Kaspa's F Pace SVR purchase

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Nowaytk

Re: Kaspa's F Pace SVR purchase

Post by Nowaytk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:52 pm

Kaspa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:42 pm

I just think the F Pace SVR is a wonderful piece of engineering and ticks lots of boxes for me and would be a keeper for sure.. will upload my build link to see what you think, (also have no interest in electric cars at the moment, that said the I Pace is great but the charging infrastructure is just not there currently)

anyway fellow Jaguar owners will keep you all updated as have not decided yet either way, probably just keep my lovely F Type .. but I know what will happen I will have a test drive of the SVR and brain says you must have this car :D
Yes, probably best not to take one for a test drive :D ,
Every time I press that starter button, I just sit there for a while taking it all in with a huge grin, and I can’t see that changing for the foreseeable 8-)
2020 Eiger gray SVR, with a few options, oh and yeah, an awesome soundtrack :D

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:08 pm

Kaspa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:55 pm
Hello
https://build.jaguar/0CB39B16

Hope this link works .....
Pretty similar to my build, except for the drive pack (mainly for the adaptive cruise) and a tracker. In the end, I ended up with one the dealer managed to source, only difference was the 22” wheels, the only problem is it has no spare 🙄 (can’t seem to source one either)

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:31 pm

just a small little pic of my f type :oops:

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Sirob2

Post by Sirob2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:08 am

Just putting it out there. Have you thought of a year old approved Jaguar? Picked mine up last year, ex jaguar demo high build spec and so impressed. Takes the initial loss out of the car. Image

EFEA650F-B246-4265-A19E-E418004DB786.jpeg

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Kaspa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:31 pm
just a small little pic of my f type :oops:
Nice f-type 👍🏻, the only thing I would worry about, as your looking at keeping it (or the SVR), Is as you get in to your later years would be access, only say this as my dad had an MGF that he said he wouldn’t ever get rid of until he realised he was finding it more an more difficult to get in or out of it and so was lucky to do 100 mls a year in it, so what with insurance, servicing, mot and general up keep of something he didn’t really use any more, decided it was more cost effective to get rid, so, you could have fun in the f-type until you can’t any more or have fun and still potter around in a daily driver that sounds amazing in the SVR, something that only you can decide on I’m afraid, just make sure you think about everything before you do 👍🏻

Ps; think you need to get those sunglasses adjusted, they look a bit wonky 😂

Markee68

Post by Markee68 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Just one other thing to ponder (which might help your decision).

You might not be able to order a new F Pace SVR in its current form for much longer, the factory where they build the engines is closing down.

There’s a facelifted model coming this year, and rumours of a move to a BMW 4.4 V8 for the SVR engine, but who knows how long a wait that’s going to be?

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:35 pm

You’ve missed off some of the must have options

1. Head up display is a must
2. The lane assistance expensive but well worth it car steers and drives itself amazing bit of kit
3. 22 inch wheels these fill the arches better than the standard 21 inch

You can add up the extras and almost get them for free with discounts

I’ve had mine 6 months now and I love it the newness is still there I love going out for a run whenever i get the chance
F pace SVR blue

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Hi Kaspa, we meet again : the Ultra Blue P300 from the Dutch Highlands.. :mrgreen:

I had almost the same idea as you have. My P300 stands around idle when my son goes to college in august.
Trips will become even more rare.

But we will do a shortened Alpine tour in june, to cover the mountain passes that were closed last year.. :D

We just got a 25t F-Pace R-Sport in Loire Blue, and I think it drives quite good for an SUV.
Not amazingly better then my just sold LR D3 though..

Anyway, I have 300hp F-Type and 250hp F-Pace is.. 550hp but not all at the same time... :roll:

So the idea crossed my mind to put it together and get an F-Pace SVR.. .. costing here € 185.000,- due to € 70.000-ish in CO2 tax...

The other day I got in the F-Type and went for a tour and lunch with my wife.. ..it fits like a glove...
The F-Pace I have problems finding a comfortable seating position.. .. I do not want to part with the F-Type ! :P

I know you're a big fellah too, so maybe take any F-Pace for a really long trip, like two hours both ways
and see how you sit eventually.. 8-)

Warning : Do NOT go for the "full red" including the lower parts of the dash, its horrendous !
The colour you get is not 'burgundy' but lipstick red leather... ..the configurator is deceptive..
..at least go and see it at a dealers first before you order.. ;)

The identical interior has been configured by the Dutch importer and its this demo which is for sale now..

Some red with black centre parts for the seats, fine.. .. not the extended leather in red !!

https://www.jaguarapproved.nl/stock/det ... additional

I took the liberty to 'horse-around' your configuration and ended up with a familiar colour... :mrgreen:

https://buildyour.jaguar.co.uk/jag2/r/i ... ened%20URL
FT jag ______ P300___UniAir ___4-cyl__ _300hp 400nm____ 8-) Ultra Bleu_[ 29 k]
FP jag ______25T____UniAir____4-cyl____250hp 365nm____ :P Loire Blue_[ 3,9 k]
AT BMW ___216i______________3-cyl____102hp 180nm____ :? Blue_2_____[ 39 k ]

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:24 pm

First off I LOVE my SVR F-Pace. However, I only have a big SUV because I'm at a stage in my life where I need to do lots of work to the house, I know have a baby so lots of stuff to transport and ageing parents that I need to transport in relative comfort. If I had none of those things I'd be in an F-Type or 911 at the moment.

Although I would use the SVR to go for a fun, Sunday afternoon B road blast if that was all I was doing I'd have a low down sports car for sure. The SVR basically enables me to have my fun when I'm alone in the car with the beautiful V8 sound track, take my family on holiday and even nip to the tip when needed! It is a perfect all round machine.
Current: F-Pace SVR :twisted:
Sold: 2018 F-Pace S 3.0D

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:33 pm

@Rusk___ Some months ago there was a Russian guy on the F-Type forum, he wanted a V8.
I asked him why he would not buy an F-Pace V8 , given the state of the roads in Russia, winter snow and so on.
He said he's go and have a look at an SVR F-Pace, never heared back from him on the F-Type forum since..
So I guess he bought the SVR.
FT jag ______ P300___UniAir ___4-cyl__ _300hp 400nm____ 8-) Ultra Bleu_[ 29 k]
FP jag ______25T____UniAir____4-cyl____250hp 365nm____ :P Loire Blue_[ 3,9 k]
AT BMW ___216i______________3-cyl____102hp 180nm____ :? Blue_2_____[ 39 k ]