Just had new 2021 F-Pace delivered, not happy

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Furthy34

Just had new 2021 F-Pace delivered, not happy

Post by Furthy34 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm

I have just taken delivery of new 2021 F-Pace R-Dynamic 3.0 HSE and I am disappointed with the interior and the PIvi Pro infotainment system.

Despite promising an all new interior they still use a lot of plastic vinyl which scratches easily and is hard to clean. I have nothing against plastic vinyl but Jaguar's is a poor standard. The ash veneer finisher is also plastic rather than wood.

The Pivi Pro is missing some of the elements that the old system had and don't be fooled into thinking it is as good as say an Apple tablet because it is way short of that. If you wish to use Android Auto then you have to connect your phone via a cable rather than wi-fi or bluetooth.

On the old In-Control system you could upload your music and videos to be stored in the car's memory, but you cannot do that with the Pivi Pro which is surely a backward step. I was also told that software updates would be done over the air but there is already a fault with the system and I have to take the car into a dealer to have the software updated.

The options for where the dials are in front of the driver are not as good as the previous F-Pace in my opinion.

The mechanics and the car's exterior are excellent but I cannot recommend this car based on the interior and the Pivi Pro system.
F Pace 3.0S 2017

Jagscat2.0

Re: Just had new 2021 F-Pace delivered, not happy

Post by Jagscat2.0 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:38 am

Oh dear,.. I’m expecting big things from mine when it gets delivered next week,.. as most of the reviews rate the interior upgrades of the 21 MY
However,.... there’s always a however!! I will take some photos of mine and we’ll see how long it takes for someone to notice the glaringly obvious that I was informed of earlier this week!!

Regards JC.
F pace owner 2016-19. Awaiting delivery of a P400e HSE. Hakuba silver, B/ pack, P/glass, F/pano, Self confessed car nut in therapy , prototype engineer, firearms range officer/instructor, wolf hybrid owner, champion of lost causes, who loves to complain !

Jaguar55

Post by Jaguar55 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:46 pm

Did you not get a chance to check out the interior before you bought it? I presume you are talking about the lower down plastics at foot/knee level? I noticed this myself when I viewed it - nothing changed from previous model whereas everything at eye level/upper dash is significantly improved. Seriously thinking about changing my XF for one though, but your post has highlighted something I was never happy with in the old one and as much as the new interior looks great, is it going to suffer the same old problem with scratches and scuffs?

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Did you not check the car out before ordering. I dont understand how you are surprised and disappointed.
2017 R-sport 25d firenze red. 22" wheels, panoramic roof and many other extras. Wifes gift from my retirement money. But I use it more lol.

MMXVI

Post by MMXVI » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:10 pm

When I read posts on this forum I feel like such an old-fashioned guy... I don't care so much about the Pivi Pro, logging in, browsing on the infotainment system and etc. I am perfectly satisfied with the InControl Pro, no bugs, no fancy features. I only care about how the car looks and feels to drive.

I've always wondered how Audi manage to use cheap materials in the interiors and get away with it easily.

KMann

Post by KMann » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:08 am

Sorry to hear this. I suppose everyone has there own standards and expectations. Do you have an opportunity to exchange or return it?