Fine Drinking Wine

The place to discuss everything else..
Coopsterdude

Re: Fine Drinking Wine

Post by Coopsterdude » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Big Pimp wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Give me a nice beer any day of the week..... philistine though I am
Nothing wrong with a good beer - providing it is a beer!

Can't beat a Good Thornbridge Jaipur (especially the anniversary X edition which is blinding - literally at 10%!) or an Oakham Citra.
No longer an active member.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm

So I’ve been busy and found a few nice drinkers.

White - Peter Lauer Dry Riesling (Howard Ripley supply this)
2009 Poujeaux - really good
2010 La Chenade (£18 a bottle in bond with fine and rare and probably many others) £35 with yapp brothers.

The other German pinots and off dry of course. Got many others I’m working through.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Checked your liver recently Badger? ;-)
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Ha well no I haven’t but been taking it relatively easy. Only a glass or two a night and only 2-3 days a week. Worst bottle last were tipped down sink and the good lady wife helped with some though she is loving the new white wines I’ve found and gone off red.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

luminated

Post by luminated » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am

I own a local supermarket with a quite popular and successful Off-License, not a wine drinker myself if you would like I could ask my Off-License manager to recommend some good wines as he's rather good at his job. I know there's a white wine that he really likes that's without any of the bitterness usually associated with whites called Rosemount GTR Gewurztraminer Riesling, this is also a personal favorite of the wife.

Though the reality is that it's what's on offer that sells.
F-Pace 3.0dS Glacier White, Black leather, Black Pack, 22" Double Helix Black, InControl Touch Pro 825w, Cold Cilmate Pack, 10 way with memory, AdSR, Space Saver Wheel & Lane assist.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ;)

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Riesling well worth trying if your not a big white wine fan.
That rosemount one just looked up and similar to the Prum and others. It’s a off dry / medium so has some sweetness. Found these pretty good with light food and spicy food.
Even the dry Rieslings have a very nice rounded feel.

I’ll be hitting the local Majestic this week for some beers as very well stocked on wine now.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”