Sales figures - September + Solihull shutdown Oct

The place to discuss everything else..
June16

Sales figures - September + Solihull shutdown Oct

Post by June16 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Seems more shut downs too
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45785229

Solilhull is JLR's biggest single factory, making the firm's best-selling Range Rovers and Jaguar F-Pace cars. Around 9,000 people work across the 300-acre site. The shut-down will start on Monday, October 22.

94EB90EC-22C7-45E8-872E-87985FF11CCA.jpeg

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jagfpacejk

Re: Sales figures - September + Solihull shutdown Oct

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Must say it’s getting boring to read these issues are caused by Brexit.

Some of the issues are JLR issues and have nothing to do with Brexit.

Hopefully things will pick up for those workers as the last you want to read in a few months is people losing there jobs.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 pm
Must say it’s getting boring to read these issues are caused by Brexit.

Some of the issues are JLR issues and have nothing to do with Brexit.

Hopefully things will pick up for those workers as the last you want to read in a few months is people losing there jobs.
True
In the Birmingham Mail....too many cars in deakersvstock is the issue...

DHL Statement to workers.

JLR have just carrried out a brief to all their staff, and subsequently advised DHL, that they have experienced poor sales during September. This has resulted in 25,000 cars being held at sales centres waiting to be sold. This ties up cash in their business and while production continues this position gets worse. JLR have therefore taken the decision to freeze production at Solihul for a period of 2 weeks from Monday 22nd October to Sunday 4th November 2018.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:14 pm

It will be interesting to see what difference the opening of the Slovakian plant in September makes to numbers employed in UK. I can see a lot of JLR manufacturing going to lower cost based countries and environments!

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Well with the authorisation from the EU !, Slovakia has paid JLR £125 million to take these jobs.
Highest amount that can be authorised as a state payment. !

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-6023_en.htm

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:55 am

It's systemic. TATA raped our steel industry, despite what is portrayed in the press, emptied the workers pension funds and the UK Gov stays quite, presumably as they are worried about JLR

What have the Romans ever done for us us? Not really relevant, but the EU is. Just some of the 'redistribution of wealth' west to east, promoted and assisted by the EU:

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs.
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, brought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.

I have no wish to get into the politics of this, but I wonder how many UK companies bought French or German companies with a nice EU grant.....?
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am

To steer this thread back on-topic, it's fair to say that despite the sharp downturn in sales figures generally (and evidenced across the board in the car manufacturing industry), it's worth just emphasising that the F-Pace continues to sell and has clearly saved the Jaguar side of JLR's business . . . 43,892 sales (YTD) making it easily still the best selling Jaguar in the range . . . personally I'm rather proud to be driving around in what is still a fantastic success story and a great looking car too!
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am

I am sure the F-pace sales will take a hit also due to the E-pace launch as there sales are nearly the same as the F-pace this month.

I also wonder if Jaguar have now been put off making a bigger version of the F-pace that was rumoured and talked about for a long time but has gone quiet as not heard much on that project for some time.

Wanted to rival Audi and BMW with a Small, Mid Size and Large SUV.

Also starting to see a lot more SUV's being made by other companies so the choice is also getting larger meaning competition is getting stronger.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

It must have taken corriescar66 some time to gather all that data, we can add that most companies left in the UK are overseas owned, there are exceptions but not many.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am
I am sure the F-pace sales will take a hit also due to the E-pace launch as there sales are nearly the same as the F-pace this month.

I also wonder if Jaguar have now been put off making a bigger version of the F-pace that was rumoured and talked about for a long time but has gone quiet as not heard much on that project for some time.

Wanted to rival Audi and BMW with a Small, Mid Size and Large SUV.

Also starting to see a lot more SUV's being made by other companies so the choice is also getting larger meaning competition is getting stronger.

Not to mention the Velar, not that it's an everyday sight in this area. The FPace is very numerous, probably not surprising a lot will have been supplied to " Friends and Family", they seem to be very popular to female drivers, which is probably a first for Jaguar and most have a "S" badge

Despite its teething troubles a success indeed.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”