Mercedes
8%
None of the above
20%

Total votes: 51

Bimjob

Re: Next car choice?

Post by Bimjob » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 pm

My F-Pace arrived in my life 1/8/2018. 25T R-Sport Loire Blue. The engine is agile and responsive in dynamic mode. I decided to finance it over 3 years with a PCP rather than use cash as I thought EV technology was really moving quickly and I wanted options. The I-Pace was an option but too small for my needs-other than that I would have gone for it I think. The gloriously decadent SVR was not around when I ordered.
So if I was pressured to change my car now (and I'm having real fun with my F-Pace) I would without any doubt go for the SVR.
The bodywork is sublime and the performance must be dangerous-which is great in experienced hands. I do 10K max a year so the economy is not an issue for me. Not sure my wife would agree-but that conversation is yet to happen. She is keen on EV and her next car will be a MINI EV-the wiring is in the garage already. A bigger I-Pace may challenge the SVR.

Jalees

Re: Next car choice?

Post by Jalees » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 am

I wanted to keep my current f pace for some good time but at the rate of issues and build quality it might not be able to keep up and I don't belong to any royal family who has plenty of funds once warranty is expired. So maybe I'll return at the end of pcp agreement and move on back to German brand and by that time who knows what is in the market which takes your attention.
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

chris

What to buy next?

Post by chris » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:38 pm

So, little by little, petrol and diesel are being demonised by the establishment ( following some namby pamby, pc, eco badly thought out strategy). We are being forced from Euro 6 clean emissions diesels onto electric cars that have no mileage range and no major strategy to charge them.
As we watch our current range depreciating by the week , what do we drive next in the JLR range? Expect major cuts in car manufacture in what is left of UK markets , If I worked for JLR I would be well worried for the future. :(
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Jalees

Re: What to buy next?

Post by Jalees » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:53 pm

I Pace..... :D , well 2035 is when no new petrol or diesel car would be available. But second hand would still be there and maybe by that time technology changes might bring something more appealing or maybe we would just stop driving. I would say let's get a V8 SVR and have some fun till then.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Nowaytk

Re: What to buy next?

Post by Nowaytk » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:16 am

I second that 😁
2020 Eiger gray SVR, with a few options, oh and yeah, an awesome soundtrack :D

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”