Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

The place to discuss everything else..
Jagfpacejk

Re: Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Sorry but I think you know what the right decision to make is, reject.

I decided not to jump straight back into a JLR product and I am glad I have held off, I think they have some big issues with there product that they need to resolve before pumping more and more models onto the market, it's all rush rush rush and lets get peoples money and not worry about issues.

I have come to the decision to give it 12 to 24 months before I look at another JLR product and even then I may never go back.

Such a shame as I love the Fpace, Velar and the new Sport that due but when I am paying 65K plus I expect better.

I am sure many have no issues at all and I am glad for you but when you have had to move two Fpace on like me and have lost a large amount of money going back to a brand that's got a reputation that's growing of faulty cars just does not fill me with any confidence.

Arrianne good luck with your decision but they have not sorted the Fpace issue and it has been months so I would not personally hold out for a quick fix.

I feel you hurt my friend.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm very sorry to read this Arianne.

I do wonder for how long JLR has know about this issue on the Velar. I say this because as you know when I rejected my F Pace for the same reason I asked JLR if the Velar had the same mechanical design for the 'half shaft' and they decline to comment. When pushed the dealer suggested I waited before jumping into a Velar. Maybe they already suspected the problem might affect both cars. Who knows.

I know it's a very difficult decision but I couldnt justify holding on to a faulty product that I'd paid £70k for. I'd want my money back. I have zero regrets in doing so. I've just completed a fantastic 600 miles in 3 days. Stunning performance. 36mpg. Everything working faultlessly.

Whatever you decide I know you've agonised over the past 18 months and it really shouldn't be that hard! Wishing you all the best.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Arianne,

It may be worth finding out if the fix for the F-Pace actually works. Though it has now been out for some time I have not seen any reports of it being applied, good or bad.

If the fix does work then it is possible a similar fix will work for the Velar.

Other than this, giving JLR yet another chance may just be prolonging the agony.

Hopefully you will get a satisfactory outcome to this disappointment.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 am

Hi Arrianne, the sceptic in me would only confirm that they already knew of this design problem before launch as most of the Velar running gear is F pace. I guess maybe because you wanted it to be a success so much like the rest of us that you are prepared to wait for this fix and that they had kept you sweet by providing that beautiful loan car etc. Maybe..... because you name your cars you do feel more of an attachment to them..... where as most of us see a beautiful design with the very large price tag around it,.... that we have worked bloody hard to afford and so demand.....(quite rightly ....perfection).
IMHO I am in the camp of rejection, the company line of the first car... wash’s no sins for me, given their history of not being entirely accurate/ honest with customers. I wanted both cars to be a success for Britain, however that should not come at the loyalty and integrity of those who tried to tell them something was wrong with this design fault over a year ago on this very forum.
Consider an Audi like JLR 5, no soul.... ( the Audi !!) but reliable and you could always use their exclusive packs to make it stunning both in colour and interior trim, this maybe where Iwill be looking next year now.
My heart felt sympathy and wishes of good luck in whatever you decide, like many on here, goes out to you and your family is all I can sadly offer my friend.

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:47 am

Hi Arianne,

What a shame. Now you did mention in a previous post that you could barely hear it so it wasn't obvious at all. The question is can you get clarification of what exactly the issue is (on the F-Pace as seems they aren't willing to open up on the velar side yet) and if this in any way dangerous or likely to cause damage or weakness to any portion of the car and drive.
Knowing JLR the fix won't be weeks but you might have a 2 - 6 month wait. The original F-Pace issue reared its head long ago and I just worry about their speed of delivery where fixes and improvements are involved.

If its not dangerous then maybe you can just ignore it for a few weeks or months but there will always be that niggle there in your mind even if you don't hear it. The thought of more time in the dealer isn't great though so maybe it is a serious consideration to move on but make sure its for good reason.

There are some nice new cars or nearly new that you could feel less precious about (the simple car wash made me smile).

