Kaspa's F Pace SVR purchase

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Postl

Re: Kaspa's F Pace SVR purchase

Post by Postl » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Hey Kaspa, what a dilemma, Our F-Pace is 3 years old in July I think and to date not had any issues at all we love it, like you we bought it when we retired and we had two cars to trade and using part of my pension lump sum was able to buy the car cash. However, its only done 17k miles to date and if after 3 years it holds 50% of its residual value (which I doubt) I would stand to lose about £20k. Therefore, we have decided to keep our F-Pace for a few more years until I reach state pensionable age and re think then.

I think your spot on giving it plenty of thought, good luck what ever you decide will be right for you I'm sure.

Paul
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:59 pm

Many thanks for all your kind replies :)

a_kerr

Post by a_kerr » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:07 am

Hi,

I was one of the 1st adopters of the F-Pace, and love the versatility and comfort of it - my wife wouldn't consider getting rid. But me, I'm a V8 petrol head. I've just added an F-Type V8R to the stable, in addition to the trusty 2.0d F-Pace. We don't rack up any significant mileage in either car, therefore I must admit I seriously considered just the F-Pace SVR to share - the best of both worlds. Ultimately the Mrs wasn't interested in the additional performance, and the F-Pace is no where near as noisy as the F-Type, so 2 cars it was. That said, in my mind there is no comparison in the value the F-Pace offers over the F-Type? A lot more car / metal / engineering for the money, especially if you're happy to take a pre-registered or demonstrator.

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:19 am

In the mean time my dealer had a 'aproved' SVR. So I had a look and tried out The interior.. ..turns out we don't fit !
The seats have integrated headrests and the backrest is much shorter then with the F-Type. This results in the sides
of the seat next to the headrest interfere with our shoulders, both my son [ 1.88m ] as well as mine [ 1,99m ].

So for us the SVR is a 'no-go' zone. But the 30t and the V6 petrol are interesting. I thought for a while to buy the new
F-Pace and trade both FT/FP in, go for the I6 or the hybrid. But the CO2 tax has just been raised again [ my P300 was
€ 85.000 list in 2018, now its € 103.500, all CO2 tax-increase.. :evil: ], and the I6 would be in a € 145.000 range...

The hybrid would be interesting, but that is 350Kg heavier and that means roadtax is € 1800 instead of € 1150 annually..

So I am not at all sure what I'll do... :?:
FT jag ______ P300___UniAir ___4-cyl__ _300hp 400nm____ 8-) Ultra Bleu_[ 29 k]
FP jag ______25T____UniAir____4-cyl____250hp 365nm____ :P Loire Blue_[ 3,9 k]
AT BMW ___216i______________3-cyl____102hp 180nm____ :? Blue_2_____[ 39 k ]

Mendip_Man

Post by Mendip_Man » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:30 pm

Its a shame that the SVR seats are a no go for you.

Another planning factor to have considered is the fact that the production contract for the 5.0 V8 engine (dedicated Jaguar Line within Ford Engine Factory in Bridgend, Wales) is being terminated early in Sep 20.

The higher power engines then switch to the Midlands, but there is no confirmation that the V8 will be a future option, there are indications that a turbo powered in-line 6 (Ingenium) is being developed; or they may source a V8 elsewhere?

So for anyone considering the current V8 unit in an SVR, new cars will become rarer and future residual values may hold up?

Some detail here:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/jaguar ... -expected/

I plan to keep my SVR for a long time!
SVR Eiger Grey - Black Interior - 22"Grey Wheels - Panoramic Roof - HUD - Tracker