Goodbye from JA65CAT ( jagscat)

The place to discuss everything else..
Jags cat

Goodbye from JA65CAT ( jagscat)

Post by Jags cat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi all, time to say farewell. I have enjoyed being a part of this forum for over 3 years, since placing my order in Jan 16... and being one of the first non FE F pace owners to post on the forum.
I have been lucky enough to have had a trouble free experience, even though I have been frustrated and indeed disappointed at times with the customer care shown by JLR to other members on this forum over the years to.
I will probably pop on here every now and then to check on how things are! Having been undecided for nearly a year now on the replacement, .... my wife decided for me and as part of a weekend away I was presented with a nearly new FF RR, ... she’s a lucky girl 🤦‍♂️.. 🤣🤣 which I will keep for a couple of years , until the hybrid tech is a bit more proven and potentially cheaper.

Will I stay with the JLR brand,... Hummm , the competition are stepping up thier game with each new model launched.... I suspect like many others I am also questioning what indeed the future of both cars and driving will look like in 10 years time.... manual gearboxes and petrol pumps will be fading into history. I take heart in that I think I got to experience the era of driving in the best time,... before it became to automated and invasive.
May I take this opportunity to wish the forum and its members happy motoring, and I will of course be thinking about my time here every time I see an F pace whizz past me as I clog up the slow lane in the big Rangie 🤣🤣
Regards,
JC , .. aka jagscat.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Jagfpacejk

Re: Goodbye from JA65CAT ( jagscat)

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:49 pm

Good luck in the future.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

mik

Post by mik » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:06 pm

8-)
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Best of luck in the new car!
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

DPE

Post by DPE » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Enjoy the future
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Penfold23

Post by Penfold23 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Good luck Jagscat.
Decision time coming up for me soon as well after nearly 3 years in my FP 3.0D Sport.
Just picked up a RRS that my wife is now driving. If she is happy to stay in it then I'm tempted to move to a F-Type (mid-life crisis or what?).
Despite one or two hiccups, I'm still prepared to continue giving JLR my cash!
OWNER OF: 3.0d S, Rhodium Silver, Jet trim, 14 way sports seats, 20" Venom Black, Adv Parking pack, Black pack, Climate front/heated rear, InControl Touch Pro 380w, Privacy Glass, reclining rear seats, & few other bits. 5yr service plan.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:43 am

Good luck JC - perhaps the dogs might enjoy the bigger boot area?!

I've currently got a new Disco loan car and the thing about these and the FF RR is their sheer size compared, not only to the F Pace, but also small houses..... Nice places to sit and waft along, surprisingly quick off the line and only marginally noticeably inferior at cornering.... The boot operated seat controls are a bit of a handful!

In the process of moving down your way, so if you see a shiny, blinged up F Pace with an ancient Daschund riding shotgun in either Taunton or Matford, wave! :D

mik

Post by mik » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Penfold23 wrote: Just picked up a RRS that my wife is now driving. If she is happy to stay in it then I'm tempted to move to a F-Type (mid-life crisis or what?).
Why not?

We have dogs n sprogs but I VERY rarely miss having two practical cars.

Go for it. :)
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”