Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

The place to discuss everything else..
JLRnumber5

Re: Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Not at all surprised by your decision Mr A which seems to be made with the right mix of head and heart. Hoping you have a swift resolution as my Velar purchase is definitely on hold pending your outcome.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 pm

^^Agreed
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 pm

I am really fed up now with the way my replacement FPace has developed a drive line vibration with exactly the same symptoms as my rejected one had from new. I have an appointment with my dealer business manager next week to try and work out a deal so that I can go back to a new XF Sportbrake and get rid of my 9000 mile F Pace without any cost to me. It has been suggested that the Ingenium engine and ZF 8 speed box are not compatable and the vibration from the engine is transmitted through the car particularly in high gear which is exactly what mine is now doing. As the miles are piled on wear on the rubber bushes and drive shafts bearings develops and causes the problem my 2 and many other F Paces have. I fear for my Daughter who took delivery of her 2.0 D 240 Velar R Dynamic last week as the transmission set up is the same as the F Pace but the Velar is much heavier and will probably bring the problem on a lot earlier.
2 Rejected F Paces behind me and now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Hydrajaws wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 pm
I am really fed up now with the way my replacement FPace has developed a drive line vibration with exactly the same symptoms as my rejected one had from new. I have an appointment with my dealer business manager next week to try and work out a deal so that I can go back to a new XF Sportbrake and get rid of my 9000 mile F Pace without any cost to me. It has been suggested that the Ingenium engine and ZF 8 speed box are not compatable and the vibration from the engine is transmitted through the car particularly in high gear which is exactly what mine is now doing. As the miles are piled on wear on the rubber bushes and drive shafts bearings develops and causes the problem my 2 and many other F Paces have. I fear for my Daughter who took delivery of her 2.0 D 240 Velar R Dynamic last week as the transmission set up is the same as the F Pace but the Velar is much heavier and will probably bring the problem on a lot earlier.
OH dear, fingers crossed for you but I think you may lose some usage costs on the car if you reject it.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

David

Post by David » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm
Hydrajaws wrote:
OH dear, fingers crossed for you but I think you may lose some usage costs on the car if you reject it.
They have quoted me £0.45 per mile for the use of my car to reject.
Rejected F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, Italian Racing Red. Replaced with Caesium Blue, privacy glass, winter pack, memory pack and other bits and pieces.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:21 pm

David wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 pm
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Hydrajaws wrote:
That's a 4K lose, I would not be happy with a faulty replacement car to be losing 4K.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:21 pm
David wrote:
Jagfpacejk wrote:

That's a 4K lose, I would not be happy with a faulty replacement car to be losing 4K.
It’s a tricky one as it’s still been driven 9000 miles so has done it’s job in driving and getting there. Personally if I could get out after a year with a 4K loss it’s easy to quantify and perhaps accept. Depreciation on my car must be at least 10-15k so for the sake of a few grand I’d be happy to drop it and move on.
Depends on the perspective, person and how they value cash and usage. I think law does allow for a reasonable usage cost and that’s reasonable given duration and mileage.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:51 pm
Jagfpacejk wrote:
David wrote:

It’s a tricky one as it’s still been driven 9000 miles so has done it’s job in driving and getting there. Personally if I could get out after a year with a 4K loss it’s easy to quantify and perhaps accept. Depreciation on my car must be at least 10-15k so for the sake of a few grand I’d be happy to drop it and move on.
Depends on the perspective, person and how they value cash and usage. I think law does allow for a reasonable usage cost and that’s reasonable given duration and mileage.
That's a fair point.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:55 pm
Mbadger77 wrote:
Jagfpacejk wrote:

That's a fair point.
I guess it also depends how your feeling as if it’s been an utter nightmare, huge battles and constant garage visits you may resent paying ten quid :) I think I personally would be happy to dump and move on but can see both angles really.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 pm
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:55 pm
Mbadger77 wrote:

That's a fair point.
I guess it also depends how your feeling as if it’s been an utter nightmare, huge battles and constant garage visits you may resent paying ten quid :) I think I personally would be happy to dump and move on but can see both angles really.
That's what I did, utterly gutted as I wanted it to be so right but after months and months of constant garage visits and the issues still not being resolved and getting one promise after another from Jaguar it just got to the breaking point and tipped me over.

I waited so long for it to arrive and now it's gone it's like you feel did it ever happen.

The dealer was great.

I lost a very large amount of money I might add, similar to what David would lose so it does stick in the back of your throat a little.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”