So Close

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
A-V

So Close

Post by A-V » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:46 pm

I was due to collect my new F-Pace Thursday, which was then brought forward to today, with all looking good yesterday, Then I got the call this morning to say that due to the Corona virus lock-down they were closed :( except their service department for key workers.

After last night's announcement I was expecting that, and as I'm WFH and walking distance from food shops, I would not have a justified to reason to use it right now. It lowers the risk of infection for all and so I'm pleased and relieved as there have more important things to deal with, and so far we're all good, doing the right things, staying home as much as possible.

And so it's on hold for maybe 3 weeks+, which is fine.
2020 F-Pace 3.0D S, 20", Portofino Blue, Adaptive LED headlights, Driver Assist Pack, 18-Way Memory Seats, Interactive Driver Display, Meridian 825W, Reclining Rear Seats + Other stuff
2017 Jaguar XF 2.0D-180
2009 Saab Turbo X

Bob a

Re: So Close

Post by Bob a » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am

If only more people wee like you. When you see the news and the ridiculous excuses some people are using to get to work and the scenes we have seen.

You will get it in due time as you say. Hope you and your family are well.
2017 R-sport 25d firenze red. 22" wheels, panoramic roof and many other extras. Wifes gift from my retirement money. But in use it more lol.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Sorry to read your news but like the poster above its refreshing to read someone being so understanding in these trying times for our country.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

A-V

Post by A-V » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Thanks for the comments, it will be all the sweeter when I get to drive her.

And really it's not a difficult decision, especially as the wife is a microbiologist who knows the risks, and a teacher who has been very much in demand explaining to kids the differences between a bacteria and a virus, and why some of the theories and remedies they read on the internet are junk. They have never been so interested, asking loads of questions and she expects them to do well if this comes up in their future exams.
2020 F-Pace 3.0D S, 20", Portofino Blue, Adaptive LED headlights, Driver Assist Pack, 18-Way Memory Seats, Interactive Driver Display, Meridian 825W, Reclining Rear Seats + Other stuff
2017 Jaguar XF 2.0D-180
2009 Saab Turbo X

Rog_N

Post by Rog_N » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Looks like a very nice spec! You’ll enjoy her once she arrives!
Indus Silver F-Pace 300 (P300) Sport 22” Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & LED lights, 360 Cameras plus a few other extras. Expel PPF and Gtechniq total surface bundle.

Gone - Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180.

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 pm

I find it a bit strange. Do you have a full lockdown ? If not, they could have put the car outside and you just picked up
the keys from the reception. If you wouldn't need to sign loads of paper and such.. ... just thinking..

We don't have a full lockdown. I can go for a drive with my wife. We can buy fresh fish and take it home.
In the supermarkets the trolleys are outside. When there is none left you have to wait until someone gets out.

But supermarkets are her not the size you have. Around 5.000m² max [ 60.000 sqft ].
Max 100 persons inside at the time. Minimum 1,5m distance. Marks at the cash register with 1,5m spacing.
There's a perspex screen protecting the cashier...

We just not go into other houses or ask people over, no handshaking etc. People go out for a walk but keep their distance.
FT jag ______ P300___UniAir ___4-cyl__ _300hp 400nm____ 8-) Ultra Bleu_[ 29 k]
FP jag ______25T____UniAir____4-cyl____250hp 365nm____ :P Loire Blue_[ 3,9 k]
AT BMW ___216i______________3-cyl____102hp 180nm____ :? Blue_2_____[ 39 k ]

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:58 pm

My service was in April, brought it forward to yesterday only last week then dealership closed evening before! Step daughter had delivery of new leased Evoque cancelled same day. Today I heard the Fiat 500 works vehicle which is end of lease won't be collected for 3 months but I have to insure it in the meantime...

It could be much worse. We could all be working shifts in a hospital (perhaps some are?) or in some other key role. Shit happens and a lot more is coming our way. Stay safe people.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:50 am

In the UK car showrooms are shut (car hand overs are deemed non-essential) but “garages” are allowed to stay open for essential maintenance. But I think many garages have also shut. I had an email from Jaguar to say my service due on 8 April has been cancelled as the garage is shut. Better to be safe than sorry.
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

A-V

Post by A-V » Tue May 26, 2020 10:06 pm

The dealer called today to confirm they are opening next week, and I've agreed to collect on Friday 5th which gives me the weekend, before heading up to TTW in Nottingham on Monday. I'll post an update on the hand-over procedure once done.
2017 Jaguar XF 2.0D-180
2009 Saab Turbo X

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed May 27, 2020 7:16 am

Good news indeed and you will hopefully finally get to drive your new car a bit! Just over two years since I collected mine and I am still enjoying every minute!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D