The place to discuss everything else..
Jalees

Re: Doubting about changing to a D5..

Post by Jalees » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:06 am

Dan_Veluwe wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:30 pm
Jalees wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 pm
May I ask please how did you start the process of returning the vehicle as my F Pace is just plagued with problems since day1 and now I am at 20 months of owning it is just getting difficult day by day to own it or even drive it .
Can you please LIST all the problems you had ? Sofar I drove mine for 4000km and the two problems I had were;

1. High fuelconsumption. It takes about 1 liter per 10km . My F-Type is 300hp and consumes 1 liter for 14km, same stretch of road;
2. Seating position, armrest on the door ridiculously low placed;

Further I am mainly disappointed for loads of functions that simply don't work.

- ripping CD, storing music on SSD : not available ;
- same with transferring from USB;
- CD-player does not play MP3;
- no memory seats although R-Sport ;
- hidious Xenon lights that make it look like "BRUM";
- no DAB+ standard [ only since MY 2020 ];
- why can I not select [ digital dashboard ] the map on the left, spedometer dial central and tripdata rightside?
- why can I not NAME my favorites in HERE maps : TomTom let me do that in 2005 ;

Just some things that came to mind. There are lots more..
Hi,

My funny list of issues is at this link making me crazy now. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5250#p66376

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Jdr0-3

Post by Jdr0-3 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Hello Jalees

Just to clarify I did not "Return" my Disco 5 I sold back to the dealer who were well aware of all the issues that I had with it. The dealer acknowledged this and the deal we did was way above the market value for the car which was 18 months old and 35k on clock.

I have bought 6 cars from this dealer over the years so I can only assume they wanted to keep their customer happy, it would be true to say there was a few stand off and tense moments during the conclusion to the sale of my Disco 5.

My F pace to date has been flawless and is an absolute delight to drive I am sorry to hear you have had issues, could I be so bold as to suggest trying a different dealer from what I read this does seem to be key to getting issues resolved .
F Pace - 2019, 2.0L 180, R sport, AWD Auto, Corris grey, black pack, plus quite a few toys
Discovery 5 - Gone and a complete disaster never going back!
5 x Discovery 4s - All brilliant

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi,
Thanks for information.
My car is on 4 year PCP and at this point i am sure it must have build up negative equity.
All I want is to get rid of the car and not pay anything which is of course a very difficult task unless JLR step in and cover those costs.
I am at a point if JLR offers me a brand new car at no cost I just don't want it.
The amount of inconveniences I have after getting this car.
Never had any car like this in my driving history which is above 30 years.
During that I had old bangers and brand new ones.
Dealer has nothing in this I would say it's just a faulty car from JLR which keeps developing faults one after the other.
Let's see on Monday I'll try contacting dealer and explaining everything to them.
Have already sent email with dates issues to JLR customer support.
And right now car is sitting in driveway flat dead.
So can't even go to do groceries.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:40 pm

@Jalees_ They need to give you a replacement car. If they don't give one, tell them you will rent one and send the bill on to them. They can only return the car if its faultless. Does it fail again on the same isuse, get in touch with a consumer organisation, the AA or a sollicitor.
FT jag ______ P300___UniAir ___4-cyl__ _300hp 400nm____ 8-) Ultra Bleu_[ 30 k]
FP jag ______25T____UniAir____4-cyl____250hp 365nm____ :P Loire Blue_[ 5 k]
AT BMW ___216i______________3-cyl____102hp 180nm____ :? Blue_2_____[ 41 k ]