Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Fitted EBC Disc and green stuff pads

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Barthog 
#1 ·
Fronts fitted, new EBC Discs Geenstuff pads, waiting delivery for rear.
Only problem had 7 mm Hex socket as per prev post. It's 11mm! For the Caliper Guide bolts.
Only done 25K on original but needed changing as per rust, pads had 50=60 left.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Catwoman,
Trust you to notice and tell the world! Here's me thinking I'd done a good job!
Lol
Other side is correct, it's the sun!
Oh well wheel off tomorrow!

Yes Fluids being changed when the rears arrive,

#5 ·
Have you found an increase in brake noise from the slotted & dimpled discs?
What prompted you to change from OEM? I have found the ATE fade when hot.
I have just ordered plain discs and Yellow stuff pads for my Petrol S especially as dealer price for the front and rear pads & discs was £940.09

#6 ·
My main reason was the rust, and loss of brake performance. I have never replaced discs on any car.
I have driving for 40 years.
Wasn't just one disc but all 4 and having driven 24k on the Pads which had 60% left.
When I was at the dealer discussing their video whilst having new battery, I told them I would never buy Jaguar Discs.
Answer Totally understand!
Having driven 500 miles since fitting I haven't noticed an increase in noise!
Probably used o the rusty grinding from Jag discs :D

#7 ·
I fitted EBC Yellow Stuff F&R. with plain discs and also changed the fluid to DOT5.1 on my V6S S/C ..... what a huge difference from 'standard' with no increase in noise. A little dust as expected but easy to clean off from my 'ceramic coated' 22" black wheels. Thumbs up for EBC, and don't forget to look for those discount codes if you buy direct, or just ring them and ask!

#8 ·
Hi Barthog,
Just come across your post, is their anyway to tell if your car needs the 325mm or 350mm version without stripping the wheel off and measuring it?
Intrigued how you’ve got on with them over the last 4/5months?
Last question did they take the wear sensor as well? Assuming there is a slot of hole for these?
Cheers

#9 ·
Hi Stuart,
3.0 D S come with 350mm standard I believe.
Dependant on wheel I had Blades, washing inner rim with sponge and it’s a struggle to get round with 350mm whilst the fronts at 325mm easy.
Other than that a ruler placed against the wheel should give you a good indication.
Sensor slots just the same as oem, warning they are brittle!
lastly cannot answer sorry, as I Swapped to an I-Pace early September but the 2 mon5hs I drove with them no problems with noise but definitely an big improvement.

#10 ·
I noticed your other thread, if your pad warning light isn’t on you can still use your original sensors!
I understand the front sensor is a pig to replace as the engine underskirt has to be partly removed to gain access To the joint Hopefully someone can confirm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.