Anyone know about anti-theft stuff on 2021 F Pace

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Deltasierra

Re: Anyone know about anti-theft stuff on 2021 F Pace

Post by Deltasierra » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:20 pm

Sometimes they park it somewhere discrete change the plates then wait to see if anyone collects it, some will disable the tracker - they have the know how, or straight into an enclosed truck or container closeby. They might even report a diversion incident in the opposite direction to send police away from the area.
IPace SVR performance without the noise
Gone FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter
XKR Convertible
E type 4.2 restored it from a wreck, noisy, smelly, uncomfortable —- and wonderful, reliable too!.

tim4lymm

Post by tim4lymm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 pm

MMXVI wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:47 pm
I doubt they can solve this problem... if there is a wireless signal, it can be intercepted by thieves. Therefore I use a nice metal container, the size of the key and keep the key inside. At first it was a pain to open/close it every time but I got used to it. Peace of mind is more important to me :)

If you get a faraday pouch, don't forget to test it because I bought a "Faraday pouch" and when tested it didn't block the signal of the key.
Hi folks,
I've had my F-PACE for just over a year now.
Regarding "Faraday bags/pouches" for keys, I have tried several, and all of the ones I have tried are useless.
My test has been to put the key into a pouch , put that in my trouser pocket and then wash the car.
Everytime I go near the door handles the car unlocks, locks, unlocks, etc. as if the key was still there...
We use our Jag as a tow vehicle alot, so...
At home, we have an old tobacco tin in a desk drawer well away from outside windows, doors, etc.
When we are away from home in the caravan, we have a metal biscuit tin to keep the keys in.
This system seems to work much better than these (some cheap, some pricey) "Faraday pouches"
Stay safe all,
Tim
3.0D S March 2018, factory deployable towbar

tim4lymm

Post by tim4lymm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:17 pm

They take them to containers (steel containers) where no radio signals go...
3.0D S March 2018, factory deployable towbar

wislonp

Post by wislonp » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:58 am

I have one of the original F Paces from 2016. At that time keyless entry was an option I didn’t want. My old boss used to say ‘Technology trying to find a home for itself.’ What is the benefit of keyless entry? What’s so hard about pressing a button on the key fob?

I think all manufactures who fit it as standard should allow the owner to turn off this feature.