SQ5 Plus

The place to discuss everything else..
Birthwaite

Re: SQ5 Plus

Post by Birthwaite » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Fair comment :)
Very happy F-Pace user ..... 3l S diesel. Ammonite - 22" wheels - mood lighting - 14 way memory seats - pano roof - LED headlights - electric tow bar - ICTP - boot release - etc.

Birthwaite

Post by Birthwaite » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:01 pm

Hey I want to play nicely. I've had my F-Pace for 8 months now and its a fantastic car - much better than my previous BMW, Audi, Merec - but it seems on this forum everyone knocks the car and I cannot see why. Ok so some initial problems but any car has that in the first year of production. Yet despite that we still seem to have the same "old soldiers" knocking JRL and the F-Pace even thought they went away several months ago. I just want a fair reflection of the real situation so new people entering this forum get a fair picture. Unfortunately those of us with great F-Paces don't seem to be represented here as much as they should be. It really is the best SUV in the world at the moment - but read this so called unbiased forum and all you get is the same old moans from the same old people telling all of us how wonderful their new Audo or BMW or """ is - we all know they have problems too - soo lets here a few "hurrahs" for the great F-Pace please - that's all!
Very happy F-Pace user ..... 3l S diesel. Ammonite - 22" wheels - mood lighting - 14 way memory seats - pano roof - LED headlights - electric tow bar - ICTP - boot release - etc.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Sure thing. This is a thread I started about my replacement car and it's Off Topic so you don't have to read it and I think it's a very fair and balanced review. I can only comment on my own personal experiences which is all I have done to date.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Birthwaite

Post by Birthwaite » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Yep your review is fair and balanced - don't disagree given the problems you had - you have my total sympathy JLRnumber5- seriously I would not have wanted the problems you have had to deal with. But may of us have a wonderful car we love and sometimes I can only hope this is reflected fairly on this forum.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 pm

I think it is Birthwaite. There are way more positive comments on here now than negative. It is a significant change for the better. The car had a rough start but newer owners seem delighted so it's all good!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Birthwaite wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 pm
Yep your review is fair and balanced - don't disagree given the problems you had - you have my total sympathy JLRnumber5- seriously I would not have wanted the problems you have had to deal with. But may of us have a wonderful car we love and sometimes I can only hope this is reflected fairly on this forum.
As has been said before for forums tend to be places where people talk about there cars good or bad, people with issues and people with no issues, but what your find on every forum regardless of make or model is the posted issues outweigh the non issues, this is one of the reasons why people end up here, they have an issue and are looking for similar with either the same issue or how they resolved there issues.

Yes you do get posts on how wonderful there cars are like yours but it’s not anyone’s fault that that the issues out weigh the non issues, it’s just what forums are about.

That said there is nothing stopping anyone posting about how great there car is and if you wanted to how owners have met up and done this and done that and please post away, it’s always good to hear others having no issues and fun but you can not knock the ones with issues for posting either.

I am awaiting the Velar to drop down in price and then I will jump back into bed with JLR again, my head needs testing but i just love the Velar look, feel and drive.

At present I have no car and are looking at various stop gaps, Audi RS, Mercedes GLC 43, Volkswagen Tiguan R line but I am struggling with my decisions, I may just use the wife’s sportage, who knows.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

luminated

Post by luminated » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 am

Only a month into my TTS and I find myself missing the F-Pace which despite having a wonderful experience with mine has kind of surprised me, usually the honeymoon period lasts a lot longer than this and it's not that the TTS is doing anything wrong because it's a cracking machine, I reckon it's because the F-Pace was just so good and I'm constantly finding myself comparing this sportscar to the F-Pace.

An example of this is the ride quality and handling, I take corners hard that I drive on a regular basis and say to myself the F-Pace took it as hard and with more composure or saying something along the lines of there's more wobble along this road than in the F-Pace.

I'm usually not the kind of person who repeats a purchase, the RRS was the exception to this in the 33 years of driving but I reckon I might return to an F-Pace when it's facelift is due.
F-Pace 3.0dS Glacier White, Black leather, Black Pack, 22" Double Helix Black, InControl Touch Pro 825w, Cold Cilmate Pack, 10 way with memory, AdSR, Space Saver Wheel & Lane assist.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ;)

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:24 pm
At present I have no car and are looking at various stop gaps, Audi RS, Mercedes GLC 43, Volkswagen Tiguan R line but I am struggling with my decisions, I may just use the wife’s sportage, who knows.

SEAT Ateca Xcellence or FR. Better driving (more sporty) than the Tiguan, cheaper than a Q3, bigger boot than a Sportage. :)
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:38 pm

The Tiguan R-Line with the 240bhp BiTdi engine is really excellent value for money and it pulls like a train.

Great to look at from the front, but dull from other angles, and very yawwwwwn inside. Although damn well screwed together.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Yes, the Tiguan is not going to set any design awards alight for sure but what you do get with all German cars is the best interior construction and a electronics system that works and does what it says without issues.

Just wish the Jaguar was the same as I would;d still have the Fpace, it was the only thing that let me down. :cry:

Looking at a newish Tiguan you can get a high spec car with Virtual dash ect for half the price of an SQ5 and as this is a fill-in car until I get a Velar I am interested.

But last night I got sight of an S3 not the RS3 but that did look very nice and at a silly price so it's making it really hard to decide what to do.

At this rate, the Velar will be at a price I think is sensible and I will buy that. :lol:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”