Let us know when you have all the info you need and if you do indeed say goodbye again. A real shame as seems you really did like this one and it was exactly what you wanted in a car.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 am

Mbadger77 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:47 am
Hi Arianne,

What a shame. Now you did mention in a previous post that you could barely hear it so it wasn't obvious at all. The question is can you get clarification of what exactly the issue is (on the F-Pace as seems they aren't willing to open up on the velar side yet) and if this in any way dangerous or likely to cause damage or weakness to any portion of the car and drive.
Knowing JLR the fix won't be weeks but you might have a 2 - 6 month wait. The original F-Pace issue reared its head long ago and I just worry about their speed of delivery where fixes and improvements are involved.

If its not dangerous then maybe you can just ignore it for a few weeks or months but there will always be that niggle there in your mind even if you don't hear it. The thought of more time in the dealer isn't great though so maybe it is a serious consideration to move on but make sure its for good reason.

There are some nice new cars or nearly new that you could feel less precious about (the simple car wash made me smile).

Let us know when you have all the info you need and if you do indeed say goodbye again. A real shame as seems you really did like this one and it was exactly what you wanted in a car.
Has the Fpace been fixed yet?

I have not read on here anyone who has had the issue fixed and it must be 12 months by now since the fault was raised, personally and this is my personal view I would not put up with the noise, I would always be listening out for it and not enjoying the car.

I was just about to put pen to paper on a velar as I loved the look and drive but I am so glad I held back.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 am
Mbadger77 wrote:
Hi Arianne,

I have not read on here anyone who has had the issue fixed and it must be 12 months by now since the fault was raised, personally and this is my personal view I would not put up with the noise, I would always be listening out for it and not enjoying the car.

I was just about to put pen to paper on a velar as I loved the look and drive but I am so glad I held back.
I believe a permanent fix for this is due out next month.....

Since Arianne rejected, just how many people have additionally reported this fault on here? 1, maybe 2 at most.

A bit of perspective is necessary. I recall the doomsayers telling all of us with 22" wheels we'll be squeaking round the block sooner rather than later.

The flood hasn't appeared, maybe a couple of drips from the tap, but no reason to build an ark just yet.

This is probably why it isn't in the press. The guy who actually shot Kennedy from a flying saucer isn't paying the press blood money to suppress this, it just isn't common enough and they ain't interested.

jstitch

Post by jstitch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm

I don't think that you are ever going to be satisfied with JLRs response - and on that basis you should go for the option of getting your money back and going and buying a boggo Skoda 4x4 estate.

I suspect that you might end up in a RR Sport now that it has the dual screen interior.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 am
Mbadger77 wrote:
Hi Arianne,

I believe a permanent fix for this is due out next month.....

Since Arianne rejected, just how many people have additionally reported this fault on here? 1, maybe 2 at most.

A bit of perspective is necessary. I recall the doomsayers telling all of us with 22" wheels we'll be squeaking round the block sooner rather than later.

The flood hasn't appeared, maybe a couple of drips from the tap, but no reason to build an ark just yet.

This is probably why it isn't in the press. The guy who actually shot Kennedy from a flying saucer isn't paying the press blood money to suppress this, it just isn't common enough and they ain't interested.
I think it's a few more than 1 or 2, JLRNumber5 alone had two with this issue as have others, it may not be in the hundreds on here but it certainly is in double figures for sure.

over 12 months for a fix that may or may not work as it has been said by JLR in the past they have a fix though is not exactly quick.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:26 pm

jstitch wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm
I don't think that you are ever going to be satisfied with JLRs response - and on that basis you should go for the option of getting your money back and going and buying a boggo Skoda 4x4 estate.

I suspect that you might end up in a RR Sport now that it has the dual screen interior.
This may be true, at least it will not have the issue of noise as the sport will continue on its original platform and not move over to the Fpace platform.

But then you may have Dual Screen issues as some Velar owners are complaining of issues with there Dual Screen.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”