Mercedes
9%
None of the above
22%

Total votes: 46

jeffreywoodham

Re: Next car choice?

Post by jeffreywoodham » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Perhaps we should start a new section where like-minded people can discuss what a bad car the Jaguar F Pace is and leave the rest of us to our forum.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:20 pm

nphe9974 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 pm
Smitten wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Same vehicle as you at same price point. Quality is superb. No issues whatsoever. Drives extremely well. Nine months ownership and 1 dealer visit for software update with loan car provided. Love my car. Had an Alpha GTV years back and it had good build quality but I wouldn't put it in Porche class. Unfortunately you have had a poor experience. I have had a great one and would highly recommend the F Pace to anyone.
its great that you love your F-Pace but let’s be honest, the interior isn’t good enough for a 50k plus car.
Disagree. Yep some of the lower level plastic is a bit scratchy but it was on my Audi as well. And my BMW. And my VW. And my Alpha. It's all very subjective. If you want to find fault in anything, you will. My Audi used to tramline on tarmac (steering wasnt sharp) and had a old fashioned Sat nav. Door bins had the same plastic as the F Pace...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Redman

Post by Redman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:21 am

All good points

There is always a balance for manufacturers and customers

Exactly where that lies is a matter for debate and personal preference

For the poster who enquired re changing from an F pace to Stelvio, with experience if both vehicles I would give positive feedback about the Stelvio

I have learnt some important points from these last two car acquisitions

I did not do enough homework on the F pace

The motoring press has huge conflicts of interest and I would not rely on their writings

The JD power survey is probably your best guide to the wisdom of your purchase, at least it's based on actual user data

Owners forums can be very useful as a source of real world information - but that is dependent on independence and autonomy. If they are aggressively policed to sustain a single viewpoint, they will be of no more value than the motoring media

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 am

There is a very good article on the Rivian in Car magazine this month.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:00 am

Hmmm, I must be getting fickle, 'cos now this has got me thinking; could also be quite a serious contender for next place on my driveway...
. . . and I reckon if you photoshopped a 'growler' onto the front grille and a 'leaper' onto the tailgate, it wouldn't look half bad either, suddenly the I-Pace could be looking a little old fashioned! ;)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Milesg

Post by Milesg » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:30 am

Thinking something electric with self drive. With 5 kids 7 seats would also be great. Forgetting the kids agree the polestar looks great. Being more sensible also like the look of the new Ford Explorer hybrid. Looks very Range Rover and local dealer says definitely coming in right hand drive.

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi all, haven’t been on here in a while but always keep looking in every week! I have only 3 months until I probably say goodbye to my F pace.
I still haven’t decided on it’s replacement which is an unusual situation as I usually know my choice about a year before.
I have been seriously looking at a FFRR about 2 years old. I know this will be a last hurrah,... before the first electric / hybrid car that we probably will all be driving in 5-6 yrs time.
I really am struggling trying to decide,.. in the vain hope that a new model will catch my eye and heart the same way the F pace did.
My only other option is to keep the old banger going maximum for another year, which is also unheard of, in the hope that something is launched. Whatever happens will keep you posted, as I will probably advertise the JA65 CAT plate here initially.
All the best.
Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Big Pimp

Post by Big Pimp » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:58 am

Almost 3 years of ownership...... and I'm starting to look at what the replacement of my beloved F-Pace will be, and my head is pickled!!!

As much as I love the smooth 3.0D engine, I wish I had have chosen the 3.0 Petrol - I'm only doing around 10k miles per year (I bought a van to use for work more often) and the 3.0 supercharged petrol would have been a much better choice in hindsight.

I'm really disappointed that the only petrol engines available now are the 2.0 4cylinder pushing 300bhp or the SVR.

Obviously I'd love the SVR and depending on pricing, discounts and availability when I'm due to change early next year it still may be a choice.

Looking at other alternatives, they vary greatly, although I still think the F-Pace is one of the best looking mid sized SUVs on the road, and is going to be hard to replace. I still get people commenting on just how well my F-Pace looks.

I have been looking at the new Porsche Macan S which has the desired 3.0 V6 petrol turbo pushing out 350bhp.
I think its slightly smaller than the F-Pace, and don't think I want something much smaller than what I'm driving.

Theres the new Porsche Cayenne S coupe, but that's into SVR money and territory, and out of the two, i'd be sticking with the F-Pace

Audi SQ7 isn't currently available to order new, but would definitely tick a lot of boxes, and nearly new ones are few and far between

Audi Q8 - not sure on the looks!

Discover 5 HSE Lux is high up on the agenda also, but the price of them will have me in an SVR!

Any input from you helpful members?!
Ordered:
F Pace S in Ultimate Black running 22" Turbine chrome finish, privacy glass, gloss black window surrounds & LED headlights
Jet 14-way seats with jet headlining and ICTP & TV, mood lighting, electric towbar & more!

Rog_N

Post by Rog_N » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:45 pm

I’ve been round the loop before deciding on a new F Pace 300 Sport.

Merc GLC AMG, seemed ok, too small in the back seats for the family and unhelpful dealer
VW Tiguan, boot too small and not quick enough
VW Touareg, had the v6 supercharged hybrid previously.. new one is massive with a lovely display system. Diesel only atm.
Audi Q5 too small! Q7/SQ7 same as Touareg, Q8 not enough headroom for me
Porsche Mecan (Audi Q5 in a different top) too small in the back and expensive servicing and no local dealer. Nice engine mind you!
Porsche Cayenne (Touareg / Q7) very nice but massive.
Volvo XC60 looks ok, just a bit boring inside and T8 hybrid hard to order
Volvo XC90 massive road presence again T8 impossible to order

RR Velar very nice interior (better than jag IMO) but softer ride and didn’t feel as much a drivers car for the same spec as the F Pace. Plus about £5k more for the same spec.
Indus Silver F-Pace 300 Sport ordered June now due Sept/Oct/Nov
22” Grey Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & Lights plus a few other extras.

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:52 pm

X5 m50d for me next time although part of me is tempted by an I-Pace if I could trust the technology to work...
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”