Personalised Number Plates

The place to discuss everything else..
JOCK55

Personalised Number Plates

Post by JOCK55 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:39 pm

My query is for those with experience of these things! I have an F-Pace on order. In celebration, my wife has bought me a personalised number! Despite reading the DVLA website on this topic, I am none the wiser. The thing is, am I better off having the dealer first register the car with a regular number and then transferring my number onto the vehicle, or, give the dealership my Certificate of Entitlement and getting them to register the car with the personalised number in the first place? :?

Any advice welcome!

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Sevenoaksbull

Re: Personalised Number Plates

Post by Sevenoaksbull » Wed May 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Get them to register it on your plate, they should know how to do this.
F Pace 3.0D V6 300PS Portfolio BRG/latte

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:44 pm

But what number goes on the car when I sell it? The number is personalised to me, not the vehicle.

Sorry for being a bit thick, old and doddled!

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 pm

The DVLA will issue an age relevant number.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks for the swift replies, folks. You guys type faster than I can read!!!

Jock

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Wed May 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Congrats on the car and plate ... Can see you have the answer now on your question but to capitalise on this post just a reminder to anyone out there that I still have my old private plate for sale

FP11 JAG

If anyone interested, then let me know :)
REPLACED FP11 JAG - 3.0 D First Edition (Ultimate Black), with Audi S5 Coupe & Volvo XC40 (First Edition)

jagman2017

Post by jagman2017 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Yes get them to register it on your plate they will also have the number plates made and fitted on for you
When you remove your plate DVLA will issue a new number plate with the correct year/ age on it
For your vehicle
So saves a little time and hassle that way too
2.0 Petrol R sport caesium Blue 22” Black wheels Black pack, puddle lights, 380 ict pro pack, ambient lighting, seats oyster & lime stitching,privacy glass.panoramic roof,glasses holder,10 way electric seats, xenon lights, sliding cup holder cover

Hcblue

Post by Hcblue » Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Or you could be really cheeky like I was. Ask them to register it on a normal plate and make you a set of personalised plates to add later. Then you can spend a few weeks with a “new” car and then swap the plates. And then when you remove them to sell the car later on you’ve got a ready made set of plates to swap back

MrPix

Post by MrPix » Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 pm

Hcblue wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm
Or you could be really cheeky like I was. Ask them to register it on a normal plate and make you a set of personalised plates to add later. Then you can spend a few weeks with a “new” car and then swap the plates. And then when you remove them to sell the car later on you’ve got a ready made set of plates to swap back
haha, that's exactly what I did :)
Jan '18 F-Pace S Supercharged V6, Santorini Black, Pimento/Ebony/Jet, Black Pack, 20" Black Venom/ 18" 15 spoke, Privacy Glass, ICTP, LED headlights, configurable moods, cooled gloves, heated wheel & supported lumbar.

frogmill0

Post by frogmill0 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:44 am

jagman2017 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:23 pm
Yes get them to register it on your plate they will also have the number plates made and fitted on for you
When you remove your plate DVLA will issue a new number plate with the correct year/ age on it
For your vehicle
So saves a little time and hassle that way too
It can be a fiddly process and, if they're prepared to do it, it's easier to leave it to the dealership (my last one wouldn't) but you need to keep on top of them to make sure that the paperwork isn't left sitting on someone's desk.

Incidentally, my experience has always been that the DVLA revert the 'old' car to its original reg. no.
3.0d 'S' in Rhodium Silver. ICTPro, 825w Meridian, Cold Climate pack, 14 way memory seats, pan roof.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”