"Smackdown to gasoline cars" . . .

The place to discuss everything else..
catwoman

"Smackdown to gasoline cars" . . .

Post by catwoman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Tesla launch their new Semi electric truck . . and surprise everyone with a new Roadster too!
. . . and it's a snip at around £150k . . . but 0-60 in under 2 seconds!!! :o

Details on the BBC News website . . http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42021713

and The Guardian online . . https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -musk-fast
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Deltasierra

Re: "Smackdown to gasoline" . . .

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Battery electric long distance trucks is a big ask, let's get electric buses and light commercials on our streets first, they are available now but I don't see a big move from diesel yet. It may be technically possible but Tesla's customers today are not the hard nosed transport managers that run logistics, there is no sentiment or emotion just £&p.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Gdank

Re: "Smackdown to gasoline" . . .

Post by Gdank » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm loving that roadster .... 0-60 in 1.9 seconds! That's insane!

To be honest, that must be perfect conditions of tyre, road, temperature, etc... because below 2.3 seconds is extremely hard due to the physics or applying the power through the tyre and road, over a very small surface area.

I also think it looks good too ... and I'm not a major fan of Tesla's - I generally "like" them but not love them. hmm I wonder if it will be sub £100k? (wishful thinking!)
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

jstitch

Re: "Smackdown to gasoline cars" . . .

Post by jstitch » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 pm

No doubt this is a halo model - but in reality, super or hyper cars for all the excess are not really an environmental problem - very few off them and very few miles travelled in them.

Mr Musk would be better off putting his finances and energy into developing an affordable car - the Tesla 3 isn't going to cut it.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 pm

jstitch wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 pm
No doubt this is a halo model - but in reality, super or hyper cars for all the excess are not really an environmental problem - very few off them and very few miles travelled in them.

Mr Musk would be better off putting his finances and energy into developing an affordable car - the Tesla 3 isn't going to cut it.
And they are well behind on there numbers made of the Tesla 3
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Birthwaite

Post by Birthwaite » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Don't drink your coffee when leaving the traffic lights :)
Very happy F-Pace user ..... 3l S diesel. Ammonite - 22" wheels - mood lighting - 14 way memory seats - pano roof - LED headlights - electric tow bar - ICTP - boot release - etc.

luminated

Post by luminated » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:15 pm

The whole electrical grid with need a MAJOR overhaul before electric car can get a proper foothold in the market.
F-Pace 3.0dS Glacier White, Black leather, Black Pack, 22" Double Helix Black, InControl Touch Pro 825w, Cold Cilmate Pack, 10 way with memory, AdSR, Space Saver Wheel & Lane assist.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ;)

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”