DPD parcel service : A NIGHTMARE !!

The place to discuss everything else..
Dan_Veluwe

DPD parcel service : A NIGHTMARE !!

Post by Dan_Veluwe » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:55 pm

--- AVOID DPD PARCEL SERVICES -----

I ordered some parts for my new car. The seller made sure it got to the DPD depot asap, it appeared there some time later.
This was on monday the 23rd ; delivery was due on friday the 27th.. .. but the 25th the shipment was still stationary in Dunstable ! :shock:

So the seller contacted DPD just to hear the package was 'to long' --why did they accept it -- so it was transferred to 'normal' shipping.

As you may have guessed, it did not arrive. So on saterday I started phoning DPD in the Netherlands [ didn't know of the existence..],
then email DPD UK services ''...we forwarded your email to international services.." , yes you guessed it : NO REPLY !

So I contacted International sevices by email on sunday , only to recieve a reply "..within 2 hours on working days.." TODAY around 17h !! :roll:

But before this, the seller contacted me and said they shipped it BACK TO HIM (???) also charging him GBP 44.-- EXTRA ????

So now it comes by TNT...

DPD screenshot, some private details eliminated..

dpd.jpg

FT jag ______ P300___UniAir ___4-cyl__ _300hp 400nm____ 8-) Ultra Bleu_[ 29 k]
FP jag ______25T____UniAir____4-cyl____250hp 365nm____ :P Loire Blue_[ 3,9 k]
AT BMW ___216i______________3-cyl____102hp 180nm____ :? Blue_2_____[ 39 k ]

Jagfpacejk

Re: DPD parcel service : A NIGHTMARE !!

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:44 am

Where i work we use DPD for UK delivery and have no issues at all, We do not use them for overseas.

We do use TNT for overseas and find them the worst company to deal with and they loose parcels all the time.

Now we use DHL and FedEx as they are much better at getting the items delivered.

I am told that overseas TNT use a lot of temporary drivers which is why they have so many issues.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6