Dealer Swirl Marks

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
MyV6Jag

Dealer Swirl Marks

Post by MyV6Jag » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:37 pm

I must remember not to let Jaguar dealers clean my car when I go for a service.
I assume they use a bar of industrial soap and sand paper or something but the amount of scratches and swirls they make is shocking.
Obviously not visable in non direct sunlight but looks terrible when it is.
I always clean the car myself but the one or two times, I haven't, the damage to the paintwork across all doors etc is pretty frustrating.

You can see just one small section from the front left end as per attached. :x

20210213_104806.jpg

:o :o :o
3L Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Craigann B

Re: Dealer Swirl Marks

Post by Craigann B » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:27 pm

Totally agree with you.
I tell them not to wash the car when they have it.
When they do it’s not dried off and comes back covered in water droplet marks. You would think Jaguar dealerships should have an industrial size water filter unit. I have a domestic one installed in my garage.

https://www.waterfilterman.co.uk/car-wa ... 04600.html
MY17. F-Pace 3.0d S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:10 pm

That really is shocking I’d get them agree to a detailer to buff them all out speak to the dealer principal it’s just not on . I always tell them do not clean and stick a a4 sheet over the dash saying do it clean
F pace SVR blue gone
Incoming lister stealth in sorrendo yellow

big jon

Post by big jon » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 pm

had mine ceramic coated from new and detailer told me to get it before main dealer removed all the protective covering. he had seen new cars with swirl marks caused by pre delivery cleaning,
detailer gave me a printed A4 laminated card saying do not clean this car, i put it in car every time it goes in.
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:12 pm

Craigann B wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:27 pm
Totally agree with you.
I tell them not to wash the car when they have it.
When they do it’s not dried off and comes back covered in water droplet marks. You would think Jaguar dealerships should have an industrial size water filter unit. I have a domestic one installed in my garage.

https://www.waterfilterman.co.uk/car-wa ... 04600.html
Thanks, I'll look in to that as London hard water is not ideal for cleaning although I'm not too fussed about the water droplets, more about the harsh cleaning products and material used to clean/wipe the car which causes scratches and swirl marks.
3L Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:16 pm

zarakoff wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:10 pm
That really is shocking I’d get them agree to a detailer to buff them all out speak to the dealer principal it’s just not on . I always tell them do not clean and stick a a4 sheet over the dash saying do it clean
Unfortunately, it's now been a few weeks since the dealer washed it and I've hardly driven it in lockdown and today was the first time I saw it in sunlight. All the marks were not there before. I've not washed the car since either but probably a lost cause now. I'll just have to have it polished out properly.

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:18 pm

big jon wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 pm
had mine ceramic coated from new and detailer told me to get it before main dealer removed all the protective covering. he had seen new cars with swirl marks caused by pre delivery cleaning,
detailer gave me a printed A4 laminated card saying do not clean this car, i put it in car every time it goes in.
I did have my car properly coated with all the Gtechniq coating when I had the car delivered, washed it myself ever since and the one of the very limited times I have let someone else clean it, they ruined it. The car was so filthy that I thought, sod it, I'll let them do it. Lesson learned.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:43 pm

I let the dealer wash my car once and had to machine polish the bonnet and roof to get out the hard water marks. I think they left it somewhere warm for teabreak....never again.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Grego197

Post by Grego197 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:09 pm

One of the main problems is dealerships use road traffic film remover that they mix up there self from concentrate. It can remove tar and oil very easily and I suppose with an industrial jet wash all the wax from your paint work. As I said they mix it there self I seen an audi the other week with both the paint and chrome work damaged because it had been left on too long.
F pace r sport 2.0awd rhodium silver privacy glass ebony and oyster interior electric seats glass roof 20 inch matrix wheels.

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:16 pm

As a matter of interest, how many washes to you get per filter?
XF 2010-2015
XE 2015-2018
F-Pace 25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. 2018-2021
Range Rover Evoque R-Sport 2021-