Kaspa's F Pace SVR purchase

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Kaspa

Kaspa's F Pace SVR purchase

Post by Kaspa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:07 am

Hello

Just saying a quick hello as have not been about for a while, as a quick update I have a F Type 3.0v6 Coupe which i purchased from new that is coming up to 3 years this coming May .. has been totally reliable and no issues at all with the intouch control system .. we have a mini cooper 64 plate again purchased from new only £20 road tax and does 55 mpg, ideal towny car .. then we have a 2.0 petrol evoque purchased last year 68 plate HSE Dynamic .. again totally trouble free

Now my dilemma I retire June 19th this year plus May I will pay the balance of my F type finance off in full (have some serps money) but now I have realized (cue man maths calculator) if i chop the F Type in (trade £29k cash) and let the Evoque go .. with a well specced F Pace SVR with a big deposit and £7000 discount through carwow and £288 per month 4 year term .. I could actually do it :) possible order April / may this year
This could be my ideal car .. I will upload the spec I have built, really tempted :) ... then my wife could change the mini and would go down to 2 cars .. but would I regret letting the F Type go ? but she has only done 4000 miles in the 3 years of ownership .. decisions and more pondering :roll:

all the best

SonicPace

Re: Kaspa's F Pace SVR purchase

Post by SonicPace » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:32 pm

I've not logged into the forum for ages (I sold the FPace years ago), but I felt compelled to login to reply! IMO - don't do it. You're going to lose so much money. The F Type has served you well, you've taken the hit on the depreciation on that.

If you're doing 4k miles in that time, that's a huge amount of money to lose. Buy a nice watch that will appreciate instead!!

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Hello SonicPace .. yes you are absolutely right this is my partners take and advice. I could just pay the F type off and keep at least I own outright and is still just like a new car and no monthly payment to worry about with no final balloon payment to worry about as well -

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Unless you are buying something a bit special or a classic, buying cars in theory is a mugs game, you will always loose a wad of hard earned, but, as someone once said to me, you don’t want to be the richest bloke in the cemetery, so if you’re sure your man maths is correct, and you’ve thought about what happens in 4 years time, then I would say go for it, that V8 is a peach. But I may be a little bit biased 😉
2020 Eiger gray SVR, with a few options, oh and yeah, an awesome soundtrack :D

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:49 pm

Everything SonicPace said. Keep the F Type. I thought about upgrading to SVR, had a demo for a long weekend and loved it but then I kept thinking to myself I've had no real problems with my 3 year old F Pace, low mileage user and don't owe anything on it. I've taken the depreciation hit and I want to be the one to enjoy the car for several more years to come, hopefully. Do you really need that extra bit of power, do you want to loose another load of money. Enjoy your retirement.
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello all

Many thanks for your kind comments .. I just would love another V8 (used to own corvettes) the maths just don't work for a NEW v8 F Type but the F Pace SVR works ok .. basically because of the higher residual valve after 4 years . Also I suppose I also have the 250 BHP petrol Evoque as a comfortable 4 seater .. and then I suppose I could tinker away with my F Type .. que

http://www.davidapplebyengineering.com/ ... Pulley/608

I just think the F Pace SVR is a wonderful piece of engineering and ticks lots of boxes for me and would be a keeper for sure.. will upload my build link to see what you think, (also have no interest in electric cars at the moment, that said the I Pace is great but the charging infrastructure is just not there currently)

anyway fellow Jaguar owners will keep you all updated as have not decided yet either way, probably just keep my lovely F Type .. but I know what will happen I will have a test drive of the SVR and brain says you must have this car :D

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:09 pm

Go for it you only live once the f pace svr is amazing your f type as no warranty and could go wrong at any time .i try not to keep cars longer than 3 years for this reason
Enjoy your retirement 😀😀
F pace SVR blue

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 pm

Have to agree with others and say keep the F-Type.

As nice as the SVR is i do not think it is that special that a few months done the road your wish you have not done it and kept the F-Type.

Just my view and i am sure others will make it even harder for you to make a decisions.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Hello
https://build.jaguar/0CB39B16

Hope this link works .....

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:25 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 pm
Have to agree with others and say keep the F-Type.

As nice as the SVR is i do not think it is that special that a few months done the road your wish you have not done it and kept the F-Type.

Just my view and i am sure others will make it even harder for you to make a decisions.
Hello .. many thanks for your post and you are probably right :) .. let me ponder over the coming weeks and will drag my F type out of the garage for a little spin

good health to you all :)