Spotify and other apps

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Baker

Re: Spotify and other apps

Post by Baker » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:02 pm

I'm configuring the new F-Pace and I have a question...

Is a practical Wi-Fi connection?
What can I use it for? Only for Spotify and Wifi in the car or can I stop and watch a movie or surf the internet on the main display?
Is this feature needed for the Jaguar Remote App?

tim4lymm

Post by tim4lymm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:33 pm

I know from a problem I had with ICTP on my 2018 3.0d S that the service guys don't have admin access to the ICTP system, but the Sales guys do.
I had an issue with logging in and the salesperson solved most of it by deleting my account and then recreated a new one.
Maybe the same applies to PiviPro?
Suggest you contact your salesperson to see if they can help....
HTH, Tim
3.0D S March 2018, factory deployable towbar

Zaccy

Post by Zaccy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:57 pm

Just got the car back from the dealer after 2 days. All sorted! Effectively a software rebuild and update, there was also a service job done which was raised 2 days ago by Jag, again software related.

First thing I did was boot up the cars spotify app and it runs off the car data.. perfect.
2021 F-PACE R-DYNAMIC SE
P250, Portofino Blue, Privacy Glass, Dynamic Handling

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:50 pm

Baker wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:02 pm
I'm configuring the new F-Pace and I have a question...

Is a practical Wi-Fi connection?
What can I use it for? Only for Spotify and Wifi in the car or can I stop and watch a movie or surf the internet on the main display?
Is this feature needed for the Jaguar Remote App?
On most, if not all, models with Pivi Pro you get a 1 year subscription to the Online Pack with Data Plan, which is an embedded O2 Sim card that facilitates Map & Software updates, live traffic and connected Live Apps ie Deezer, Spotify (?), Tunein, Ringo

The optional extra is Wi-Fi enabled with Data plan that provides a Hotspot

"Wi-Fi Hotspot delivers a powerful 4G Wi-Fi hotspot in your Jaguar, enabling your passengers to connect up to 8 devices to the internet.

The reliability of the internet connection is increased by connecting to the local 4G network through the vehicle’s powerful external antenna, in comparison to connecting via a smartphone."
XF 2010-2015
XE 2015-2018
F-Pace 25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. 2018-2021
Range Rover Evoque R-Sport 2021-

Tony Wales

Post by Tony Wales » Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 am

I have had my new 2021 F-Pace for 4 weeks now and can't sign into incontrol on Pivi Pro. I can sign in on the app and on my Pc. Emailed the garage a week ago but no reply, also emailed customer services a week ago and no reply. Also when I picked up my new car the mats where missing and it took over 3 weeks to have them delivered. Last week went to put fuel in and the fuel cover slid off in my hand! Also just to add to the above list after a week of picking the car up the back passanger light was hanging down by the wire, I had to click it back in.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog » Mon May 03, 2021 10:19 am

I have the same issue with not being able to sign in to pivi in the car and have been told it’s a known fault and there is an update coming. My car also arrived without the mats and I still haven’t had them.

MaxUK

Post by MaxUK » Mon May 03, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi

You need a dealer software upgrade/install - its a common problem on this model and Land Rover's

See text from an email I have received from Jaguar Customer Services:

"Thank you for your call today

Due to the concern signing into your InControl Pivi Pro system, please arrange the vehicle to be booked into your local Jaguar Land Rover approved retailer.

When at the retailer please ask them to run VSS (Vehicle shared secret) and test the web browser and LIVE functions.

Once the vehicle is in with the retailer, our IT support team will be able to continue to work with them via their internal avenues via a TA until this is resolved.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Amanda Baynham
UK Customer Experience Centre

T: 01926 691886
E: jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com"

Tony Wales

Post by Tony Wales » Mon May 03, 2021 10:27 pm

Thanks for this, I have been trying to sign into incontrol Pivi Pro and not being able to, it's been driving me nuts!