SQ5 Plus

The place to discuss everything else..
Mbadger77

Re: SQ5 Plus

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:49 pm

I think I’d rather take my chance with a Finnish built car over a sub continent or Mexican built, dare I say it even a Solihull built.

They did Saab and Porsche didn’t they.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Oh and the Talbot Horizon and Alpine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valmet_Automotive
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:29 am

Mbadger77 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:49 pm
I think I’d rather take my chance with a Finnish built car over a sub continent or Mexican built, dare I say it even a Solihull built.

They did Saab and Porsche didn’t they.
Too true...

My point really relates to where the model of car you're considering is actually built. Is a Mercedes built in Tuscaloosa, Alabama really going to have German build quality? Clearly not with the ML.

All the Coventry built Jaguars I have owned have been superb and far more reliable than Solihull built Range Rovers and (now) F Pace

When Mercs were only built in Stuttgart they were bulletproof, now it is pot luck

The BMW X5 & X6 is built in South Carolina, The Audi Q5 was Germany but the new ones, as mentioned are being built in Mexico.

So the only 'German' SUV of this size being made there is actually the Macan

Any new car is a risky gamble with all the new technology and legal requirements as all the owner's forums demonstrate and we can all find a fault with every manufacturer to stand on the soap box to lecture passers by with.

Personally, I prefer to choose a car that doesn't make me vomit when I see it every morning and hope that it won't fall apart in the meantime. :D
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 pm

So today I visited a dealer to find out a few basic answers on a GLC63.
None in showroom and none anywhere. No wonder I can’t find any reviews on it,(not proper ones).
Has the proper leather and the AMG interior. A bit disapointed they don’t do ventilation or cooled seats as that’s high on my list of picks but there we go, not a show stopper.
I checked out a GLC43 and the quality is a step and has a better feel which is great. Smaller boot and rather high floor compared with the FPace but also a 66 litre tank so can hold more fuel.

Doesn’t look as nice as the FPace but haven’t seen the AMG 63 yet but it’s nice enough. Seats in the AMG car I did try just felt amazing for the few mins I tried them and nice adjustment.
3-4 months lead time on orders and the good news they are built in Bremen
Didn’t really get a chance to check out the tech but not expecting it to be as good as the Jag though would hope it works !

Next visit will be to the brooklands one maybe In December / January see if they have one in.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 am

Mbadger77 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 pm
None in showroom and none anywhere. No wonder I can’t find any reviews on it,(not proper ones).
Has the proper leather and the AMG interior. A bit disapointed they don’t do ventilation or cooled seats as that’s high on my list of picks but there we go, not a show stopper.
I checked out a GLC43 and the quality is a step and has a better feel which is great. Smaller boot and rather high floor compared with the FPace but also a 66 litre tank so can hold more fuel.

Doesn’t look as nice as the FPace but haven’t seen the AMG 63 yet but it’s nice enough. Seats in the AMG car I did try just felt amazing for the few mins I tried them and nice adjustment.
Didn’t really get a chance to check out the tech but not expecting it to be as good as the Jag though would hope it works !

Next visit will be to the brooklands one maybe In December / January see if they have one in.
I am surprised you managed to find a GLC43 as I had to wait for the dealer to get one, they are very hard to get also.

The interior feel of the GLC43 is such a huge step up on the Fpace quality, the only thing I think it lacked compared to the Fpace was the digital dash, if they added this to the car like others are now doing to there ranges it will be an amazing car.

Good luck with the GLC63.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 am
Mbadger77 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 pm

I am surprised you managed to find a GLC43 as I had to wait for the dealer to get one, they are very hard to get also.

The interior feel of the GLC43 is such a huge step up on the Fpace quality, the only thing I think it lacked compared to the Fpace was the digital dash, if they added this to the car like others are now doing to there ranges it will be an amazing car.

Good luck with the GLC63.
Thanks. Haven’t gone that route yet. Still An FPace owner (well in title as still in dealer) it would be new year before I make a decision.
They don’t have a forum as good as this though !

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”