Urgent advice please

The place to discuss everything else..
lisa71

Urgent advice please

Post by lisa71 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:39 pm

My daughter ordered a new Ford Fiesta in July, she has just had a call from the dealers saying she needs to pay in full for the car before the end of sept and car will be ready for collection mid October.

They said this is due to car increasing in price next month. Surely not our problem.

I have spoken to dealer and said we will not be paying for the car until we collect it. He said he needs to talk to manager.

Just wanted to know legally where we stand before I kick off with them tomorrow

I’m not a happy bunny.

Thanks in advance
2.0d Portfolio AWD, Ammo Grey, Oyster interior - This car is the nuts :shock:

mik

Re: Urgent advice please

Post by mik » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:05 pm

I am not a lawyer, but it sounds like BS in order to meet Sept sales targets? :? If you have agreed on a price (in writing?), then you have agreed on a price.

I might be tempted to pay in full in advance for.... maybe another £250 discount? :D
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

lisa71

Post by lisa71 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I was wondering if it was all to do with sales figures, I’m guessing they saw her age 23 and thought she wouldn’t know any different.

He was prattling on about subsidising fuel and tax and his figures to which I said that none of that benefits me.

DPE

Post by DPE » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 pm

The price is agreed when you put down the deposit. The monies due and terms of payment will be detailed in your Agreement documents. I have never paid for a car until it is ready. Then cleared funds have to be paid over before collection.
Sounds more like a dealer wanting to hit his 3rd quarter bonus on sales of cars. If so, it is not professional at all. Just adding pressure and stress
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Hcblue

Post by Hcblue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 am

And of course the risk you run is that if the dealer goes belly up in the meantime you could have a big job getting your hands on the car from the administrators. Just look at the House of Fraser mess at the moment.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am

It's a charlatan's trick to try this on with you and your daughter, if this is a Ford main dealership then they should be ashamed of such tactics.

You do not have to pay any final balance until the car is ready to be handed over to you. As Hcblue says, imagine if you did pay everything up-front and then the dealer went bust before they delivered your car, you'd never see your money again!

I was also very surprised to read that it takes about as long to order a new Fiesta as it does to order a Jaguar . . from July to mid October? :?
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

lisa71

Post by lisa71 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks catwomen, it’s all very stressful. I am so mad that I struggled to sleep last night. Taking advantage of a young women doesn’t sit well with me.

The length of time was purely because she wanted extras

craig999

Post by craig999 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:36 am

Not the way you would expect a main dealer too behave and there is no way I would pay till collection day as said if any thing happened to the dealer ship your poor daughter would be in a nightmare situation.
Recently the main dealer my wife buys her cars from (abarth) went under and the money she paid for her service plan was lost as it turned out the plan was ran by the dealer and not the abarth network although this was only a few hundred pounds still been such a hassle trying to recover money from administrators but if it was thousands it would be a nightmare especially for a younger person.
3.0L Diesel S

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:09 am

The payment terms will be on the signed order. Other than the deposit which presumably has been paid the balance isn’t due until delivery.

lisa71

Post by lisa71 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:21 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys, finally sorted. I have told them I will not be paying until collection and if they are not happy I will cancel order. Guess what, that seems to be okay now. Certainly wouldn’t use them again.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”