Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Interior Door Panel Lights

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  beatjef 
#1 ·
Hi,

New owner of a 2019 R-Sport without the ambient/mood light option.

However, the vehicle has no lights whatsoever on the doors even though there appears to be a strip there. It seems odd nowadays to not have a light there? Am I missing something or is this how it should be? Appreciate they won't change colour etc but I expected there to be illumination of some kind?

Thanks

#2 ·
I hope you are trying to see ambient light with your headlights switch in ON position.
When I bought I was like stuck and thought my configurable ambient lighting is broken.
I was checking in day with my headlights switch in auto and it was not working.
But when I put the headlights switch just to ON position and headlights were also ON outside ambient lighting worked.
Thanks.
KJ

#4 ·
Hmm so maybe other members without configurable ambient lighting can assist as far as I know default is blue and it should be in doors as well.
Mine was door strip door handle and door cup bin.

Thanks.

KJ

#7 ·
Have you a dimmer switch turned down ?

#8 ·
Everything checked again, tried all combinations of lights on auto, on, off, dimmer full on etc and there is nothing there. Should the small compartments on the side of the centre console also illuminate?

Will have to get it back to the dealers over the weekend.

#9 ·
There is one more thing called stealth mode you can have a look maybe that is causing it not to illuminate. You need to check in handbook or online user manual. Can't remember from top of my head where you can find that.

Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

#11 ·
Just tried that and stealth mode was on so I got a bit excited but it has still not fixed it ☹

Jalees said:
There is one more thing called stealth mode you can have a look maybe that is causing it not to illuminate. You need to check in handbook or online user manual. Can't remember from top of my head where you can find that.

Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

#12 ·
Hmmm.
How about interior overhead light when you open door do they light up ? I am just trying to figure out last thing I can think of.
I do remember when my cabin lights were off my door sill lights never use to light up.
Maybe these non configurable lights are linked to that function.
If your interior overhead cabin light does not come on when you open door then touch the centre lense of it for few seconds and it will turn to automatic, a message will also appear on driver screen sayin auto light on or off.
Hope that makes any difference.
Otherwise dealer trip for sure.
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.