Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

The place to discuss everything else..
JLRnumber5

Re: Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 pm

I absolutely love the sliding rear bench on my SQ5. You can have almost no rear leg room and big boot or limo style leg room and teeny boot. Works brilliantly. Not sure why JLR don't do the same.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 am

Zafira style :shock:

Have a nice day JLR#5

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:41 am

I will watch out for spontaneous combustion!
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 am

Arianne wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 am
Zafira style :shock:

Have a nice day JLR#5

Arianne
Was more thinking Fiat Panda Style, remember the original Fiat Panda, if you wanted to make the seat a bench you move the poles around that supported the rear seat covering to a new location. :o :D
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Arianne wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 pm
Hello Corries Dad,

That's a good merged image you have there.

I think that the seating area is a bit better in the F-Pace for the rear occupants compared to Velar. That's how they created the extra boot capacity in the Range Rover - by sacrificing a tiny bit of rear passenger leg room?

I haven't done the math or studied the drawings. Just a hunch.

Personally, I would have preferred a bit more leg room for the rear passengers even if the boot depth shrank by a few cm.

Small issues.

Best wishes,

Arianne
Hello Mr A,

Not sure quite how they've done it - hence playing with superimposition!

Having sat in a few now, the passenger side is more cramped for someone of my height - probably due to the sloping dash intruding more into the front space, making me put the seat further back- making not- so -small child say 'oi!'

It would seem odd to change the rear seat mounting points... The fronts are clearly identical and I was surprised that despite the 'change of outfit', the door line between front and back is identical on both.

When I first saw it at the local 'Velar Launch Party' I thought 'oooh, a bigger boot....' But it looks like it is an optical illusion as JLR's own figures say the F Pace load volume is bigger...

It's a very, very clever piece of design/platform engineering......

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the Land Rover family appears more and more 'in-bred' these days.... The Land Rover front used to be more distinct from Range Rover, but perhaps for the discerning US customers, they are beginning to blend them...

Regards/Woof

Corrie ;)
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:13 am
Hi Arianne.

You should consider a job as a car journo. Your report answers all the niggling questions I have as a long term JLR owner. So thanks for that. Very happy to hear the daft ZF programming in the FP isn't present.

I now don't feel compelled to test drive for myself just yet. Which is just as well as I would almost certainly have put a deposit down. Now I shall wait for the reliability reports to come in.

Thanks again!
Totally agree with this, thank you very much Arianne

What spec are you getting Arianne?

Piers
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm

^^. It's a Velar D300 S R-dynamic. Options include:

- 21" wheels
- Corris Grey with black contrast roof
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- Privacy Glass
- Light oyster headlining with light oyster leather and ebony suedecloth inserts
- Memory seats, heated front & rear
- Full extended leather upgrade
- Satin charcoal ash veneer finishers
- Heated steering wheel and electronic memory adjustment
- 825w Meridian surround sound
- Summer tyres (I can't be bothered with All Seasons as I prefer full winter tyres)
- Configuarable dynamics
- Configurable interior ambient lighting
- Interactive driver digital display
- Activity key

Played around with the possibility of starting with a base SE or even HSE. But the technology option packs that come with these versions are not the things we value and wanted to pay for. So we decided to settle on the R-dynamic S and then build the car up exactly as we wanted it.

This approach would have been expensive on a PCP as you take a hit on options through PCP. But we are buying the car not leasing or doing PCP. We set a £70k ceiling simply because we thought spending any more felt wrong on a car! Totally irrational because all of us would set a different ceiling but there you go!

This car, as with the Jaguar F-Pace before it, is a purchase from the heart. I hope we enjoy her. I can't wait to whizz down the German unrestricted autobahn over Xmas / New Year for our upcoming ski holiday in the Austrian Tyrol. An unusual sight in the outside lane sandwiched between the Mercs, BMWs, Audi and Porsche! Fresh and different.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

bensales

Post by bensales » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

I just 'built' that to have a look...

http://buildyour.landrover.com/lr2/r/su ... ab_n-300ax

Lovely car.

But no front parking sensors as standard?
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 pm

bensales wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Lovely car.

Sorry, forgot to mention them. Weirdly, they don't appear on the PDF print out but we have included them and they are in our Vista Order sheet. I have twice freaked out at this but it's been checked twice by two different guys at Lloyd Kelso and they have confirmed that the Vista sheet is correct and the parking sensors are selected in the order.

And you forgot the electrical adjusting steering column. If you do decide to order a clone, I wouldn't want you making a mistake :D

Regards,

Arianne

PS. Amelia is back. I got an email from her today as she is monitoring my order and car being built through the system. She told me she has been away which is probably why we haven't heard from her recently on the forum! I have to say that she has been absolutely great since we finalised the deal after rejecting the F-Pace.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:41 pm

bensales wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Lovely car.

Nice spec but for me, I need to have the HUD and would want 20 ways seats.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”