The place to discuss everything else..
Mbadger77

Re: new tv

Post by Mbadger77 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:31 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 am
JAGFlubster wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:35 pm
The results are in! It ended up being a straight choice between samsung and lg. We almost went down the lg oled route just because it was a simply stunning piece of kit. Fortunately financial sense prevailed and we ended up with the Samsung UE55MU8000 over an lg model. Principally because it was in stock and the lg wasnt! We also went for the sonos sound bar as well. Even managed to set it up tonight! Now i just need to pass a degree to use it!

We liked the sony, but the operating system was a little clunky. Also chose the flat screen over the curved. Just felt it looked nicer and the fact we have a wide viewing angle..see jims physics above.

Of passing relevance to the forum is the difficulty in fitting the box in the car with three other people. Had to put the two seats down in the back to get it in!

Thanks for all your help guys and gals over the last 24 hours or so. I have to say buying a tv is excruciating. Is there any other product where you spend so much money with so little understanding of what you are really buying.

Flub!

Ps. Saw the lg with the harman karden built in sound bar. Almost a shame to switch it on. Its a thing of beauty.
Good choice! I have both Samsung and LG - each very good but giving slightly different colour warmth....

Now hop over to the other thread and find a wine to go with it! :D
I'm thinking of opening up a Fine Cheese Eating companion thread to go with the Wine.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Designer Cupcakes :D

imagesFGW0C2PR.jpg

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Wines, cheeses, televisions . . .
starting to sound a bit like an old fashioned off-licence store . . how about going the whole hog, general hardware anyone? (..."Fork 'andles")

. . getting this strange image of "MBadger's General Store" in my head...
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior

Postl

Post by Postl » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Absolutely top choice Flub, great price as well i paid more/similar to that for my 55 inch 2 years ago mate
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

Postl

Post by Postl » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Just need the Sonos sound bar now :-)
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

dpb1207

Post by dpb1207 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

If you are going for the Sonos Playbar I have to recommend the Sub woofer. My god that belts it out!

My Playbar is paired to a 75" Samsung which gives a crystal clear picture especially with Sky Q UHD (though the multi-room and wifi setup can be less reliable in my experience).
First Edition - Taken home 22/10/16

Postl

Post by Postl » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:02 pm

dpb1207 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm
If you are going for the Sonos Playbar I have to recommend the Sub woofer. My god that belts it out!

My Playbar is paired to a 75" Samsung which gives a crystal clear picture especially with Sky Q UHD (though the multi-room and wifi setup can be less reliable in my experience).
Or a couple of play ones for surround sound ? :-)

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:21 pm

Jacksoag wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:00 pm

" I managed to get the LG for just over £2k " That's a very good price for the OLED55E7N Jim - it-supplier.co.uk by any chance? I'm considering B7 or C7 - maybe even E7 at that price........

Jack, that's correct. It is due to arrive tomorrow so will be setting it up tomorrow evening and let you know how it goes. So far the service from IT-Supplier has been good, 3 emails today, first to confirm they received the order, second to confirm it has been despatched, and third to give me the delivery tracking link.

I was also considering the B7 or C7 but as the cheapest I could find them was only a few £00s less than this for the E7 it was a bit of a no-brainer. Checked them all out at the local PC World (they couldn't price match :) ) and decided that for the little(ish) extra I may as well buy the E7 and not bother with a seperate sound bar, to get a Dolby Atmos sound bar is quite a bit more. It is likely that the built in sound bar is not quite as good as good seperates but considering I and SWMBO are now both bordering on being aurally impaired it is likely to be good enough. This growing old malarkey is a right pain :o
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Jacksoag

Post by Jacksoag » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:35 pm

^^ The B7 I can get down to £1689 wich is still a few £00s less, still pondering. Thanks for the IT-Supplier info, good luck with the delivery, set up and the E7 experience!

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Jack,

With the B7 or C7 you may need a soundbar, wouldn't that make the overall cost greater if you wanted Dolby Atmos? A quick look on Amazon it looks like the soundbar would be about £700 or more, though probably better than the built in one.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”