Anyone know about anti-theft stuff on 2021 F Pace

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Furthy34

Anyone know about anti-theft stuff on 2021 F Pace

Post by Furthy34 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:16 am

With regards to keyless entry signals being amplified allowing thieves to enter the car and On Board Diagnostic (OBD) ports being accessed allowing blank keys to be programmed, does anyone know what if anything, Jaguar have done to eradicate these problems?

I know about faraday pouches, but to me having to mess around with a pouch completely takes away the convenience of keyless entry. I am also aware that keyless entry can be turned off but I would rather not have to do this as again it detracts from the convenience.

I also think that keys can no longer be programmed via the OBD port on newer Jaguars, can anyone confirm or otherwise?

NB I do have Secure Tracker Pro which is ok but I would rather the car not be stolen in the first place.
F Pace 3.0S 2017

FP Steve B

Re: Anyone know about anti-theft stuff on 2021 F Pace

Post by FP Steve B » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:31 am

Most of the reported 'keyless' thefts have been from houses by 'relaying' the keys signal. I keep my spare keys & original in a metal tea caddy at night which works just as well as a Faraday pouch, so I don't have to fiddle around with getting the keys out of the pouch to access the car. I use a pouch when I am away from the house as I find that it protects the keys & is useful when you wash the car as it doesn't keep opening & closing when you wash around the door handles! I only use the Faraday pouch away from the house when I am parked close to a restaurant or shop so I don't find it a chore at all.
I lived in Africa & South America where a lot of car theft was at gunpoint so I have no complaints! 8-)
Delivered 28/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

Zaccy

Post by Zaccy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:17 am

I have not seen anything official but supposedly the car knows when its not the actual key giving the signal.. and knows if its boosted signal.

This is my 1st car with keyless and wouldnt of chosen it as an option. For the value of the car I wouldnt trust JLR telling me it cant be stolen, so our keys sit in a nice jewellery box looking faraday overnight.
2021 F-PACE R-DYNAMIC SE
P250, Portofino Blue, Privacy Glass, Dynamic Handling

aerodynamic18

Post by aerodynamic18 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:09 pm

guess thats one advantage of the 's' model then lol
2021 F-pace R-design S in Firenze Red. 2.0l mhev diesel. Panoramic sunroof, black pack, full size spare wheel and animated indicators. Jaguar boot liner and windows tinted

MMXVI

Post by MMXVI » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:47 pm

I doubt they can solve this problem... if there is a wireless signal, it can be intercepted by thieves. Therefore I use a nice metal container, the size of the key and keep the key inside. At first it was a pain to open/close it every time but I got used to it. Peace of mind is more important to me :)

If you get a faraday pouch, don't forget to test it because I bought a "Faraday pouch" and when tested it didn't block the signal of the key.

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Get yourself a disklok. https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/

Yes, you have to put it on and take it off but it takes 5 secs each time. Good visual deterrent. Do not get the cheap yellow steering wheel lock which you see everywhere and can be removed by thieves in about 15 seconds.
:o :o :o
3L Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Zaccy

Post by Zaccy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:28 pm

Wow, that is pure effort pmsl.

I am always of the opinion that if someone has an order on the continent for a car matching mine.. and they have scoped me out.. and the night comes.. they will be having it whatever I do!

I agree.. dont make it easy and get some peace of mind, but organised crime will have your car if they want it.

Ive seen videos of them boosting the signal and getting in but then just picking up the front end and towing it away.

Car insurance covers it so jobs a goodun
2021 F-PACE R-DYNAMIC SE
P250, Portofino Blue, Privacy Glass, Dynamic Handling

aerodynamic18

Post by aerodynamic18 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am

I know vag have in there keys that if they detect no movement of the key for a period they stop transmitting to help stop this type of issue
2021 F-pace R-design S in Firenze Red. 2.0l mhev diesel. Panoramic sunroof, black pack, full size spare wheel and animated indicators. Jaguar boot liner and windows tinted

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:15 pm

We’ve had a couple of breakins where stole the keys to get the car and one where the demanded the keys are handed over then tied up the owners. You can only stop casual thieves the professionals are going to get the car whatever you do.
IPace SVR performance without the noise
Gone FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter
XKR Convertible
E type 4.2 restored it from a wreck, noisy, smelly, uncomfortable —- and wonderful, reliable too!.

MMXVI

Post by MMXVI » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 pm

I wonder what they do with the cars after they take them... how police cannot stop this with all those cameras around. It is a car after all, not a Twix, that they steal...