.

My dealer comes up with a plan. Borrow the old demonstrator for the weekend and try them back-to-back. Genius I think. However when I finally get around to organising that, they've sold it! They have all their new demonstrators in, so I borrow one of those instead. The results are inconclusive. It was better than mine, but still not great. Now today I have a Disco Sport that rides so much better. I'm talking about normal urban driving. Standard 30mph stuff. My FP jiggles and wobbles about at the rear and crashes over potholes at the front. If you put it in Dynamic to harden the suspension it breaks your back over speed-humps so that's not an option.

So, did I imagine the ride was superb in the first two demonstrators? I don't think so but now I can't prove it. Let's see what the suspension update brings.

#28 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Well I've had an illuminating morning with the service department!

So - to provide a little clarity on the subject! The term Patch 2, Patch 3 etc does not apply to any fix going on to a customers car :shock: . It's a JLR service department internal download for their own diagnostics hardware. Now it can and does include some updates for customer vehicles. Patch 3 (that arrived with dealers last week) contains updates for the F-pace for various bits and pieces including parking sensors and some ICTP updates. We went through my list of now 19 items to be fixed and they reckon only 4 or 5 had updates as part of 'Patch 3' :( :( :(

There is, as we all know, a long awaited major update coming. It's not just an ICTP update. It's a complete new system build. It contains (as well as a big ICTP update) fixes for a number of other issues, including suspension ( :D :D ) boy I will be glad if it fixes my wobbly back end ;)

It's a 7 hour update per vehicle. That's pretty major! My dealer is saying it's still another week away, and they want to apply it to a few of their own cars first before it goes on a customer car. So I am without my FP for at least two weeks, but then I was prepared for that.

In the meantime I have a Discovery Sport HSE Lux. I have to say it's rather nice. The 2.0d ingenium engine in this is much smoother and quieter than it was in the previous loan XF they gave me (go figure) and it rides beautifully compared to my F-Pace ... so let's hope the suspension fix for my car sorts it out. It can't be right that a Land Rover is more composed and comfortable than a Jaguar .. surely not :eek:
Strange that your dealer claims its a week away when I saw mine on Saturday and they have it and applying it to my car this Friday, is your dealer not Harwoods at Crawley?

#31 ·
How interesting JLR5, I think that proves the theory that a little information is a dangerous thing, the joys of the internet.

I really hope they can solve your issues with its long stay at the dealership, do let us know more when you know more

Cheers
Piers

#32 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Harwoods Croydon .. they say they should have it this week - but won't apply it to customers cars until it's been tested. Hence next week.
Intresteting, same group as mine but mines having the work and updating done this Friday, very strange how same group has different views between its locations.

They told me they had the update on Friday.

#33 ·
There is a worrying few things popping up on TOPix at the moment - inlcuding "possible B pillar water leak" !!!

On my list of "unauthorised features" my dealer suggested around 90% were covered by the updates... it really seems like information is spat out by a random sentence generator!! Maybe we should compile / aggregate issues then when you go to collect your car, take a print out and a clipboard and do a PDI on everything!

Link to JLR's online customer service department : http://tinyurl.com/8ss2jgg

#34 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Harwoods Croydon .. they say they should have it this week - but won't apply it to customers cars until it's been tested. Hence next week.
Intresteting, same group as mine but mines having the work and updating done this Friday, very strange how same group has different views between its locations.

So are you sure they are taking about the big "7 hour update"? Or are they talking about the other updates contained in their Patch 3 of last week?

Would be good if you could clarify. For clarity the "big 7" update contains stuff for suspension among other things.

I sat with the service manager for an hour this morning so would be surprised if I was given bum info.

#35 ·
I was due to collect my car on Wednesday this week. Dealer rang me at the weekend to say that Jaguar will not allow him to release the car to me until the update (not sure which one) is applied. He said it would take a few hours to apply and that he was "hoping" to get the update this week.
So now I'm in no mans land with no idea when I will get the car.
Disappointed.
However, if I get a good car with no problems, its worth the wait. BUT that's a big IF.

#36 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:

So are you sure they are taking about the big "7 hour update"? Or are they talking about the other updates contained in their Patch 3 of last week?

Would be good if you could clarify. For clarity the "big 7" update contains stuff for suspension among other things.

I sat with the service manager for an hour this morning so would be surprised if I was given bum info.
They are picking up my car early Friday as they said the update will take 6 to 7 hours to do so I would say it's the same update.

#38 ·
Upgrade target date April 2017 wait and see!!

#42 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Yup that sounds like the one! Well Harwoods Croydon hadn't received it as of this morning. So I agree that's odd.
I have just e-mailed the service manager to confirm in writing this is the update they are doing so will let you know as soon as i get it in writing, then you can question your end.

Would seem strange how the same dealership would have different information between branches.

#43 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Yup that sounds like the one! Well Harwoods Croydon hadn't received it as of this morning. So I agree that's odd.
Just had the call from the Service manager who has delayed me a week so the other Harwoods dealer must have more or better information.

#45 ·
Waynem said:
Sounds like they're giving you the run a round :shock:
Next time he rings :shock: tell him your going to knock him out :eek: politely :? :lol:
Then ring him back and say you might delay it a week :lol:
There is also recalls on the cars to let you know.

They are recalling cars to check front suspension and coolant level leaks, was going to take car in on Friday still and do these checks and minor ITCP updates but told them to do it all the following week.

#46 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Just had the call from the Service manager who has delayed me a week so the other Harwoods dealer must have more or better information.
Damn. Wish I'd been wrong. Anyway will keep you informed as I get more info. For now I'm very happy in the Disco Sport. Shame they didn't do this with a V6 diesel I would have given it serious consideration.

#48 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Damn. Wish I'd been wrong. Anyway will keep you informed as I get more info. For now I'm very happy in the Disco Sport. Shame they didn't do this with a V6 diesel I would have given it serious consideration.
No worries, i will also let you know if anything changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.