Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

The place to discuss everything else..
Arianne

Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

Post by Arianne » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Hello All,

Delivery scheduled for mid-September. Ordered In May after we rejected our F-Pace. JLR have been amazing, apologetic and backed this up with actions louder than words.

Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/kk9UT3xVowg

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

F-Pace S

Re: Off to give the Range Rover Velar a go...

Post by F-Pace S » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:15 pm

Well well well wish you all the best with it, what spec?
Piers
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Arianne wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:56 pm
Hello All,

Delivery scheduled for mid-September. Ordered In May after we rejected our F-Pace. JLR have been amazing, apologetic and backed this up with actions louder than words.

Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/kk9UT3xVowg

Arianne
Hello Sir!

Well you've been missed here that's for sure.

You are certainly a braver man than me but I definitely hanker after one so I shall watch from the sidelines with great interest.

I shall go hunting for you on the Velar forum ....

All the best.
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:05 am

Let us know how it goes, looking at moving back to the Range Rover brand and a Velar myself.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:04 am

I had a look round the velar when I was in the showroom yesterday, I liked all the switchgear was now digital very smart, I prefer the boot layout too I don't like the hatchback style boot of the FPace. Driving position felt very similar to the FPace too as I know they share the same platform.
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:53 pm

Arianne - great to hear from you and must admit I'm a touch surprised you've gone straight into another new model by the same brand :)
Fortune favours the bold but the FPace must have given you the bug and feel.

Wish you good luck and I'm positive this time all will be well for you. The slightly new tech may be a bit of a concern as they still haven't quite sorted the ICTP yet but what a car. Let us have a link to go and drool over your new pictures when you get out or even post up here in our off topic :)
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:11 pm

^^ will do.

After an initial shaky start, JLR Customer Services have been great - truly. We initially had a dealer supplied loan car (F-Pace 3.0d S in Corris Grey) until a few weeks after we rejected our car.

We then decided to give the Velar a go but the dealer couldn't continue giving us a loan car because of the looong lead time on delivery of the Velar. We were on the cusp of working something out between us when JLR waded in and offered us a choice of three different cars. We chose the XJ and they delivered it to my dealer together with all of the paperwork and cover for our holiday in France and Switzerland. It's ours until the Velar arrives.

It's the best car we have ever driven. It wafts along almost silently on air suspension, has cooled massage seats, a superb Meridian surround sound system and can corner really well too in sport mode. Best of all - it's free! 100% - insurance, servicing, road tax etc. We just fill her up with diesel although she easily covered Chamonix to Dover on 3/4 tank and about 1/2 tank from Dover to Melrose in the Scottish Borders, where we live.

I hope the Velar will be okay. Obviously it is, for the most part, an F-Pace wearing a Chanel dress. But it's worth one more go, especially since the care and support from JLR has been so good (the XJ just being one element of the support package). I will forgive the Velar if it has some niggles as a new model although I cannot forgive any issues which I would consider connected to fundamental reliability or safety.

If it doesn't work out (and I genuinely hope that it will), then I will get a Skoda Superb, white, no options and a bog standard VAG diesel engine. That'll be the end of my dabbling with premium cars. Or maybe a 12mth old XJ - at £38k the first year depreciation is unreal but it does make for a bargain if that's your thing?

Anyway, I will keep you informed.

Regards,

Arianne

PS. This is almost our exact specification, below - ours has the integrated rear exhaust and 21" silver wheels (because the salt up here in Scotland will kill the diamond cut wheels and I won't have a dedicated winter set this time).

Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:13 am

Great bit of customer service from JLR, not sure how you managed to get the deal you did as I am sure others will look at what they did for you and question why they never got the same.

Look forward to the Velar update, have you now joined the Velar owners club, if not get over and sign up.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:19 am

Very much looking forward to your updates Arianne. I've been close to ordering a Velar many times but decided to wait for the first reports. If I had another lemon that would be me and JLR done for good and that would be a massive shame. So I'm very happy that you're a guinea pig!

The three things (other than the ICTP and mechanicsl issues I and many others suffered) that really let the FP (V6 D) down in my eyes are:

Rough engine (compared to VAG/BMW)
Poor ride over urban surfaces (sounds like might be resolved)
Daft gearbox set-up (I know you experienced this in your brief ownership)

If these are eliminated or significantly improved in the Velar then I'm in.

All the best.

PS well done on persuading Mrs A to extend the budget!
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Very nice. Free XJ is fair enough and a nice car to waft around the continent as you say. Cooled seats for me are a must after having them in my XF but massage as well. Now your talking.

The pics you have taken are great. That Velar in that colour and wheels looks fantastic, I like the interior as well.
The only thing that stops me flat is their crazy engine pricing and offerings. How the petrol is priced as it is astounds me.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”