Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

The place to discuss everything else..
Arianne

Re: Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

Post by Arianne » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Dear All,

(This is a repeat post of that placed on the Land Rover Customer Relations thread. If you’ve read that then save yourself the time and skip this post from me).

I would like to add my voice to the feedback about JLR Customer Service etc.

As some of you may well know, I have had a sad experience with my cars in 2017. First my Jaguar F-Pace was faulty and then our replacement RR Velar exhibited the same fault, albeit the impact of the fault was much less intrusive than was the case with the Jaguar.

This shouldn’t happen. But it does. I think they call it ‘Real Life’. What matters is what the manufacturer and the dealer do when it all starts to go wrong.

Now I would like to tell you that the performance of both JLR and the dealer was faultless at every step of the process. But it wasn’t like that. There were a few points along the way at which things were gritty, flaky and frustrating. But I have to say that, overall, both JLR and my dealer exceeded expectations. Life isn’t a fairytale, people have businesses to run and there’s the usual dollop of corporate bureaucracy to navigate.

Compared to my previous experience with Edinburgh Audi (Lookers) and Audi UK Customer Services, JLRCRC and Lloyd Kelso Land Rover are in the premier league.

Amelia at JLR has managed my case throughout. She has called me, sent emails and delivered what I expected. Perfect? No. Some calls were not returned very quickly, I am on first name terms with Amelia’s answerphone but ultimately she delivered. And that’s one hell of a job that she has (best of luck Stacie, whoever you are!).

My Business Manager at Lloyd Group has also delivered. Perfect? No. We had some disagreements along the way but, when it came to the important stuff, she went the extra mile - calling me on her personal mobile while on a day’s leave at crucial moments, letting the dealership do the heavy lifting and sometimes taking the financial hit. For them it was personal and not just about cars.

In 2017, during this unhappy affair, JLR & Lloyd Kelso always kept us mobile with quality cars - Jaguar XJ V6, Velar HSE, Velar S D240 and Jaguar F-Pace V6 to name a few of the nine cars we have had. They even let us take their XJ to France, Chamonix for a two week holiday in the Summer. They have offered various degrees of other compensation too and in various forms. In essence, it could have been better handled but importantly, they both delivered and I haven’t known any other car company to stick with it rather than look for an exit strategy.

The driveshaft bracket is the fault. The same as the fault on the Jaguar F-Pace. They have a component which has been redesigned and, once it has received approval for fitting Velar, my issue will be gone. They have tested it on the Velar and it works (so they say). It is already being fitted as a Jaguar component to the F-Pace cars that are affected.

The great dilemma for us is that there is simply no other car we wanted. We dabbled briefly with a rejection and placing an order for the new Porsche Cayenne. But it’s not popular with Mrs A and, to get the specification right, the bank account would be taking an even bigger hit. So the Velar is what we want and ours is well built and pretty!

Tonight, after four weeks, our Velar (Holly) will be back on our drive. And I am glad about that, we all are. We came very, very close to rejection. I am now satisfied that this is the car we want, it’s the best it will be in the real-world and now we plan to get on and enjoy it all.

Amelia & Co: you ain’t perfect but thanks for all you have done. I appreciate it.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:39 pm

I am impressed by your patience Arianne. I am having dealings with Amellia again as my replacement F pace delivered on March 1st developed a bad drive line vibration after 7000 miles and I have put up with it for another 3000 miles and it gets worse. Jaguar engineering have had the EPQR report from the dealer on my car and they test drove another F Pace with 12000 miles on the clock with exactly the same vibration as mine.Jaguar want more testing but I want rid of the car as my confidence in the F Pace brand has been dented so I am negotiating to have an XF AWD Sportbrake or if JLR do not play ball I will consider another make. My Daughters Velar is vibration free,quiet and a pleasure to drive so why can't JLR get the F Pace the same.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Hello Arianne

After all this time and you still haven’t had the part fitted yet?

I was also told back in August when I rejected mine that the redesigned part had 100% success rate, I guess that’s dropped below par now it’s been installed to mine.

The main thing is that you get the outcome you want and I’m pleased to say that JLR came through for me too after a rollercoaster ride.

I am pleased with the outcome I’ve recieved and I’ve maintee a good relationship with my dealer despite the noise still being apparent.

I’m finally starting to enjoy my FPace now and I hope Holly turns out to be everything you expected.

Best wishes
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:49 pm

The part exists and they have tried it on a stock Velar at the factory but the bracket has Jaguar stamped on it. It needs approval for the Velar before it can be released to my dealer and our car.

If there had been any other car that we fancied then we would have rejected the Velar before now. But there isn't (except for the F-Pace which was a nice car too but our one had even more build issues. Things have improved since then for F-Pace owners).

Anyhow, we are are enjoying our Velar again. The big trip to Austria looks in a few weeks.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Good news.
I’m still enjoying the FPace but been looking at a few Merc options for the future. Headed to Mercedes World and eyed up a few AMG SUVs and estates.
Saw a Velar in Black the other day and lots to remind me of the FPace from the rear at first glance.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 am

I sat in a Velar at my dealers on Friday and there was a familiar feel to the interior. Find the door handels sticking out very strange too!

The new disco quite takes my next fancy as a family SUV for me it only has 2 flaws. The rear number plate design and analog dials on the dash.

Glad your smiling again, after all that’s the main thing when it comes to cars like these, it’s not just a mater or getting from A to B

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Word is that the rear door is up for a re design following the complaints about the position of the numberplate.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 am

I asked my dealer to comment on it and their reply was:

“ it will make sense in time”

I replied, so it’s getting a new rear design?

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”