Re: SQ5 Plus

Post by luminated » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:32 pm
Mbadger77 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:11 pm
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:57 pm
I have driven both cars and I can not decide which one is more to my liking as I liked them both, to that all the tech worked faultlessly and quickly and as expect unlike my old Fpace.
What about interior quality and drive comfort / handling.
Really depends on what your after, the SQ5 with the virtual dash looks very impressive and the seats are comfortable and the dashboard is sleek and minimal but the GLC43 has a more elegant class look to it but it does not have the virtual dash or digital dash so on that front it really depends on what you want, tech or elegance.

They both drove very similarly which was surprising the SQ5 maybe had a little better ride as it had the air suspension setup so if you do not have that it may be again similar, the riving position I thought again to be boring was similar and the feel through the steering wheel was again very much the same.

I guess it comes down to what you like the look of more and the fact the GLC43 is cheaper, the sound system in the GLC43 was better than the SQ5 but the SQ5 did have the standard system and not the upgraded version so that may have made it closer.
Are you sure the SQ5 has air suspension?

It says damper control but usually they say air suspension when that is the case as it is with the SQ7.
F-Pace 3.0dS Glacier White, Black leather, Black Pack, 22" Double Helix Black, InControl Touch Pro 825w, Cold Cilmate Pack, 10 way with memory, AdSR, Space Saver Wheel & Lane assist.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ;)

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 pm

luminated wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:32 pm
Mbadger77 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:11 pm

What about interior quality and drive comfort / handling.
Really depends on what your after, the SQ5 with the virtual dash looks very impressive and the seats are comfortable and the dashboard is sleek and minimal but the GLC43 has a more elegant class look to it but it does not have the virtual dash or digital dash so on that front it really depends on what you want, tech or elegance.

They both drove very similarly which was surprising the SQ5 maybe had a little better ride as it had the air suspension setup so if you do not have that it may be again similar, the riving position I thought again to be boring was similar and the feel through the steering wheel was again very much the same.

I guess it comes down to what you like the look of more and the fact the GLC43 is cheaper, the sound system in the GLC43 was better than the SQ5 but the SQ5 did have the standard system and not the upgraded version so that may have made it closer.

It says damper control but usually they say air suspension when that is the case as it is with the SQ7.
oh yes it does,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDcs7yyJw0
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:09 pm

luminated wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am

Yup it's a £1000 option and it's extremely effective.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Birthwaite

Post by Birthwaite » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:59 am

A few of the more interesting problems....
Done 4,000 pretty spirited miles and the oil display suggests it's down to around 1/3 even though the next oil change still shows around 19,000 miles.Anything to be wary of?
I have got the tinny sounding brake problem which is intermittent at the moment.
When I first set of in the car and turn the steering wheel there is a grinding noice/feeling coming from the accelerator and then it goes away. It is a horrible feeling through your foot, does anyone else have this?
Boot sensor under the boot doesn't work when I kick my foot under.
Has anyone else experienced lumpy idle intermittently, it never throws any lights on and cleans once i accelerate?

Etc. etc. ?? F-Pace forum – No it’s the myAudiQ5.com forum – seems all is not perfect .... :)
Very happy F-Pace user ..... 3l S diesel. Ammonite - 22" wheels - mood lighting - 14 way memory seats - pano roof - LED headlights - electric tow bar - ICTP - boot release - etc.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:12 am

Yup. Plenty of disgruntled owners. Seems the new Q5 built in Mexico is suffering quite a few teething problems.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:33 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:12 am
Yup. Plenty of disgruntled owners. Seems the new Q5 built in Mexico is suffering quite a few teething problems.
Indeed, I made the mistake of buying a Merc E-Class estate that turned out to have been built in Hungary which was a pile of crap. They gave up and moved a lot of production back to Stuttgart, but by then Mercedes bullet proof reliability record was shot, and despite what people think, it's never been the same since. Then of course there is the US built ML, which buried it totally!

Perhaps this is why Donald wants to build a wall..... They have enough locally produced barely moving scrap without importing anymore from their neighbour!
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:
It's not good, Audi, of course, are building them in Mexico as it's cheaper to produce and put on a boat and make people wait up to six months for the cars but what about there reputation, if it is a production plant issue with Mexico then this could seriously damage their image.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:50 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 am
JLRnumber5 wrote:
It's not good, Audi, of course, are building them in Mexico as it's cheaper to produce and put on a boat and make people wait up to six months for the cars but what about there reputation, if it is a production plant issue with Mexico then this could seriously damage their image.
I'm afraid that boat has already sailed..... I've had 3 Mercs (4 if you count the Smart) in the last 15 years and you're kidding yourself if you think they are bulletproof as they were up to the nineties. Collectively they have given me more, and bigger problems than all the 9 JLR cars put together and I wouldn't touch another one. The GLC is made in Finland now.... While they can certainly drive, can they build them I wonder....
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:03 am

A good friend brought his 1992 W124 230TE from South Africa to the UK in the late 90s. Then in 2004 took it to Ibiza. It's been used every day of its 25 year life and now has almost 900,000 km on the clock yes it looks and sounds a bit ropey but it just won't die.

They build property for a living and the car gets used as a van & mobile skip. Definitely don't build them like that any more.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:23 am

corriescar66 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:50 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 am
JLRnumber5 wrote:
I'm afraid that boat has already sailed..... I've had 3 Mercs (4 if you count the Smart) in the last 15 years and you're kidding yourself if you think they are bulletproof as they were up to the nineties. Collectively they have given me more, and bigger problems than all the 9 JLR cars put together and I wouldn't touch another one. The GLC is made in Finland now.... While they can certainly drive, can they build them I wonder....
So whats the answer, we all drive around knowing we're going to have grief with our new cars, just does not sit right with me, we work hard for our cars so why can they not do the same and work hard to build them, surely is that too much to ask.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”