Sales figures - September + Solihull shutdown Oct

The place to discuss everything else..
nphe9974

Re: Sales figures - September + Solihull shutdown Oct

Post by nphe9974 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Looks to me like JLR has hit diminishing returns on SUV sales and is now cannibalising its own market - EPace taking F Pace sales, Velar doing the same for RRS and Evoque. Ultimately not helped by the public deciding Diesel is the devil's fuel because the Daily Mail says so.

The bright spot to me looks like the I-Pace - I saw one in the local Jaguar dealer and it looked fantastic. Trouble is if they can't get the ICTP system to work in my FPace I don't hold out much hope for the tech needed to make IPace work reliably.

Interesting times. Personally, I'm having change from an SUV when my lease is up.
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 am

Lots of speculative 'shoulda-woulda-coulda' in this article, but interesting reading nonetheless...
Jaguar considers transformation to EV-only brand
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... only-brand

Let's face it, they're going to have to anyway if they're going to survive, because the car market is inevitably heading that way . . zero emissions . . consumers want more of this, more cheaply and more quickly.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Dont expect too much advantage in using lower waged conuntries for manufacture of high tech products. What other companies have found, to get the quality you have to pay premium wages and taking account of logistics little was gained. Most of the vehicles produced in low wage countries are low tech and the IPace is not low tech
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 am

Are the dice now loaded for TATA to sell JLR.? :shock:

Tata stock fall 20 %

Shareholders unrest

Meanwhile another report, this time by Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd, mirroring other analysts, indicates a 35% and 13% cut in Tata's earnings estimates for FY19 and FY20, respectively. This was prior to the news of the JLR Solihull plant shutdown.

https://www.livemint.com/Auto/6I5IFLjAR ... raits.html
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

MRB

Post by MRB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:30 am

The F-Pace may well be a good selling product but that alone will not save Jaguar, gone are the days when a company can rely on one model!
As far as Slovakia is concerned the story goes that it is to manufacture the discovery, however the line is the set up to produce all of the vehicles that are currently produced in Solihull, go figure!

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”