New cars!

The place to discuss everything else..
Jags cat

New cars!

Post by Jags cat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:55 am

Hi all whilst in the dealers yesterday, I got talking to the salesmen who where wondering when I was going to trade in the old girl ( JA65CAT) not the wife 😂😂.

I explained how I feel about the brand as a whole at the moment, and certain points that I felt relevant to our conversation. I also inquired about current sales targets and was told that many deals could be done at the moment in order to generate more business, as they had just spent approx £18 million on new huge new jag /Range Rover site and building which has yet to open, due to delays by BT and flooding of site facilities!!

I pointed out that I will be changing car within a year and possibly also Mrs JC autobiography RR just after. He told me that the new J PACE would be revealed by the end of the year probably, but that the new XJ would be release / shown first at its 50 year anniversary?

I told him of my concerns about JLR’s recent pricing strategy and that I would probably be looking elsewhere for better value, As an example ,... I pointed out 2 of the 6 cars in the showroom E-PACE ( Dynamic) F -PACE (portfolio) BRG if you want one of the last in that colour btw!! I a pointed out that the smaller was more money to purchase,... more to tax,.. and more to run given they both had the 2 litr diesel auto installed. Again why would you pay more for less I asked. “ We don’t make up the prices” he replies,... NO !! but you are the ones trying to sell this principal to people like me !

To be fair he conceded my point even after he tried his best to show package prices etc. He also my be correct ( to a degree) that all manufactures are having issues with quality or reliability, however that should be how you judge your performance! ,.. that is down to how you deal with customers, and if you really are keen to retain their custom and support of your business also is what makes a profitable partnership in my experience.

On a separate note,..the service of my vehicle by the staff was first rate,keeping me updated with progress and when my vehicle would be ready during my wait at the dealership. So an acknowledgment of good service should be respected also even when it is expected.

3mm of tread left on Fronts after 3 rotations of tyres ( front / back) so will get a few more miles out before changing them, rears are at 5mm so will probably last until Jagscat get replaced,.... but with what? remains the question still!

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Gato Grande

Re: New cars!

Post by Gato Grande » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Hello JC

Agree on the pricing of EP v FP I can’t get my head round how a smaller car and not as good looking (IMHO) is more to buy and run,

What to buy next, I’d still have the FP, all the German rivals are ‘popular’ (loads of them.....) maybe a bit better build or reliability, But, the FP still looks a damm site more classy and drive so well.

Other choice, Lamborghini Urus, ......(if I could....)
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, inc sliding roof, Ammo grey, now 2 1/2 years old, they’re becoming ‘popular’ and, still looks lush.......👍😘

Was great as a wedding car

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Is the new JPace a hybrid FPace??

Edit forget that question ...just found the answer
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... he-cayenne
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Gato, Thank you ... I was beginning to think no one was taking any notice of this grumpy old git🤣🤣🤣, I do still love the the look of the F pace. The Stelvio is very smart too but just can’t stand that non symmetry front plate., and the German lot just don’t float my eye at all !!

Levante is a bit too much ££!,...and only a 3 litre. Knowing my luck if I had to choose another F pace the original / unavailable FE colour ( caesium blue) would be withdrawn 2 days before I went to order🤣🤣🤣.

I did in fact also raise this point with the salesman that if they extended the SVO paint division to make customers cars more individual,..like Audi.. at a reasonable cost say £1500, and also give buyers the option of light Windsor trim in sport models,... at this point I think he interrupted and said “we do that trim now E-pace dynamic “ because of demand!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️, great wrong model again!!

I also suggested that the beautiful embossed leaper would look nice on all the headrests like Bentley do.
The point is that these are relatively easy solutions to make YOUR car more individual to you,... and if you give the customer exactly what they want,..... they are more inclined to return to do more business,... or common sense I believe is the term used!!

I will just keep opening my Auto Express every Wednesday in the hope that I see something that sparks my soul like the CX 17 did a number of years ago,....oh hum!! Mustn’t grumble .

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”