Range Rover Velar

The place to discuss everything else..
Jagfpacejk

Re: Range Rover Velar

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Does look like a Fpace but then there are areas in the Fpace that remind me of the Evoque.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:42 pm

catwoman wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 am
There are already quite a few Disco 5 customers who are having various issues over on the Disco 5 forum, mechanical, electrical and general quality of finish, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are similar reports that emerge on the Velar forum once people start taking delivery of the Velar . . watch this space!
Ouch! Makes you want to join and commiserate with them!

If you squint, it could be the F Pace forum! :lol:

As for the Velar, it does not immediately show it's ancestry, and I was pleasantly surprised by it's appearance - it's bigger bum works quite well....

Wasn't bowled over by the interior though & would rather be front seat passenger in the F Pace than Velar...

It will sell by the bucket load, makes the loveable old Range Rover Sport look a bit old hat sitting near it, but that would still be my choice every time...

But we could write all the Velar Forum posts now by cutting and pasting from here. I think JLR are trying to sprint straight from the wheelchair... Maybe TATA have given them an ultimatum on a return on their investment. Too many cars with too little product development. Slow down and get them 100% right first time.
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 pm

OK went and saw the Velar today and very impressed, the ITCP system is the same but is so far different, its certainly got more advancements then the Fpace system and can do things the Fpace can not with the screens.

Going to test drive the P250 petrol once they get a demo car in July so will be able to advise on driving.

Has some much similar lines to the Fpace and so many different and reminds me in some angles of the Evoque.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Sat May 20, 2017 4:11 pm

I also saw the the velar today and was impressed ...but not enough to warrant swapping the F pace for one ...the two cars are so similar in so many ways ..buying one wouldn't feel like much of an upgrade ....was considering a First edition but the extra money to swap I couldn't justify....lack of colours (all grey ). Seen sample of flux paint ..not impressed...

On the road as in the showroom it's almost impossible to spot which model is which from the front ...I know this is branding but it's also boring :o :shock:

Might wait for SVR F pace if it's in a special colour and upgraded body work etc :shock:

Any news on it :?: :?

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun May 21, 2017 9:10 am

Waynem wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 4:11 pm
I also saw the the velar today and was impressed ...but not enough to warrant swapping the F pace for one ...the two cars are so similar in so many ways ..buying one wouldn't feel like much of an upgrade ....was considering a First edition but the extra money to swap I couldn't justify....lack of colours (all grey ). Seen sample of flux paint ..not impressed...

On the road as in the showroom it's almost impossible to spot which model is which from the front ...I know this is branding but it's also boring :o :shock:

Might wait for SVR F pace if it's in a special colour and upgraded body work etc :shock:

Any news on it :?: :?
Really i guess its all in he eye, the interior is head and shoulders better the the Fpace, the rear is very similar but the front is again miles different and the sides with the pop out door handles taken from the F-type which should have been on the Fpace are a nice touch.

I had no issues with telling the difference from the front.

I guess its all in the eye.

I can see people flooding to the Velar. ;)

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Sun May 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Saw the Velar on Tuesday, I was very impressed with it overall, but given my recent JLR experiences, I won't be rushing into buying a new product from them for a while.

If it turns out to be as good as it looks, I would be happy to run around in one in a couple of years.
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun May 21, 2017 1:51 pm

F-Pace S wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 1:12 pm
Saw the Velar on Tuesday, I was very impressed with it overall, but given my recent JLR experiences, I won't be rushing into buying a new product from them for a while.

If it turns out to be as good as it looks, I would be happy to run around in one in a couple of years.
Totally agree, going to wait for the first edition owners to let people know there thoughts good or bad, currently they were quoting March 2018 for my build if brought yesterday so no rush, got the cat to play with for a while longer. ;)

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Sun May 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Hummm, that's interesting! Our local dealer was quoting delivery for September / October, as they had quite a few advanced orders but hadn't sold all their build slot allocations when I went to go and see it the other week. However,...! Until they sort out the on going debarcale with the wife's current RRE, she isn't going to let me even talk about placing a deposit with JLR. To be honest,..... I can't blame her!

Regards JC,
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun May 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Jags cat wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:35 pm
Hummm, that's interesting! Our local dealer was quoting delivery for September / October, as they had quite a few advanced orders but hadn't sold all their build slot allocations when I went to go and see it the other week. However,...! Until they sort out the on going debarcale with the wife's current RRE, she isn't going to let me even talk about placing a deposit with JLR. To be honest,..... I can't blame her!

Regards JC,
If you want a Diesel i was told i could have one September or October possibly November but i want a petrol and told March 2018.

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Sun May 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Likes Brecon have sold their allocation....if ordered now you wouldn't get one till into the new year they said :shock:

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”