Annoying bumper damage

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
dangezza

Annoying bumper damage

Post by dangezza » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:30 pm

afternoon all. Just wanted to check in with your experiences of getting bumper damage fixed and who are the best people to contact either that be mobile "smart repairers", bodyshop, or the local jaguar dealership.

After owning my 300 sport for over a year now my car has been damaged not by yobs on the street or random drivers, but by my wife moving her mum's car and letting the door swing open into my front bumper.

She feels guilty and is trying to arrange to get it fixed and I'm playing on that by saying it'll never be the same, but in the end it was just an accident and I just want to have it fixed to the best standard without paying over the odds.

Look forward to hearing your advise.

Thanks

Dan

20200914_150207.jpg

20200914_150225.jpg

F Pace 300 Sport (Petrol) ~ Yulong White ~ 22" grey/black alloys ~ fixed side steps, and tints.
Prev: LR DS Dynamic Lux
Prev: Jag XE R Sport
Prev: Audi Q5 S Line
Prev: BMW, Lexus, Alfa, VW, Hyundai, Peugeot, Vauxhall

JOCK55

Re: Annoying bumper damage

Post by JOCK55 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:54 pm

I would definitely recommend Chips Away..... except if you live near Inverness! Unfortunately the local franchisee has ceased trading due to Covid-19 troubles. These franchises very much depend on the operator and how much they care about the quality of their work. Donnie, the previous local Chips Away operator was excellent and really took pride in his work. There is another organisation in this area that is advertising called "Revive", another franchise organisation similar to Chips Away but have not tried the young fella that is selling their services.
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Thanks Jock.
Last edited by dangezza on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F Pace 300 Sport (Petrol) ~ Yulong White ~ 22" grey/black alloys ~ fixed side steps, and tints.

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Thanks Jock. There is a local Chips Away here in Camberley and with positive reviews on Google so I will have to give them a try.

Hopefully better than the £1700 quote my wife has gotten from 'Fastlane paint and body' in Ascot for basically a decontamination, and full bumper repair and respray. I know there's a lot of money in Ascot and maybe people with more money than sense but £1700 for the damage you can see in my pictures is extortionate

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:06 pm

Yep - chips away should be able to make that as good as new for not much money
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:19 pm

Or get a touch up kit for your colour code and do it your self. That damage is anyway at the bottom.
The amount of damage I see is the type of chips I used to get on my f pace while driving on M25. Save money don't spoil your mode it's just a car and get a chip repair kit.
For that amount get a gift for your wife .
Period.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
Ex owner of MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus.

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:11 am

Exactly what I was thinking. We all love our cars but for that amount of damage I would do what others have said and me personally would take my wife away for a lovely weekend and make her feel good. It's just a car.
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:51 am

got much cheaper quotes from chips away at £196 and body works at £216. Bodyworks explaining how they use a 2K paint in a bodyshop rather than the 1K RFU paint that some smart repairers tend to use.

Definitely wasn't going to pay £1700 to fix it at the place in ascot. Its more that it will need to be done at some point otherwise I will be penalised if I try to hand the car back or sell it on at end of PCP in 3 years time.