Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

The place to discuss everything else..
JLRnumber5

Re: Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 pm

So Arianne. Just how did you get Mrs A up to £70k. She put the brakes on the FP as you started to nudge £60k. What have you promised??!!!!

Value is a tricky thing isn't it? My FP was £62k and it didn't seem like good value in the end. Totally understand why you are stretching it. Hope it works out for you.
Last edited by JLRnumber5 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 pm
So Arianne. Just how did you get Mrs A up to £70k. She put the brakes on the FP as you started to nudge £60k. What have you promised??!!!!
A better car for sure. :lol:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:

Value is a tricky thing isn't it? My FP was £62k and it didn't seem like good value in the end. Totally understand why you are stretching it. Hope it works out for you.
I think a few things swung in my favour...

First, Mrs A loves the Velar whereas she liked the F-Pace. Second, I have promised that all the trips to The Lakes, Isle of Skye, Austria for skiing and Italian Lakes will continue. Third, I have pumped up the AVC investment demonstrating that my long-term planning still holds good for early retirement. And fourth, she felt a bit sorry for me when my beloved F-Pace went back and Heidi was no more. Mrs A works in mysterious ways, I have long since stopped trying to second guess her! She is just amazing - period!

As for the HUD. Not for me. I tried it and didn't like it. I would need to learn to like it. And, the 18 way seats in the F-Pace were fine. But I never deploy the lumber support and the inflatable sides didn't bother me either. I have sat in the more modest 10 way seats and they are just fine in the Velar.

But that's the great thing, we all configure our cars differently. Otherwise, we wouldn't do factory orders as we would just buy off the lot.

Anyway, goodnight folks. Sleep well.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Arianne wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 pm
JLRnumber5 wrote:

I think a few things swung in my favour...

First, Mrs A loves the Velar whereas she liked the F-Pace. Second, I have promised that all the trips to The Lakes, Isle of Skye, Austria for skiing and Italian Lakes will continue. Third, I have pumped up the AVC investment demonstrating that my long-term planning still holds good for early retirement. And fourth, she felt a bit sorry for me when my beloved F-Pace went back and Heidi was no more. Mrs A works in mysterious ways, I have long since stopped trying to second guess her! She is just amazing - period!

As for the HUD. Not for me. I tried it and didn't like it. I would need to learn to like it. And, the 18 way seats in the F-Pace were fine. But I never deploy the lumber support and the inflatable sides didn't bother me either. I have sat in the more modest 10 way seats and they are just fine in the Velar.

But that's the great thing, we all configure our cars differently. Otherwise, we wouldn't do factory orders as we would just buy off the lot.

Anyway, goodnight folks. Sleep well.

Arianne
Got the 10-way seats in the Fpace and I just can not get it just right, popped my backside in the Velar demo vehicle with 20-way seats and a little adjustment and I was all comfortable unlike I have been in the Fpace.

I have the HUD in the fpace and love it, no need to keep taking my eye off the road to check speed and get directions from the Satnav.

As you say once you used to it you just want to have it again.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Coopsterdude

Post by Coopsterdude » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 am

Well I saw my first Velar on the road today - on the M1 just north of Sheffield........I can tell you it certainly turned my head, but is that because we've talked about it and it's got so much DNA in common with the F Pace so I have more interest?

Looked really well in Silver. I think the bit that surprised me the most was how different it looked to the larger RRS and it's full fat big brother. I really didn't get that feeling when I saw it in the showroom, which is probably what made me do the double take!
No longer an active member.

f-pace-pete

Post by f-pace-pete » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Have spent this week in northern Italy. On Thursday a visit to a garden was entertainingly interrupted by two Velars arriving, (pics attached), accompanied by the local Dealers RR Sport. They caused quite a bit of interest. It was good to see the UK product "flag being flown". I think they were there for a local promotion and photo shoot. They did look good but I still prefer my F-P for looks and design. Can't wait to play with my "Cat" again when I get home.

DSC05831-cmp.jpg

DSC05832-cmp.jpg

MY2018 Portfolio/2L P 25t/ Corris/Oyster/ICTP/AD/CML/ACC/ConvPack/LED HL/ElecTow/OpeningRoof/MFlaps/ScufPl.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Today I popped across to my dealer (Lloyd Kelso) to complete my own Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI).

I received a call from the dealer earlier in the week to confirm that our RR Velar had been delivered, that they had completed their own first stage dealer PDI and so now was the time for me to do what I needed to do!

I am relieved to confirm that the Velar appears to be perfect. Here are some images. I hope you enjoy taking a peek. Collection is booked for 23 September.

Best wishes,

Arianne

Air suspension set at lowest level

Air suspension set at highest level (mud ruts & wading)

Suspension at highest setting

Rear wiper tucked under tailgate roof spoiler

Motif on B-pillar

Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Hmm. Interior looks absolutely stunning. I'm still not convinced about the exterior though...
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:25 pm

That curved gloss look on exterior is something I'm liking now.
The interior looks great and a step up. When I had a LR loan however, the one thing that took a bit of getting used to was the way the screen slopes away as I always set my seat low slung and it was a stretch.

Looks very nice Arianne. Let us know how you get on and I really really hope it works for you.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:30 am

Very nice bet you can not wait to get your hands on the car.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”