The End ... ?

The place to discuss everything else..
Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4491
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: The End ... ?

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm
I did price up an IPace and hit 86K.
Wow. I mean I fully trust Jaguar to have a brand new platform perform with no issues at all.
After the ICTP and CD player how could I doubt them.

GDank your eyeing one up are you as next car ?
Personally I would say your mad, I had two Fpace with many issues and I know yours has not been worry free but to think about jumping into the JLR brand with something like an Ipace, you have got some big B***s is all I would say.

Personally the stress of it all would put me way over the edge, Ipace with all that new tech, not for me, not for some time.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


Gdank
Posts: 612
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: The End ... ?

Post by Gdank » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 am

Mbadger77 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm
I did price up an IPace and hit 86K.
Wow. I mean I fully trust Jaguar to have a brand new platform perform with no issues at all.
After the ICTP and CD player how could I doubt them.

GDank your eyeing one up are you as next car ?
I'm looking at one in 3-5 years time, but I'm so glade I didn't wait for the release ... as I would have been disappointed I couldn't afford one now. However instead I collected the Stinger that day! However a 1-2 year old in 3-4 years would be good - assuming few issues.

I do believe it's the future, however my millage is like 6-8k a year so at the moment I don't offset the initial outline cost with massive fuel saves on 15k miles a year travel.

----

Thanks all!
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!


mike72uk
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: The End ... ?

Post by mike72uk » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 am

Gdank wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 am
Mbadger77 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm
I did price up an IPace and hit 86K.
Wow. I mean I fully trust Jaguar to have a brand new platform perform with no issues at all.
After the ICTP and CD player how could I doubt them.

GDank your eyeing one up are you as next car ?
I'm looking at one in 3-5 years time, but I'm so glade I didn't wait for the release ... as I would have been disappointed I couldn't afford one now. However instead I collected the Stinger that day! However a 1-2 year old in 3-4 years would be good - assuming few issues.

I do believe it's the future, however my millage is like 6-8k a year so at the moment I don't offset the initial outline cost with massive fuel saves on 15k miles a year travel.

----

Thanks all!
I'm with you GDANK. I-Pace is the future, and it's a contender to replace the F-Pace in 4-5 years. Our issue, like yours, is the premium for electric (or even hybrid) is not offset by the annual mileage we cover which is in the region of 8000-10000. Basically, day to day it's short local journeys, where an electric or hybrid (assuming they could get one to a 75-100 electric only range) comes into it's own and would be ideal, however, for the regular haul to the continental Alps, having only 400km range is a problem, as even with a 45min wait for an 80% recharge (assuming you can find 100KW charring outlets) thats 40 min too long at a services for me.

I-Pace with 750km range and an 80% recharge in 15min is the panacea I think ! - wishful thinking there !

Now if there was an F-Pace hybrid, with a 2.0l petrol and a 75-100kn electric range that would do nicely (although I suspect the weight would somehow dampen the driving fun !)

M.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;


June16
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: The End ... ?

Post by June16 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 am

Good luck with the new car , looks lovely!
&
Remember the disklock and OBD Portector
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


Mbadger77
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:04 am

Re: The End ... ?

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:56 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 am
Gdank wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 am
Mbadger77 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm
I did price up an IPace and hit 86K.
Wow. I mean I fully trust Jaguar to have a brand new platform perform with no issues at all.
After the ICTP and CD player how could I doubt them.

GDank your eyeing one up are you as next car ?
I'm looking at one in 3-5 years time, but I'm so glade I didn't wait for the release ... as I would have been disappointed I couldn't afford one now. However instead I collected the Stinger that day! However a 1-2 year old in 3-4 years would be good - assuming few issues.

I do believe it's the future, however my millage is like 6-8k a year so at the moment I don't offset the initial outline cost with massive fuel saves on 15k miles a year travel.

----

Thanks all!
I'm with you GDANK. I-Pace is the future, and it's a contender to replace the F-Pace in 4-5 years. Our issue, like yours, is the premium for electric (or even hybrid) is not offset by the annual mileage we cover which is in the region of 8000-10000. Basically, day to day it's short local journeys, where an electric or hybrid (assuming they could get one to a 75-100 electric only range) comes into it's own and would be ideal, however, for the regular haul to the continental Alps, having only 400km range is a problem, as even with a 45min wait for an 80% recharge (assuming you can find 100KW charring outlets) thats 40 min too long at a services for me.

