Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

2017 F-Pace 35t Prestige build

16K views 33 replies 5 participants last post by  Danke 
#1 ·
Hey hey, I picked up my Ultimate Black Metallic F-pace last night and can't wait to get started personalizing it. I thought it would be advantageous to put all of this into one thread rather than a new thread each time I made a modification.

These are the changes I plan to make, and the order I plan to make them.

1. Debadge rear (remove 35t AWD, remove F-Pace, and maybe remove the JAGUAR text ) [/li
  2. Ceramic coating on all exterior painted surfaces[/li]
  3. Add 35% tint to front windows (this should be done mid-week)
  4. Install Mina Gallery All Black Main Grille + Mina Gallery Black Fender Louvers (these should be delivered this week and I hope to install next weekend)
  5. Wrap exterior chrome window trim (in gloss black vinyl)
  6. Velocity AP tune
  7. H&R or Arden lowering springs
  8. Varro VD08 Matte Silver 22x9 wheels (to be ceramic coated upon installation)
  9. Paint Calipers (red)
  10. Exhaust (Velocity AP dual or Arden quad)
  11. UK spec LED headlights (to replace my US spec LED headlights with amber reflector)

Stay tuned for updates :)

See less See more
#5 ·

Attachments

#6 ·
@Danke
Where do you get the LED headlights ? I have the xenon and the are really ugly with domed orange indicators..
I would love to get LED.. .. must cost a fortune ?

#7 ·
Yes, the 340hp is fairly quick. However, the tune will bring it up to 416hp which should feel pretty good.
I would like to upgrade to the S style bumper that you show in the pictures but I have the Prestige model that isn't quite as sporty. Great looking car.

Dan_Veluwe said:
@Danke
Where do you get the LED headlights ?
They came with the car when I purchased it. They are beautiful. They are adaptive so they turn with the steering wheel. I've ready threads of people buying LEd lights for the Halogen/Xenon F-Pace and it did not work. The turn indicators and daytime running lights would not function correctly.

However I am trying to buy UK spec LED headlights so I can ditch the ugly amber reflector. You can find them on eBay.co.uk. They are about $500usd each.

#9 ·
Complete LED units from ebay.co.uk , but is it a straight swap ?

#10 ·
No. From what I have read, you cannot direct swap LED headlights for the Xenon/Halogen lights. If you do, the turn signals and daytime running lights will not function.

#11 ·
Danke said:
No. From what I have read, you cannot direct swap LED headlights for the Xenon/Halogen lights. If you do, the turn signals and daytime running lights will not function.
Thanks. I already send the question to the dealer, asking if there is a retrofit option and at what costs.

#12 ·
Exhaust arrived today and it looks pretty nice! Some of the welds could be a bit better but overall it's well made.

I also read some where it suggested that you cut clots in the end of the pipe to assist in fitting it over the OEM pipe. It seems as though QuickSilver has started doing this themselves which definitely made me happy.

#13 ·
This is only available for the V6 petrol/diesel I found out. Don't have a clue about fitting.
Never touched an exhaust since 1986 when I said goodbye to my last old banger..

Last 'old' car was a LR Discovery 3 with an inox exhaust..

Wouldn't put cloth in it, in case you forget to take it out again in time.. :mrgreen:

#14 ·
I had the two front windows tinted today with 35% CTX Llumar film. Looks great. I'll try and take some pics tomorrow.

I also purchased an Intake Tube Kit from Mina Gallery today which I hope to install this weekend.

Purchased some H&R springs today too! :cool:

#15 ·
I would have bought an SVR instead of pumping nearly the same cash into a V6..

#16 ·
I paid $32k for my car. The cheapest SVR I see is $60k. I think I'll make out ahead on the path I am currently on. Thanks though :)

#17 ·
Very well, but keep in mind, once you want to sell you get the price of a V6, not of an SVR V8. Your loss is about the lower investment now.

#20 ·
Installed the Mina Gallery Performance Intake Tube today. Took about 20-30 mins. Super easy.

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Personal luxury car Vehicle

Camera lens Wood Automotive wheel system Circle Auto part

Bicycle part Automotive exhaust Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Musical instrument Bicycle part Wood Rim Idiophone

Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Nickel Exhaust system Rim

Attachments

#22 ·
Installed the QuickSilver exhaust system today.

The install was very simple. Only one bolt and two hangers on each side. Took 45 minutes total. It sounds great.

However, the set screws on the exhaust tips would not go in far enough to make contact with the exhaust pipe. It seems as if the welded on nut is off-center with the hole on the exhaust pipe. 😑

I've contacted QuickSilver and will await their response.

White Musical instrument Finger Hood Tints and shades

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.