The End ... ?

The place to discuss everything else..
catwoman

Re: The End ... ?

Post by catwoman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Gdank wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 pm
I found a picture on the web of my spec :-

I'll be honest ... I don't think it looks as good with sun roof open ... but it does look good when closed!

I reckon it's fair to say if it had a 'leaper' on the steering wheel and a 'growler' on the front grille then a lot of people would say it looked nicely cutting-edge . . really just like how a modern Jag should be! :) Only badge snobs would diss it, you're getting tremendous value and though you didn't say how long the wait will be I'll bet it won't be three months!

Enjoy driving it ! :P
8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

DPE

Post by DPE » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Enjoy your car.
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Thank all again, it’s this community that keeps me here - and many others who no longer have an F-Pace.

As for cup holder cover :-

A0068478-F0FA-4CD6-85C8-D035E5541B56.jpeg

Sorry for the low resolution picture.

However it’s an option that you can’t get in the UK at the moment (or if ever).

Only a selection of dealers can get the Stinger to sell and then they are only allowed 12 each this year - it’s a very limited launch.
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:52 am

Gdank wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:34 pm
Thank all again, it’s this community that keeps me here - and many others who no longer have an F-Pace.

As for cup holder cover :-

A0068478-F0FA-4CD6-85C8-D035E5541B56.jpeg

Sorry for the low resolution picture.

However it’s an option that you can’t get in the UK at the moment (or if ever).

Only a selection of dealers can get the Stinger to sell and then they are only allowed 12 each this year - it’s a very limited launch.
You have a beautiful car mate, one that is really going to shake the market up a bit. I wish you all the best with it.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 am

Gdank wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:15 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:29 am
The car was really good but there are a couple of downsides, the rear door access is very restricted and it’s so easy for anyone getting in and out to bang there heads on the roof line and second which I thought was strange, they are not bringing the 4 wheel drive version to the UK market.
Yes the rear access isn’t great, however it’s so much better than the CLA. I’m 5’9” but a broad person too .. and I could get in and out, plus sit up straight in the back seats, but anyone taller than me may suffer; it’s that comprise from great coupe looks vs practicality.

I’m not sure if true (as dealers are know to not tell all the facts of get things wrong), but was told it’s all the Right Hand Drive versions due to moving the wheel over … which sounds logically but could be a pile of sh**.

It was a very wet and cold day on my test drive, and had my son in the back, so wasn’t brave enough to turn the traction control off :P
Your dealer is taking doggie poo as in Australia they have four wheeled drive right hand drive Kia Stingers so perhaps you could educate them on there talking doggie poo.

;)
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:17 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 am
Gdank wrote:
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:29 am
The car was really good but there are a couple of downsides, the rear door access is very restricted and it’s so easy for anyone getting in and out to bang there heads on the roof line and second which I thought was strange, they are not bringing the 4 wheel drive version to the UK market.
Yes the rear access isn’t great, however it’s so much better than the CLA. I’m 5’9” but a broad person too .. and I could get in and out, plus sit up straight in the back seats, but anyone taller than me may suffer; it’s that comprise from great coupe looks vs practicality.

I’m not sure if true (as dealers are know to not tell all the facts of get things wrong), but was told it’s all the Right Hand Drive versions due to moving the wheel over … which sounds logically but could be a pile of sh**.

It was a very wet and cold day on my test drive, and had my son in the back, so wasn’t brave enough to turn the traction control off :P
Your dealer is taking doggie poo as in Australia they have four wheeled drive right hand drive Kia Stingers so perhaps you could educate them on there talking doggie poo.

;)
No he isn't...... http://www.kia.com/au/cars/kia-stinger/features.html

The steering 'box' for RHD clashes with the AWD diff. so can't be fitted.
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:45 am

corriescar66 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:17 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 am
Gdank wrote:

;)
No he isn't...... http://www.kia.com/au/cars/kia-stinger/features.html

The steering 'box' for RHD clashes with the AWD diff. so can't be fitted.
Sorry must be missing something but can not see on the link where you state above, will have to dig out the YouTube video where Kia Australia are showing off the AWD Stinger in right hand drive round November/December last year.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

luminated

Post by luminated » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 am

Lots of people look down on KIA without actually driving one, I got one whilst in the States and thought very highly of it.
F-Pace 3.0dS Glacier White, Black leather, Black Pack, 22" Double Helix Black, InControl Touch Pro 825w, Cold Cilmate Pack, 10 way with memory, AdSR, Space Saver Wheel & Lane assist.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ;)

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Ohh boy there is massive rage on the US forums at the moment over the Stinger.

So basically it goes like this :-

* The Stinger is listed a max 167mph Speed, if you get the 3.3L Twin Turbo.
* The 3.3L TT comes with 19" Summer Tyre's. (2.0L / 2.2L come on 18")
* In some countries (US included) you can buy an AWD Version as an Upgrade.
* If you pick the AWD drive upgrade, the wheels are changed back to 18" and the Tyre's are changed from Summer to "All Weather".

However, the All Weather Tyre's are rated at max 140mph, so the car is limited to 140mph. Even if they get Summer Tyre's that will do 170+ MPH, Kia USA (ok one dealership atm) say they can not change the limiter.

So people who have brought a AWD 3.3L in America (no idea if this applies to Canada or other Countries) are already after a hanging ...

I can in some way see their issue, the car + that engine are listed as "Top Speed of 167mph" ... but the car cannot get near that rating due to a limiter, that they didn't know about before purchasing.

However on the other hand ... I'm like who the hell goes over 140mph? I've been to 140mph in the F-Pace, and I didn't feel the need to go any faster ... in fact I slowed to 120mph, as I felt more relaxed!

You thoughts ?
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Gdank wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:50 pm
Ohh boy there is massive rage on the US forums at the moment over the Stinger.

So basically it goes like this :-

* The Stinger is listed a max 167mph Speed, if you get the 3.3L Twin Turbo.
* The 3.3L TT comes with 19" Summer Tyre's. (2.0L / 2.2L come on 18")
* In some countries (US included) you can buy an AWD Version as an Upgrade.
* If you pick the AWD drive upgrade, the wheels are changed back to 18" and the Tyre's are changed from Summer to "All Weather".

However, the All Weather Tyre's are rated at max 140mph, so the car is limited to 140mph. Even if they get Summer Tyre's that will do 170+ MPH, Kia USA (ok one dealership atm) say they can not change the limiter.

So people who have brought a AWD 3.3L in America (no idea if this applies to Canada or other Countries) are already after a hanging ...

I can in some way see their issue, the car + that engine are listed as "Top Speed of 167mph" ... but the car cannot get near that rating due to a limiter, that they didn't know about before purchasing.

However on the other hand ... I'm like who the hell goes over 140mph? I've been to 140mph in the F-Pace, and I didn't feel the need to go any faster ... in fact I slowed to 120mph, as I felt more relaxed!

You thoughts ?
Plan stupid if you ask me, who the hell is going to do that speed, there not going to do it on the road and if they are Track day cars I hope they can handle a car like that at that sort of speed.

Just plain stupid if you ask me.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”