Warranty work - is it guaranteed?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
loads2

Warranty work - is it guaranteed?

Post by loads2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Recently had another warranty job on my unreliable F Pace. Telematics unit stopped working and needed replacing.

My extended warranty on the car expires soon. Is the work recently done on my car only guaranteed until the end of my extended warranty (which is in March) or is this work guaranteed for say 12 months from when the repair was done ?

The dealer says its only covered until the end of my extended warranty and if I want more warranty I have to buy another year's warranty on the vehicle.

The brand arent being helpful either.

apemberton

Re: Warranty work - is it guaranteed?

Post by apemberton » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:56 am

Any work completed within the warranty period is usually covered to the end of the warranty period. Your extended warranty will cover what is covered by that warranty. Sometime Jaguar have extended warranties covered by 3rd parties! I have a 5th year cover by such a policy. My 4th year was a Jaguar one.
Hope that helps in some way.
F-Pace S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Glacier White
F-Type S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Salsa Red

loads2

Post by loads2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:14 am

How do 3rd party policies compare with the jaguar one?

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:46 pm

It would depend on the work done, extended warranties vary, generally they cover major components, infotainment will be a grey area, to be sure you will have to read and interpret the small print in the contract. As for work done under warranty, again major work, you would expect it to be done properly and last a reasonable time.
IPace SVR performance without the noise
Gone FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter
XKR Convertible
E type 4.2 restored it from a wreck, noisy, smelly, uncomfortable —- and wonderful, reliable too!.