The place to discuss everything else..
Steve C

Re: Mercedes recall .....emissions cheat device

Post by Steve C » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm
Steve C wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:20 pm
I suspect that there may be more to come out on the emissions scandal.

@June16, you'll also be glad you didn't go for the GLC for another unconnected reason - just google 'Mercedes crabbing' and have a read. I was giving the GLC some serious thought and that put me right off.
Without winter tyres or all season tyres below 7 degrees C you might experience similar in an F Pace. There have been reports of judder on here too but the right rubber compound seems to aid traction in colder weather...
And here was me thinking that crabbing was a Merc only problem...

What I don't get is why GLC owners are up in arms, threatening class action, spreading negative feedback about Merc UK on social media etc, yet on here nobody really seems too bothered?
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm

To be honest am I shocked, no, would I be shocked if more manufactures are included, no, it’s human nature to push the boundaries and we all do it in some way and I suspect they have just fallen fowl of this, is it right, not for one minute but am I shocked no, JLR have done many things in the past couple of years that could be argued as being illegal and pushing the boundaries.

What I would want to know is what is going to happen and when to resolve the issues.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Steve C wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 pm
Smitten wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm
Steve C wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:20 pm
I suspect that there may be more to come out on the emissions scandal.

@June16, you'll also be glad you didn't go for the GLC for another unconnected reason - just google 'Mercedes crabbing' and have a read. I was giving the GLC some serious thought and that put me right off.
Without winter tyres or all season tyres below 7 degrees C you might experience similar in an F Pace. There have been reports of judder on here too but the right rubber compound seems to aid traction in colder weather...
And here was me thinking that crabbing was a Merc only problem...

What I don't get is why GLC owners are up in arms, threatening class action, spreading negative feedback about Merc UK on social media etc, yet on here nobody really seems too bothered?
Trust me there will be on here if the Fpace is ever included in this issue.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”