Most reliable / least reliable cars and manufacturers.

The place to discuss everything else..
F-Pace S

Re: Most reliable / least reliable cars and manufacturers.

Post by F-Pace S » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:50 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:54 pm
F-Pace S wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:16 pm
I always wonder where the results of these surveys come from?

5,000 miles in 2 F-Pace's - a multitude of issues on both of them
120,000 miles across 3x 5series BMW's since 2009, and apart from one climate issue, and a door handle lacquer peeling, both on one car, no other issues at all, hence going straight back for my third without hesitation, and this one is bloody fast too :lol: :lol:
If I had voted I would have had 127 issues with my two cars alone.

I have never had any other make of car with issues like the Jaguar in fact I could add all the faults with the over 50 cars I have owned that would not add up to the issues I had with the two Fpaces and I have owned cars from Ford, Renault, Audi, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Kia, Citroen, Vauxhall, Lexus, Fiat, Honda, Lancia, Range Rover, Mazda, Nissan, Peugeot, Saab and Volvo.
I didn't want to go that far, but honestly I am the same! I have owned Lotus's, 4 in fact since 1995 and they have given me less trouble than my 2 Jag's in 3 months/5,000 miles, and they were both brand new. Renault, Vauxhall, Ford, Mini ( both old and new) all been significantly better.

That said, someone on here bought one of my old FP's so I wonder is he is enjoying the fault free Jag!
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:36 am

All I can say is that it was very nice of you folks to test the beta versions and get all the faults sorted before we picked up our Alpha models. Cheers guys!!
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:36 am
All I can say is that it was very nice of you folks to test the beta versions and get all the faults sorted before we picked up our Alpha models. Cheers guys!!
This is possible with the two I had, early cars are normally used as test cars but the levels of faults on mine were beyond this and if they were resolved quickly without hassle I would 100% still have one.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

luminated

Post by luminated » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:18 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:13 pm
I've had 3 BMWs (525, 330, M3)
I've had 2 Mercedes (SLK, SL)
I've had 4 Audis (80E convertible, original TT, A4 convertible, new TT roadster)
I've had 6 JLR cars (original RRS, new RRS, XKR, Evoque, FP1 and FP2)
.... and now I drive another Audi.

I can honestly say that all of the above cars excluding the F Paces experienced very similar minor niggles. None were fault free and none had anything seriously wrong with them. All have been a pleasure to own, but I've enjoyed the JLR cars more than the others.

It's a shame the F Pace has had a rough start in life, but it looks like it's settled down now.
The list of cars I've owned is too much to put on here but of the luxury brands

I've had 4 BMWs (X1, X5, 523, M3)
I've had 9 Audis (TT225, A3, S4v8, S5v8, Q7, S4v6 Avant, A6, TTS)
I've had 4 JLR cars (XF Portfolio 3.0dS, 2xRRSport New Shape, F-Pace 3.0dS)

All of my JLR cars have either been completely fault free or the issues have been very minor and sorted within either a recall or during the service. The brand that's given me the most issue has been BMW with Audi being almost as good as JLR.

Funny thing is the brother has had Merc along with Audi and BMW and he's experience is remarkably similar to mine with BMW being most problematic yet unlike me he's still a fan.
F-Pace 3.0dS Glacier White, Black leather, Black Pack, 22" Double Helix Black, InControl Touch Pro 825w, Cold Cilmate Pack, 10 way with memory, AdSR, Space Saver Wheel & Lane assist.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ;)

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Another interesting reliability survey...

https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-7/

Poor old Range Rover Sport!! :(

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 pm

The XC90 is somewhat surprising to myself.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”