Jaguar’s immune from depreciation!!!

The place to discuss everything else..
Habxxx

Jaguar’s immune from depreciation!!!

Post by Habxxx » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Has anyone else noticed that main dealer used Jaguar’s seem to be immune from depreciation!

There are a number of cars I was looking at 4 months ago that remarkably have not decreased In price a penny since the lockdown started. One of them was an F Type 400 Sport convertible up for £45k in January and the same price today.

When I pointed this out to one of the dealers his response was pretty pathetic along the lines of “we have been monitoring our pricing with the market blah blah blah”! and “being a convertible it will have gone up in value as the summer is here”!

When they set the prices across the brand they can do what they want.

How many of our cars that they will take as part ex will get the same price now as they would have 4 months ago?

Be interested in other people’s experiences as I believe there is serious market manipulation going on and anyone buying a main dealer used car is likely to get seriously burnt unless the can negotiate a heavy discount,

Just saying.

Smitten

Re: Jaguar’s immune from depreciation!!!

Post by Smitten » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Supply and demand drives the price surely? You would expect demand to be falling for cars with unemployment rising and worries about the economy.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Habxxx

Post by Habxxx » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Totally agree Smitten, that’s why it is hard to believe their prices haven’t gone down at all.

I guess they are trying it on.

Bloody annoying knowing that they will be the first to mark our cars down in value. You can almost hear them say “sorry sir your car has fallen in value due to the current market conditions!”

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 pm

I have been watching vehicle prices over this period and they are frozen with the dealerships shut down.
Give it another month and the prices will drop.
Try “we buy any car” Webb site the prices have crashed.
The Dealerships that are still in business after this will be desperate to move cars so hang off if you are looking to buy.
MY17. F-Pace 3.0d S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:31 am

Don’t believe it, there will be plenty of deals done to shift cars in stock when part exchanges start coming in, it should settle down in 6 months as the trade auctions get going.
IPace SVR performance without the noise
Gone FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter
XKR Convertible
E type 4.2 restored it from a wreck, noisy, smelly, uncomfortable —- and wonderful, reliable too!.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 am

A salesman will say what they want you to hear, its the summer, high demand ect ect all a load of rubbish.

Cars go down in value we all know that and with the current situation even more so.

All dealer have a large margin and expect some sort of reduction on the price so if your heart is set on a car trying talking to them and say you have looked at the market place and seen the same car for this amount but you want to stay loyal to a dealer close to home, if they want the deal they will do it as long as its sensible.

Plus many dealers are laying off staff so a car sale at this time of the year is a welcome bonus.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6