I-Pace with 750km range and an 80% recharge in 15min is the panacea I think ! - wishful thinking there !

Now if there was an F-Pace hybrid, with a 2.0l petrol and a 75-100kn electric range that would do nicely (although I suspect the weight would somehow dampen the driving fun !)

M.
Range Rover sport Hybrid :) about 90k

The Tesla’s do well on leasing with less expected depreciation. I quite like the S3 though haven’t driven one but a 0-60 of 2.5 or 3.5 seconds in crazy straight line performance. No roar of an engine must make it odd.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4491
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: The End ... ?

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:56 pm
mike72uk wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 am
Gdank wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 am


I'm looking at one in 3-5 years time, but I'm so glade I didn't wait for the release ... as I would have been disappointed I couldn't afford one now. However instead I collected the Stinger that day! However a 1-2 year old in 3-4 years would be good - assuming few issues.

I do believe it's the future, however my millage is like 6-8k a year so at the moment I don't offset the initial outline cost with massive fuel saves on 15k miles a year travel.

----

Thanks all!
I'm with you GDANK. I-Pace is the future, and it's a contender to replace the F-Pace in 4-5 years. Our issue, like yours, is the premium for electric (or even hybrid) is not offset by the annual mileage we cover which is in the region of 8000-10000. Basically, day to day it's short local journeys, where an electric or hybrid (assuming they could get one to a 75-100 electric only range) comes into it's own and would be ideal, however, for the regular haul to the continental Alps, having only 400km range is a problem, as even with a 45min wait for an 80% recharge (assuming you can find 100KW charring outlets) thats 40 min too long at a services for me.

I-Pace with 750km range and an 80% recharge in 15min is the panacea I think ! - wishful thinking there !

Now if there was an F-Pace hybrid, with a 2.0l petrol and a 75-100kn electric range that would do nicely (although I suspect the weight would somehow dampen the driving fun !)

M.
Range Rover sport Hybrid :) about 90k

The Tesla’s do well on leasing with less expected depreciation. I quite like the S3 though haven’t driven one but a 0-60 of 2.5 or 3.5 seconds in crazy straight line performance. No roar of an engine must make it odd.
I test drive the Tesla X SUV and it was really strange as you say, was not the P100 model but still fast but no noise at all, in fact the dealer stated how quiet it was inside the cabin, if you listened hard enough you could just pick out the motors but you had to listen hard to hear it.

Very strange, nice car to drive though.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


chris
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: The End ... ?

Post by chris » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Noticed Guide Dogs for the blind have campaigned for noise generators to be fitted to electric and hybrids. Perhaps they can all have v8 or v12 music to our ears. :lol:
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine


Gdank
Posts: 612
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: The End ... ?

Post by Gdank » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:36 am

June16 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 am
Good luck with the new car , looks lovely!
&
Remember the disklock and OBD Portector
I have the faraday bags .... just need to sort the lock out now I know the steering wheel size.

Now don’t get me wrong ..... I loved my F-Pace, it wasn’t slow but it never really felt scary. This Stinger had the back twitching going down an on ramp to the M11, and gave me a massive smile on my face, as I was only at 55mph at 3/4 throttle! (In sport mode).

I then realised how much I miss rear wheel drive! I’ve not had one for 5 years, and they are a hoot!

The best time(s) I had in my F-Pace were when people underestimated its power/torque. One time a Golf GTI tried to take me on an on ramp In Manchester.... he’d been a dick on the roundabout and was tailgating all the way through the single lane. As he tried to pass once it opened up to a double lane, I dropped a gear and floored it .... leaving him in my rear mirrors. I stopped accelerating at 90-95mph, and after a mile or two he overtook me doing 110ish. Still his face was priceless :P

Only had 3 drives in the Stinger .... still breaking her in ... not done full throttle but have been over the 4000rmp a few times .... it’s very easy even at half gas to do it :oops:

——————

Back to the I-Pace ... I never had an issue with my F so I’d buy one if I could, however I want 150kw charging (not 100) and a few other changes that will come with Model updates in years to come, so I can wait for now .... but still feel it’s the best high end SUV out there at the moment, but the Leaf is the best value.

So if the wife keeps our 2010 Audi A3 that we brought as a run around while the insurance came through for he Jag, for a year, then I might suggest we trade in for a Leaf, as it will be perfect for that role.
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!


Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”