Jaguar server down ?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
MMXVI

Re: Jaguar server down ?

Post by MMXVI » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:18 pm

It's about the time and energy you spent, it has nothing to do with money. My time is my most valuable asset.

WiFi and emails are features of a $100 smartphone and I doubt anyone buys a 85k car for these features. For sure, everything has to work on any product (no matter if it is $100 or 85k) but it's a new software, it has its early flaws obviously, but if you live without those features for 1-2 months, then visit the dealership and have everything fixed with a single update... just a point of view of a very old-fashioned guy who doesn't check his emails on the car's infotainment... forget it 😃

Zaccy

Post by Zaccy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:40 pm

I see both sides, its a premium motor and you expect everything to work no matter how minor. That said I also believe there has to be some form of being realistic that a facelift with new tech will have problems. Nothing works properly version 1, Im an IT Manager and its true for anything. People buying a 22 plate wont even know there were issues for us early adopters haha
2021 F-PACE R-DYNAMIC SE
P250, Portofino Blue, Privacy Glass, Dynamic Handling

Jagmhev

Post by Jagmhev » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:05 am

MMXVI wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 pm
Wow, you waste so much time and energy going back and forth to the dealership, switching cars and all this for such insignificant issues? Like not getting emails in the car or remote lock/unlock? Unbelievable...
Hi MMXVI,
I appreciate your thoughts and I agree I shouldn’t have to waste time going back to the dealership getting things put right. I have to agree with BigDog, if I pay a lot of money for something I expect it all to work, I spend a lot of time in the car and business emails are important ( listened to by car play, just to confirm the legality).
The car is fantastic, a great drive, comfortable but I want things that I’ve paid for to work.
Try this example:
Your partner buys a new washing machine that has more programmes on it then will ever be required. After delivery you find that only 2 programmes actually work ( but don’t worry, updates will be issued - eventually, all we work soon). How happy with the new machine is your partner now ?
Let’s not get in to an argument about expectations, as I’ve just said the car is superb, they just need to sort out the gremlins P.S. Everything has started working again this morning 😀
2021 F Pace R-Dynamic HSE, born February 21
Eiger grey with black pack. Pano roof, privacy glass on 20” wheels with painted callipers

MMXVI

Post by MMXVI » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:16 am

I appreciate the washing machine instance, however it is not quite relevant here. It would be more relevant if it was a washing machine with 30 programs and only 2 not working. I could use 28 programs for 1 month and just wait for the other 2 to be fixed, instead of calling the customer support everyday reminding them that it has to be fixed, bringing the washing machine to the store to be fixed, then getting it back to find out it isn't, then taking it back and etc.

Washing machine programs are a key feature of a washing machine for its functioning. After all, it is a car, not a tablet you've bought, right? True, ALL has to work properly, but my point is about wasting time and energy visiting the dealership every week for something that will probably fixed in 1 month (it MUST be fixed, of course), and then you will have to visit the dealership only once, having everything fixed with a single update. Don't get me wrong here, all features must work properly and be fixed by Jaguar, urgently. I don't mean that you must use it as it is without urging Jaguar to fix problems.